[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The study by Rentfrow and Gosling (2003) shows that more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1477412379652.jpg (1MB, 2416x3264px)
1477412379652.jpg
1MB, 2416x3264px
>The study by Rentfrow and Gosling (2003) shows that more intelligent individuals prefer “reflective and complex” genre of music (which includes classical, jazz, blues, and folk), but they also prefer “intensive and rebellious” music (alternative, rock, and heavy metal).
>Less intelligent individuals in their study prefer “upbeat and conventional” music (country, pop, religious, and sound tracks).
>In a recent study, Chamorro‐Premuzic and Furnham (2007, p. 177) identify three distinct “uses” of music: “namely emotional (i.e. music for emotional regulation such as mood manipulation), cognitive (i.e. rational musical appreciation or intellectual processing of music), and background (i.e. music as background for social events, work or interpersonal interaction).” Their data show that more intelligent individuals are more likely to use music for “cognitive” purposes, but intelligence is not correlated with the “emotional” use of music

Why are you listening to low IQ music anon?
>>
>>70179936
haha the cat is dead
>>
>to use music for “cognitive” purposes
I don't know what this means.
>>
you only listen to shitty dadrock pop singles sal
>>
>>70179936
>rebellious
>alternative rock
Pick one

also

>Upbeat and conventional
>Country
Only being aware of religious radio country
>>
>>70179969
Are you dense or are you one of those people who only listen to music for "fun"?
>>
>>70179998
You didn't answer my question at all. Nice emotional outburst fag.
>>
>>70179969
The OP explains it pretty well-- "rational musical appreciation or intellectual processing of music."
>>
>>70179969
appreciating music as an art form
>>
>>70180008
I take it you're an idiot then.
>>
>>70179991
>Only being aware of religious radio country
That's most of it though.
>>
>>70180051
Said the pleb who can't define cognitive purposes. You sound like the type of guy who thinks figuring out time signatures is intellectual when in fact anyone can do that.
>>
>>70180087
If you wanna concentrate on one part of a genre keep doing that matey.
>>
>>70180102
You mean like ignoring the majority of something and just looking at Outlaw Country?
>>
>>70179998
All music should be fun when you listen to it. If you don't have some sort of enjoyment when listening to music you're probably just a total asshole.

The posters on /mu/ who say an album is "fun" are just trying to hide their shit taste (usually pop punk) behind a subjective word.
>>
>>70180424
Look at the fun bigot here.
>>
>>70179936
that ""study"" sounds pretty retarded desu
>>
>>70180647
How so?
>>
If this makes you feel better about yourself then cool!
>>
File: 1483658695443.jpg (589KB, 2249x1265px) Image search: [Google]
1483658695443.jpg
589KB, 2249x1265px
It's a good thing I only listen to the most intelligent genre, Djent.
>>
>>70179936
anyone has achived pics of kt that can be uploaded to mega? its for homework
>>
*tips banditos*
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.