[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does it feel sucking Mike Love's dick for some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: image-2-column-bruce-johnston.jpg (77KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
image-2-column-bruce-johnston.jpg
77KB, 620x350px
How does it feel sucking Mike Love's dick for some cheap cash, huh?
>>
>>70179401
>cheap cash
>>
name 1 good thing this guy did for music
>>
Saw this guy live about 15 years ago. Was pretty good, the crowd loved it.

He did a little skit poking fun at these hip new acts like Eminem and "Justin Timberwolf." Out of nowhere he appeared in gold chains and a backwards baseball cap and sang a rendition of The Real Slim Shady.
>>
>>70179867
He wrote the only good song on Surf's Up that isn't the title track.
>>
>>70179867
The lyrics to Good Vibrations, which allowed Brian to get the funding from capitol Records to make SMiLE.
>>
>>70180313
Student Demonstration Time?

Yeah no, that song is garbage.
>>
>>70180346
He didn't write the lyrics to Good Vibration he came up with the chorus, that's it.
>>
>>70179926
is this true
>>
>>70180437
>He didn't write the lyrics to Good Vibration
Who did?
>he came up with the chorus
So... He did write the lyrics.
>>
>>70180346
>>70180419
Why are you confusing Bruce with Mike? Take a look at OP's pic again
>>
>>70180462
Alright I was wrong, he did write them. Good on him. Mike Love still sucks. He still wrote Student Demonstration Time, the worst song on Surf's Up.
>>
>>70180482
Well shit I just saw an old face in a Beach boys hat and thought of Mike.

My bad
>>
>>70180528
>Mike Love still sucks
Without him you wouldn't have Pet Sounds either
>>
>>70180482
I don't know who the fuck Bruce Johnston is to be honest. Who is he with significance to the Beach Boys? All I know of are Carl, Dennis, Mike, Brian and Al.
>>
>>70180548
Explain. From what I've read and heard he was the one that was pushing against Pet Sounds and saying it was going to suck.
>>
>>70180573
Without Mike's commercial lyrics for the earlier Beach boys songs, Capitol Records would not have allowed Brian to peruse is selfish solo album.
>>
>>70180445
100%

I couldn't believe it either, even as I watched it happen in front of me. The guys I came with went for refreshments and came back late, missed the whole spectacle of Mike Love's ironic krumping and rapping, and I could never explain just what they missed.
>>
>>70180607
Look, Mike Love was great at pushing a formulaic beach-rock sound. But that's ALL he wanted to do. Him pushing against Pet Sounds wasn't merely for the sake of being mad at Brian for being "selfish", it's because he wanted to be complacent making the same boring shit for decades to come. Brian is what pushed their creativity to the limits. Why do you think their best albums surround the release of Pet Sounds and the intended release of SMiLE? Brian helped to push the enevlope for their sound. They weren't stuck doing the same "Giddy-up 409", "Fun, Fun, Fun" stuff they'd been doing for a decade prior. It was time for change, Mike didn't want it and thought it would be safer and more affordable to keep doing the same shit they'd always done. Which is ALL he has done since Brian has left the band. For gods sake most of the releases headed up by Mike after the 70s try so fucking hard to be commercially relevant. There's a certain genuine feeling Brian presented in his music that a lot of times just wasn't there with Mike's song writing.
>>
>>70180313
>til I die
>a day in the life of a tree
>long promised road
>not good
>>
>>70180732
Let's go over all these GREAT songs Mike Love recorded and how far he pushed the band!

>Getcha Back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZbyN5vJua4
Oh look, this one is a blatant attempt to try and remain relevant in the 80s by introducing some electro drums. Fuck Mike, you're a genius!

Seriously though, anything that Mike has lead writing credit on is usually some vapid commercial drivel with the intention to get chicks and cash.
>>
>>70180819
You're not implying Mike wrote those are you? Unless you're saying Surf's Up is a great album. The only thing keeping Surf's Up from being like a 9/10 for me is Student Demonstration Time. Don't Go Near the Water is pretty eh as well.
>>
Alright, alright. I gotta give it to Bruce Johnston. He did write one of my favorite Beach Boys songs, Disney Girls.
>>
File: IMG_2490.jpg (103KB, 745x749px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2490.jpg
103KB, 745x749px
This album kills the Mike Love defender.
>>
>>70180947
Oh look, vapid commercial drivel focused on selling an album!
>>
>>70180732
Non sequitur

Mike Love is responsible for their early success, which allowed Brian to make Pet Sounds and SMiLE.
>>
>>70179867
He wrote "I Write The Songs", a song that got him Grammy Award for Song of the Year and a song that has been covered by more than 200 artists since. No other Beach Boy, including Brian Wilson and Mike Love ever did anything accomplished like that. Checkmate, Brian and Mike defenders.
>>
>>70181040
He's not responsible for the success of Pet Sounds. He played just as big a part as Brian in their beginning success, they all did. They wanted to make beach music that represented the California social scene. That was all good and well. When it came time to mature and change their sound, Mike Love was the MOST vocal in not changing anything. Look, Mike Love contributed some things. Sure. But to say he's responsible for the success of Pet Sounds when he wanted nothing more for than it to fail as a whole is absolute delusion.
>>
>>70179867
Replaced Brian live and produced them out of irrelevancy.
>>
>>70179867
Also sang on Pink Floyd's "In The Flesh" and "In The Flesh?"
>>
>>70179867
he was the sole producer of beach boys' album "Keepin' the Summer Alive"
>>
I don't have anything against this guy, but I don't support him still touring solely with Mike Love under the name Beach Boys. Or as OP said - him sucking Mike Love's dick for some quick cash since Mike Love is obviously the leader of Beach Boys now (and has been for many decades)
>>
>>70181109
>He's not responsible for the success of Pet Sounds
Not what i said. Try again.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.