[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Some days I wake up and find myself scared that I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

"Some days I wake up and find myself scared that I'm Ozzy Osbourne. But then I always think of how much worse it could be. I mean, I could have been born as Sting."
>>
>>70171440
He's right
>>
What did he mean by this
>>
Sting is a way better musician than Ozzy could ever hope to be.
>>
>>70171470
But not a better artist?
>>
>>70171440
Sting has a (slightly) higher net worth though, and without having to prostitute himself to MTV to get there.
>>
File: 1468550475547.png (321KB, 480x650px) Image search: [Google]
1468550475547.png
321KB, 480x650px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvdW2qFJgSI
>>
>>70171440
You got a source on that or is this just you taking the piss?
>>
>>70171534
>IT'S AN ATTACK MOVEMENT!!!
>>
The End tour ends in exactly one month. Does that mean we'll finally get an official wide release of The End ep after almost an entire year?
>>
>>70171491
1.The Police were the first to "Prostitute" themselves to MTV back when it started in 1981

2. The Osbournes was Sharon's idea. Do you think Ozzy would've partaken in this nonsense if it weren't for her. She practically controls almost very aspect of poor Ozzy's life.
>>
Ozzy's solo career was really pretty ass though.
>>
File: fd37723af2bc0d931ad9ffe4bc739e7a.jpg (948KB, 2381x3012px) Image search: [Google]
fd37723af2bc0d931ad9ffe4bc739e7a.jpg
948KB, 2381x3012px
>>70171440
sting was a pretty cool wrestler though
>>
I think Ozzy scared a lot more parents back in the day than Sting desu.
>>
>>70171491
He's also always been popular with critics while Ozzy isn't.
>>
>>70171901
So true
>>
The Police > Black Sabbath >>> Ozzy solo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sting solo
>>
>>70171491
>I want my
>I want my
>I want my MTV
>>
>>70171470
Ozzy never played any instruments aside from a brief stint on the harmonica so that's not exactly fair.
Ozzy has waayy too many learning disabilities to play an instrument
>>
>>70171800
The two albums with Jake Lee were pretty good
>>
>>70171779
Ozzy literally can't function without someone telling him what to do. When he got kicked out of Sabbath and Thelma was about to leave him, he locked himself in a LA hotel and told no one, he fully intended to kill himself on Pizza and Coke.
Then Sharon found him there, jumped in the bathtub with him, and the rest is history. Yeah, shes a controlling twat and Ozzy hated that tv show by the end of season 2. But he would literally be dead without her. He cant drive very good, cant read due to dyslexia, has too much anxiety to ever be on a stage sober...
>>
File: police.jpg (73KB, 362x641px) Image search: [Google]
police.jpg
73KB, 362x641px
>not wishing you were the guy who wrote when the world is running down you make the best of what's still around
>>
>>70174220
Yeah he has no real discernible talent other than having a monotone voice that fit Sabbath's sludge rock perfectly.
>>
File: 1483468441175.jpg (12KB, 342x173px) Image search: [Google]
1483468441175.jpg
12KB, 342x173px
>rhyming masses with masses
>>
At least he knows he's a mess of a human being.
Sting, on the other hand, thinks he's hot shit and that his opinions can change the world, but he's just another asswipe.
>>
>>70176059
He wasn't so bad with the Police, but as soon as he went solo, he started rivaling Bono for delusional messianism.
>>
>>70176028
Since Ozzy's job was just to recite the lyrics Butler and Iommi fed to him, I don't think he's the one to blame for that.
>>
>>70176028
Geezer did most of the lyrics.
Though Ozzy was the one who just made up some crap on the spot when making songs and they went from there.
>>
>>70176198
Ozzy did come up with Fairies Wear Boots which is probably the funniest song the original lineup ever did.
>>
>>70176223
Agree.
Sabbath is also one of those bands that really sound better live than on recordings.
I will never forget the pounding beginning of Children of the Grave. The sound was just so big and meaty.
>>
File: 166-18-bonopasseson[1].jpg (746KB, 1200x1620px) Image search: [Google]
166-18-bonopasseson[1].jpg
746KB, 1200x1620px
>>70176079
Both Sting and Bono are relentlessly slayed by the Viz. Sometimes Morrissey too.
>>
FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT STING, SELF-STYLED HUMAN RIGHTS ACTIVIST AND RIGHTER OF THE WORLD'S WRONGS, PERFORMED A CONCERT FOR THE DICTATOR OF TURKMENISTAN, ONE OF THE WORLD'S WORST VIOLATORS OF HUMAN RIGHTS.
>>
>>70176278
>>
File: Public_Spoiling_Planet[1].jpg (1MB, 1456x1869px) Image search: [Google]
Public_Spoiling_Planet[1].jpg
1MB, 1456x1869px
>>70176346
>>
File: 175_05232014_08-43[1].png (404KB, 864x797px) Image search: [Google]
175_05232014_08-43[1].png
404KB, 864x797px
>>70176401
>>
My mom said that Gentlemen Don't Eat Poets was one of the worst movies she ever saw.
>>
>>70176004
>It's a "entire track is a weird jam that doesn't really go anywhere and repeats the same line over and over because sting could only write four actual songs per album" episode

Good song though I love the police, but a lot of their album tracks are filler unfortunately
>>
>>70176573
Some were filler for sure. However, they have a lot of non single good songs. Even the greatest albums have filler, just because you have to experiment a little to get a unique sound. From what I've seen if a band can get about 50-70% of an album right, the album's pretty exceptional. The police did this on ALL their albums.
>>
>>70173696
>I never listened to The Dream of the Blue Turtles
>>
>>70178535
this
>>
>>70178535
I mean yeah they're still good albums, but I can't help but feel annoyed when I listen to track after track that just doesn't go anywhere, or riffs the same idea for a minute and a half then fades away, because The Police are so much better than that.

I feel like they never really reached their potential for whatever reason - too much touring, not enough time to write, hating each other and splitting up after their best album etc
>>
>>70178649
Summers in particular felt like he was holding back at times. Copeland is the only one who goes in from start to finish and delivers the good consistently
>>
>>70178649
Oh, I definitely agree about not reaching their full potential. If they made another album as good as their big three I think they would have truly claimed the title of "Beatles of the 80's." Though, I think Reggatta or Zenyatta are their best and the band considers Reggatta to be their best. Synchronicity does get third place for me, though. Also agreed that Summers wasn't and still isn't a good melodic lead guitar player and only wrote two decent songs for the band. However, five very good albums with a few being near masterpieces is still a better body of work than 99.9% of bands.
>>
>>70178788
Summers consistently blows me away in a live setting - any live video of theirs from any decade is going to have one moment where I think "damn" watching him. But on record, he just doesn't have that oomph, like either he's too shy or Sting told him to fuck off. His rhythm parts are great though, like Bring On The Night, Every Breath and Message (even if he didn't write the riff, which appears to be disputed, the harmony part is fantastic).

I'd have to say Outlandos d'Amour is their most consistent album, with Synchronicity reaching the highest highs.
>>
>>70178843
For me, too. Andy's a much better riffer than he is a solo-er. He's also did decent live solos that probably were refined on the road. Again, one more album showing his improvements and turning Stew loose after keeping him subdued on Synchronicity and the Police would be discussed on the same level as Zeppelin, Queen, and U2.
For me their most consistent is Zenyatta while the highest highs are on Reggatta. Edge of Seventeen, er, Bring on the Night is their best non hit.

Also, it's nice to talk to fellow Police fans. I wish there were more of us.
>>
>>70178788
>their big three
*five
>>
>>70178966
I guess he is. The solo he did on So Lonely on their reunion tour was fantastic though, holding that one absolutely disgusting note for way too long but somehow making it sound so great. The face Sting makes during that bit is priceless.

I remember listening to the remixes of their old tracks they did in '86 and thinking they were awful, and that if they had gone in that direction on their next album they could have potentially soiled their legacy. Perhaps I need to revisit them, though. I also need to listen to Their solo stuff from after The Police as well.

Yeah, The Police don't seem to get discussed much on /mu/ despite their popularity. Had to derail this thread to discuss them (^:
>>
>>70176004
That is Andy Summers, not Sting, you know...
>>
>>70176016
lyrics were good
>>
>>70179074
Those remixes were the sound of a band whose heart wasn't in it anymore. If they could have taken Sting's solo material for his next album at the time and Police-ify it or just make it un-lame with a few quality tunes from the other two, then they would've had a great late 80's record. Sting clearly wasn't done songwriting.

I should get this thread on track. Uhhh, but I haven't been 12 in 15 years and I never was into metal. Somebody just quote obscure Ozzy lyrics at me.
>>
>>70179280
Agreed. Were they going the electronic route because Stew broke his arm or were they going to do that later? Either way, it was a mistake.
>>
>>70179223
It was the only Police reaction pic I had.
>>
>>70179338
They always had a little electronic drum machine in their stuff. Stew liked adding echo and delay for sure. However, that collarbone break really messed them up. Stew played hi hat on Peter Gabriel's So that year and he could have put his magic touch on this for sure...except.

No really, we should get this thread on track..let's see. Ozzy lyrics... Oh!

MR CROWLEY
>>
>>70176314
Don't forget he opened the reopening of the Bataclan after the Paris attacks by singing "Inshallah."

Fucker.
>>
>>70176314
Uzbekistan

>>70179459
Really? I know he had some weird delay shit going on, but never a drum machine. Maybe on Synchronicity, which I haven't heard in a while.
>>
>>70179624
Stew mentions what machines he uses in his interview with Jools Holland.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.