[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: completly average pop artists that had a faux-artistic image

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

ITT: completly average pop artists that had a faux-artistic image which was solely responsible for them remaining critically acclaimed in decades to come.
>>
ok you start
>>
>>70167348
David Bowie
>>
>>70167308
ITT: Post musicians Scaruffi hates.
>>
>>70167416
ITT: mudrones incapable of hearing their favorite artist being trashed
>>
Super edgy OP heres the reply for your super contrarian more intelligent than everyone else opinion
>>
>>70167408
you're telling me Bowie holed up in some shithole in Germany for 3 years, and the albums he released there were acclaimed because of "muh artistic image"?
>>
>>70167308
RADIOHEAD
>>
>>70167512
Quit projecting. I never said he was bad, just should have been forgotten in time for being an average pop artist, as someone like drake will in two decades. However he's still lingering in every shitty art "scene", places like rym still splurge over him. To his credit, he was very good at gimmick artsy image shit, which is maybe why so many music """""fans""""" still fall for it. There's absolutely nothing special about him or his music besides his adaptability to ride current trends.

>>70167437
>Dude you're only trying to be contrarian on purpose lmao!
>Dude bring in intelligence for no reason lmao!
>Mu in 2017
>>
>>70167628
>he was very good at gimmick artsy image shit
Just shows how ignorant you are. Bowie wanted to merge theater and music from the beginning, thus his music has a very strong visual component. He put a lot of thought into every character and stage setup, just read up on the Diamond Dogs tour.
>There's absolutely nothing special about him or his music besides his adaptability to ride current trends.
Right, and he was so successful and adept within many of the trends he attached to that he ended up becoming a core name in many of them.
>>
Lady Gaga to a much lesser extent. Theres honestly a lot of Gaga worship out there and i dont get it.

That being said, i wouldnt say that david bowie is average, though i do agree that his artsy/controversial image has caused him to become a bigger deal than he should be. What he did with his performance style and method was certainly innovative and worthy of note, but he shouldn't ever be touted as one of the best musicians of all time. He's got a solid 4 albums that aren't that good. As for the chameleon thing, i agree that its extraordinary, but i have a bit of a problem with elevating the rest of his catalogue simply because he was versatile. Besides, most of his music after the mid seventies wasnt that good. Its alright, but they're not releases id expect out of someone who is supposed to be one of the best musicians ever.

Tl;dr Ziggy Stardust was pretty good
>>
>>70168086
fair opinion
>>
>>70167761
I know about his shitty theatrics. As I said, part of the gimmicky faux artistic qualities that people still fall for after his death.
>>
>>70168127
>shitty theatrics
>gimmicky faux artistic qualities

Why are you even arguing with this idiot, obviously has no valid opinion or logical reasoning ability
>>
File: 1480071647679.jpg (321KB, 1064x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1480071647679.jpg
321KB, 1064x1600px
>>70167596
This
>>
>>70168412
how many thoms are there in this photo
>>
Neutral Milk Hotel
Death Grips
>>
>>70168581
Im counting six I think im missing one though
>>
>>70168776

You did miss one, bottom left corner
>>
>>70167308
>>70167437
>>70168127
First of all, if he was good enough for Robert Fripp, Brian Eno and Adrian Belew for them to want to work with him, I think that maybe, just maybe, he's good enough for me. He made pop music, sure. I don't listen to pop either and there are Bowie albums I enjoy - Station to Station, Low, Heroes, Heathen, Outside, Blackstar. Oh, and by the way, Talk Talk was a synthpop band in their early career and they took a dramatic turn and helped to establish a new genre of rock music. And they still get praise, even though they made synthpop before.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.