[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /mu/, is pic related as bad as P4K says? I just realized

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: sanic youth.jpg (149KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sanic youth.jpg
149KB, 1000x1000px
Hey /mu/, is pic related as bad as P4K says? I just realized I've never listened to any of their 2000-onward stuff other than Murray Street and I'm trying to figure out if this album is worth checking out.
>>
Listen to it and form your own opinion.
>>
>>70143424
No it's nowhere near as bad as P4K say, in fact in mine and a lot of people's opinions it's one of their best from that era
>>
>>70143446
meme
>>
You've never listened to Sonic Nurse? It's one of there best albums ever. NYCG&F is just different. They had most of their gear stolen and did and homage album to beat culture. worth a listen.
>>
It's their worst besides Rather Ripped.
>>
>>70143651

The Eternal is worse than RR. OP, just listen to Sonic Nurse. That and Murray Street are their only really good 00's albums.
>>
>>70144105
But Antenna is one of their best songs
>>
I don't think it's any good.

Sonic Nurse is good though.
I think Rather Ripped is underrated.

The Eternal is bad. The Eternal, NYCG&F, and Experimental Jet Set are their bottom tier albums.
>>
>>70143424
When has shitfork been right about anything?
>>
>>70143424
Nah, even the writer who did the review ended up warming up to it and apologizing to the band. Still one of their weaker albums though.
>>70144222
>Experimental Jet Set
>bottom tier
You take that back, now
>>
>>70143424

It's probably amongst their most pretentious efforts but its hardly unlistenable. Never take a DiCrescenzo review seriously. Definitely check out Sonic Nurse from their 00s output though, it's damn good.

>>70143651

Rather Ripped is actually pretty good. It saw the band competently do the one thing they avoided their entire career until then - write a solid set of catchy tunes.
>>
>>70143446
this

shitfork is run by people that know the same amount of shit as you

listen to what you want
>>
80s>00s>90s
>>
>>70145679

80's > Late 90's > 00's > Early 90's
>>
>>70144105
Every album from Murrary Street onward is pretty much the same. No point in ranking or comparing them.
>>
>>70146717
It was like they realized Daydream Nation was their classic album and decided to profit on that fact.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.