[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It boggles my mind to think that, in this day and age, when the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 9

File: red_hot_chili_peppers_3.jpg (48KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
red_hot_chili_peppers_3.jpg
48KB, 600x400px
It boggles my mind to think that, in this day and age, when the Internet makes it possible for us to listen to nearly any piece of recorded music ever made, that there are actually still people out there who think that it's acceptable and ok to listen to RHCP.
>>
>>70123160
The Chili Peppers are fucking amazing,
Literally whats bad about them? They're funky punk and fun as hell to listen to.
>>
>>70123180
>falling for the "fun" meme
>>
>>70123160
>I can't believe people listen to what they like, when they could literally be listening to something they don't!
>>
>>70123216
>believing that enjoying music because it's fun is a ""meme""
>>
ITT: I have to listen to ambient field recordings to prove how non-plebian I am
>>
is give it away the worst song of all time?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr_uHJPUlO8
>>
>>70123861
no
>>
>>70123961
it's got to be up there. i have yet to hear another song so unforgivingly obnoxious and grating that it actually makes me angry.
>>
Stop with this meme. It's not funny and it doesn't make you look smart, in fact it makes you look dumb. Do you think because you hate on fantastic artists for ZERO good reason this makes you a genius? I can tell it does make you think that because your post reeks of extreme pretentiousness. You're not a genius. You're not smart. You know nothing. What you just posted was the equivalent of taking a shit on your computer keyboard, but what's sad is, I already know you well enough to know that after you read back your shit roughly 10 times with a smug sense of self satisfaction, and then you clicked Post and watched the window disappear with a feeling of pride and excitement knowing you just shared your "thoughts" with the world, you actually thought someone would be impressed with what you did. I want you to do something for me, for all of us. I want you to press the X button on this tab, and then I want you to press the X button on every single 4chan tab you have open, and I want you to not visit this place ever again, and I'm being totally serious about that dude. God bless.
>>
>>70124026
Tell me why its bad?
Is it the instrumental?
The lyrics?
Actually give me a reason I'm curious, because if you hate this shit but can tolerate death grips I'm honestly curious why.
>>
>>70124045
>God bless
ya blew it
>>
>>70124052
the squealing guitar, the boingy jaw-harp in the back the whole time, the complete lack of melodic and harmonic variety, the lyrics, but above all else the horrendous vocal delivery
>>
File: martin_hannett.jpg (42KB, 330x488px) Image search: [Google]
martin_hannett.jpg
42KB, 330x488px
>>70123629
>>
>>70124088
See you in hell (not, because I accepted Jesus Christ as my savor, and why haven't you?)
>>
File: IMG_5429.jpg (50KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5429.jpg
50KB, 300x300px
>>70124129
Give this a try

https://youtu.be/CshcQ0-TnwU
>>
>>70124129
Give me an example of what good, melodic and harmonic variety is.
(Firstly the boingy stuff's only in the music video, studio ver. doesn't have that an I can agree is pretty annoying) but besides that the song's great in my opinion, the "squealing" guitar in the beginning is great together with the beginning with drums, excites the listener, then you got Anthony's exciting and jumping lyric singing together with the bouncy riff. The whole song's bouncy and exciting, as it was intended to be played, a song that gets you up. You gotta stop listening to music and start feeling it man. My only complaint with the song was its unneeded slow and backwards solo, sorta throws off the tempo.
>>
>>70124275
>excites the listener
>Anthony's exciting and jumping lyric singing together with the bouncy riff
>The whole song's bouncy and exciting, as it was intended to be played, a song that gets you up
yeah this is the main problem i have with it. it's all hype with no substance. the fact that they're trying so hard to get people stoked is what really gets on my nerves. i find it to be horribly obnoxious, but i guess to each his own

>>70124247
i've heard it. i liked it in like 7th grade when i was first learning how to play bass
>>
>>70124376
Are you gonna post what you find good?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRBOgtp0Hac
>>
>>70123861
That's a great song by their standards. It's not the fucking Zephyr Song.
>>
>>70124426
this song has surprisingly deep lore

>In 2002, founding member and vocalist Jermaine Fuller died during an 11-hour police standoff. During the standoff his brother-in-law, Snoop Dogg attempted to calm Fuller down and convince him to surrender to no avail while high on marijuana. Fuller's death directly led to the disbandment of the group.
>>
>>70123160
The same thing could have been said (with slightly different language) in 1991
>>
>>70124396
nah. that's an extremely vague question and you're gonna shit on it no matter what i post. the bottom line is that my musical tastes have changed a lot since middle school.
>>
my weed dealer also does a lot of speed and he is always playing RCHP, fucking degenerate.
>>
>>70124525
drug dealers aren't ever supposed to do drugs. that's like the first rule
>>
>>70124510
I'm not musically closed minded like OP, I have a very wide variety of tastes. I don't judge music just because you don't like the same as I do. So please send one of your favs, I'd like to see what you mean by melodic/harmonic variety.
>>
>>70123180
plebiest sentence of all time
>>
>>70124592
Go listen to your running water with vocals, faggot.
>>
>>70124615
at least it's better than red hot cringe peppers
>>
>>70124578
by saying the song lacks melodic/harmonic variety, i was mostly just pointing out that the entire song is comprised of just three chords, and the chorus is literally just one. and i use the word 'chords' here generously considering that it's really just flea playing the one root note.

if you want an example of some songs i consider to have good melodic and harmonic variation and movement, then here are some well-known examples
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBKEt3MhNMM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nz4yvQ_Ras
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f3d5ZdE4vY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQJmaKBcMzo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Alh34O8xbv8
>>
The Red Hot Chili Peppers' journey from a ghettoized '80s alternative act to stadium rock multiplatinum titans is a long and checkered one. Regardless of what you happen to think of them, they have certainly earned their way into the pantheon of classic rock giants. Which is a shame because they're really pretty fucking bad. The band's self-titled 1984 debut album sounds like Butthole Surfers meets Tom Tom Club, a comparison not intended as a compliment. It's
plagued by an overly thin mix, vocal reverb, and Anthony Kiedis's obnoxious rapping vocals. Did I also mention slap bass everywhere? Because that's every RHCP fan's first line of defense when questioned. "Dude, Flea. LMAO!" I get it, he's a decent bassist and has a good stage presence. Cool.

The next two albums, Freaky Styley (1985) and The Uplift Mofo Party Plan (1987) largely continue the same formula, with Hillel Slovak's mock P-Funk guitar riffs, Flea's slap bass, and Kiedis's rhythmic talking (I won't refer to it as rapping because that would be an insult to hip-hop). Aside from some truly juvenile sexual imagery ("I want to party on your pussy" repeated about 20x), Kiedis's vocals blow me away with just how bad and limited they are. His voice is very thin, has a range of about 1-1/2 octaves total, and the way he skips from note to note almost sounds like yodeling at times. Perhaps he'd be ok singing campfire tunes or karaoke, but not as the vocalist of an alleged rock group.

Most regard the band's magnum opus as being Blood Sugar Sex Magik (1991) in which guitarist John Frusciante, who took over after Hillel Slovak overdosed on drugs in 1988, smoothed out the metal-like sound of the early Chilies albums while not forsaking a Hendrix feel. Despite some superb guitar work on Under The Bridge, the listener still has to contend with Anthony Kiedis's 8th grade poetry.
>>
>>70125205
Personally I don't find these songs bad whatsoever (Except Mystic Lady & Road, didn't like em) But you're comparing Punk/Funk Rock, a genre known for being fast and not using a ton of chords to these bands. If you don't like Punk influenced genres understandable, not everyone does. Saying it's bad for being "an entire song comprised of just three chords" isn't fair in that context. Now if they were persay a progressive rock band plAying 3 chords I'd understand the dislike. But Music is an art, and art is subjective, what people find amazing others will find repulsive. So I fully respect and welcome to your thoughts.
>>
Speaking of lyrics, one of RHCP's most disgraceful elements is the frat boy sexuality in their songs. Blood Sugar Sex Magik has this in spades, from Give It Away to Sir Psycho Sexy, which sounds like a Penthouse Magazine letter-to-the-editor combined with every awful early '90s dudebro slang phrase in the book. Give It Away also utilizes the very "interesting" device of a jaw's harp, perhaps to cover up Kiedis's vocals.

After being MIA for most of the decade and nearly succumbing to drugs, John Frusciante cleaned up for the band's 1999 album Californication. The years of drug abuse cost Frusciante most of his chops, but his guitar had never wept as gently as it did on Scar Tissue and Otherside, unfortunately ruined by producer Rick Rubin's "loudness wars" mixing. Californication went 5x platinum and saw these one-time frat boy sex maniacs reinvent themselves as a more sober, grown-up (read: boring) band, a trend they would continue on the relaxed, soft-rock By The Way (2001) and the bloated double album mess of Stadium Arcadium (2006).

RHCP took the raw sexuality of '70s funk groups and made it dumber, partially by dropping George Clinton's political agendas and partially by
having a cutesy white boy with hair down to his waist writing lyrics. Frusciante admittedly added an extra dimension to their sound, but now that he's gone, it seems as if it was never enough.
>>
>>70123861
That's not Five For Fighting--100 Years.
>>
>>70125590
cheers. honestly, i'm fine with simplicity a lot of the time too. punk is one of my favorite genres. like i said before, i think it's mostly just keidis' voice and delivery that turns me off of that song so much. anyways, thanks for not being a total jackass like most of the posters here. this has probably been the most in-depth music discussion i've had on here in weeks.
>>
it puzzles me how long Anthony has been able to get away with that 80s white boy rapping cadence and nobody's ever called him out on it
>>
>>70125718
I wish I could go deeper but I'm extremely tired. And honestly same, I agree, for a music board this place has very little discussion bout music. It's mostly one person calling the other a name (Pleb, normie, fag, etc) and ignoring the fact there's a reason so many genres of music exist. People have different tastes.
>>
>>70125569
>>70125599
If you trim the fat from this review he seems to based it half on the bands image, and then the rest is a mix of the vocals and lyrics...
>>
>>70125740
The Beastie Boys did it for years, what's the problem with "White boy Rapping"
>>
>>70125814
having white skin, it seems
>>
I understand they rarely ever played Mother's Milk songs live because they were pissed at how the sound of the album came out.
>>
>>70123293
This. To all the pretentious fuckers: have fun listening to harsh noise alone in your bedroom.
>>
>>70124275
GIA is like the ultimate 90s party tune.
>>
They are hot trash and I don't respect the musical opinions off any one who thinks otherwise
>>
>>70125967
Because as we all know, you're not worthy to post on /mu/ without listening to the entire Metal Machine Noise.
>>
>>70126009
> I don't respect the musical opinions off any one who thinks otherwise
/mu/'s motto
>>
>>70123180
0/10 vocalist with a 8/10 guitarist
>>
>>70125814
>>70125829
He's talking about the corny Vanilla Ice type flow. Totally bare-bones 4/4 with one rhyme per bar at the end of every line, nothing inventive or unusual about it.
>>
I'm older than most of you guys, and I remember the early 90s when BSSM came out and they became the biggest band on the planet. My sister was also obsessed with Anthony Kiedis back then and built a disgusting shrine to them in her room. She also "dated" him for a while. God, I hate this band so much.
>>
>>70123180
I love how every pleb defend their shit band saying they're "fun"
Gorillaz are fun
Green Day are fun
My Chemical Romance are fun
Fall Out Boy are fun
>>
>>70126117
What's more to music than enjoying it? Isn't that the point of music? To fucking enjoy it?
I'm honestly convinced /mu/ dwellers have created this false ideology that music is suppose to always suppose to not be normal or good. Because if its Fun and you enjoy it you're a pleb.
Shut up you fucking loser, go pick up an instrument, play some tunes and enjoy music.
>>
>>70126117
Shitty commercial music marketed toward teenagers with 0 substance arent "fun"
>>
>>70126149
Holy shit. Pleb King confirmed
>>
>>70126149
That's one of the most retarded things I've read on mu
And that's quite an accomplishment considering how many brainless 18 years olds like you are here
>music is suppose to always suppose to not be normal or good
If you think anything that isnt picking five chords and signing something with a whiny voice is bad sure
>go pick up an instrument
I've been playing piano 8 years
but your definition of picking up an instrument is probably to get a guitar learn how to play californication on it in 5 minutes and newer learn something new
>>
>>70126117
gorillaz arent idiotic to the level of those other bands you listed
>>
>>70126366
Just because you're nostalgic about a cartoon doesn't mean it is at all good
>>
>>70126394
I only listened to a full record of theirs for the first time just a year ago and I refuse to put a band that ranges between ok and good next to fucking fall out boy
>>
>>70124045
Is this copypasta
>>
File: christgau4.jpg (24KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
christgau4.jpg
24KB, 300x225px
The Red Hot Chili Peppers [EMI America, 1984]

As minstrelsy goes, this is as good as it gets (and minstrelsy it had better be). The reason it doesn't quite come off as good-natured can be found in this mysterious observation from spokesperson Flea. "Kurtis Blow and Grandmaster Flash have great raps, but not the great music to go along with them." In a bassist, that's serious delusion. B-

Mother's Milk [EMI, 1989]

Punks who loved Hendrix and P-Funk, they've decided to cash in on their excellent tastes. Problem is, they didn't have the chops to pull it off before, and now that they've pushed the guitar up front, they sound even cruder. But I'm sure they're nice guys, even mention "compassion" in the first verse of the first song. C+

Blood Sugar Sex Magik [Warner Bros., 1991]

they've grown up, they've learned to write, they've earned the right to be sex mystiks ("Give It Away", "Breaking The Girl") *

One Hot Minute [Warner Bros., 1995] *bomb*
>>
Californication [Warner Bros., 1999]

New Age fuck fiends ("Scar Tissue", "Purple Stain") *

By The Way [Warner Bros., 2002]

How desperate rock scribes are for remaining bands of any commercial clout that this release was greeted with hosannas in a slow news month. This piece of let's-slow-things-down-a-little isn't too bad unless you were expecting thee funk, but it is certainly a turn or two slacker than Californication. Problem being that it's not enough just to suddenly act all mature and spiritual, you're also supposed to say something about maturity. And unless I'm mistaken, Anthony Kiedis has never had one thing to say about anything else. B-

Stadium Arcadium [Warner Bros., 2006]

The validation for the band's Grammy nomination is the old story of a double-album-should-have-been-a-single release. It says several things about them. Firstly, that they're an '80s band, their spiritual center, as such, is rooted in the agony and ecstasy of heroin and cocaine. Once a bassist's band, they're now ruled by the guitarist. At least back when the bass ruled, they enlivened this overworked dynamic with beats. Now they tax it with tunes, at least when they're on their game, such as the dead-end relationship song "Desecration Smile" and the marriage proposal "Put A Ring On It". B-
>>
Stadium Arcadium...ughh, it had so much filler.
>>
I'M A LITTLE PEA
>>
>>70126106
So by "dated", you mean your sister was one of thousands of random, anonymous groupies that Anthony fucked backstage after a show and never saw or talked to again.
>>
If only Anthony were as nice IRL as he depicts himself in his biography.
>>
I'll give these guys credit at least for growing up and not still making teenager songs in their 40s like Weezer and Green Day.
>>
"I'm forever near a stereo saying, 'What the fuck is this garbage?' And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers."

-- Nick Cave
>>
If a mod doesn't come and ban all the RHCP defenders that have creeped out of the woodwork from this board, then there's no hope for this place
>>
>>70127542
Have you read the article where you can tell Flea is quite upset because he's a huge Nick Cave fan and has all his albums? The ultimate crime of the band is that pretty much everyone likes Flea but he's decided for some reason to use his talents on such a shit band
>>
I don't get the entire John Frusciante cult. I mean, I guess he had decent rhythm chops in the Mother's Milk days.
>>
File: 1475628339725.jpg (8KB, 323x241px) Image search: [Google]
1475628339725.jpg
8KB, 323x241px
>>70124465
>Snoop Dogg attempted to calm Fuller down and convince him to surrender to no avail while high on marijuana
>>
As if you guys didn't own their CDs when you were 13.
>>
>>70123160
I think it's worthwhile to spend a lot of time deepening and refining your aesthetic appreciation, but then there's a point you arrive at where, paradoxically, you can really just free yourself to listen to whatever you want, and you realize you should let others off the hook for their tastes.
>>
>>70127579
Pretty soon we'll have people defending Pearl Jam, Green Day, Limp Bizkit, Five Finger Death Punch, Audioslave, Panic at the Disco, Creed, and other horrifying Redditcore bands. And I for one don't want /mu/ to be dragged down to that level.
>>
File: 6948117401_2b3e291e8c_b.jpg (656KB, 844x1024px) Image search: [Google]
6948117401_2b3e291e8c_b.jpg
656KB, 844x1024px
>>70127603
Yeah. Unpopular opinion here but One Hot Minute is their best album. Navarro's playing on that thing took them to another level, albeit briefly, and then they brought John "Alimony" Frusciante back in
>>
>>70127930
eets my aeroplane
>>
File: imagee.jpg (23KB, 445x331px) Image search: [Google]
imagee.jpg
23KB, 445x331px
>>70126327
Stop!
>>
>>70126327
>get a guitar learn how to play californication on it in 5 minutes and newer learn something new
If you just learned something in 5 minutes, it's new.

Are you tarded?
>>
>>70123180
ooooh, this is hard to read.
>>
>>70129689
>I don't know how to prove him wrong so instead I'll out point an irrelevant mistake he made
bravo
I bet you're proud of yourself
>>
>>70129832
>I don't know how to prove him wrong
[citation needed]
>>
>>70129853
Haha good meme
So how's highschool going?
>>
>>70129893
>I don't know how to prove him wrong so instead I'll make a non argument
bravo
I bet you're proud of yourself
>>
You are just avoiding the argument and saying stupid meme phrases fucking illiterate kid
>>
>>70129927
>>70129966
>>
>>70129966
Ooops meant to quote >>70129832 and >>70129893
>>
>>70129966
OK then

Music doesn't need to be complex to be good. It's OK that music can be fun. It all boils done to if you enjoy it or not. This anon >>70126327 did not have a counter argument against this, his rebuttal was "that's retarded!"

You should be telling him he's saying stupid meme phrases fucking illiterate kid
>>
>>70123160

80-90s RHCP are ok in my book.
>>
>>70127773
People already defend Panic at the Disco and Green Day.
>>
>>70127773

What's wrong with liking 90s Pearl Jam or Green Day?
They weren't amazing bands, but they weren't
bad either.
>>
>>70127773
Yeah you're right, /mu/ is totally above that, idolizing shitty synthpop and 'Experimental" like grimes music. No but we're above shitty rock bands from the 80s/90s
>>
>>70131077
>No but we're above shitty rock bands from the 80s/90s
You're not. They are fine.
>>
Honestly looking at this thread, it seems to me that /mu/'s just salty their "super deep" and crappy ambient music isn't a #1 chart maker like the RHCP so complain about it. They got their fame and success for a reason. It was a bumpy road but they got there.
>>
>>70127773
>pretty soon
>>
>>70131116
It's a meme here to hate popular bands because "reee normies reddit". Same happens in every board of 4chan. Most people in real life at least likes 1 Chili Peppers song, it's a pretty likeable band because they do make good music. Whoever says Frusciante and Flea aren't talented musicians are just dumb trolls 2bh
>>
>>70131167
Oh, that clears up so much. Thanks.
>>
RHCP is dank kid
>>
He did post what he found good. You read it in the post you quoted. It's that big blank spot at the bottom of the post. That's where you can read all the good things.
>>
>>70124464
But I love the Zephyr Song.
>>
>>70123629
oh yeah, here's the ambient field recordings meme
>>
They peaked in 85'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF2mq3PLjsA
>>
>>70132725
Oh yeah, and with a fucking cover.

>>70131167
You seem like you watch every single shitty Peppers video on youtube, uploaded by fruscianteworld or that cenitri fag.
>>
>>70126159
It's fun for teenagers with no taste
>>
can't speak for the rest of you, but being 9-10 years old when Californication came out, I can't even think of a better record in terms of sheer pop songwriting, universality (in that I could listen with my friends, their parents, my grandma, etc.), and a fully realized sound.

Scar Tissue, Otherside, Californication, Around the World. Just perfectly sculpted pop songs that could not have been written by anyone other than the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

I get really sick of the whole notion "they were good in the 80s-early 90s!". They wrote shitty californian funk. After 1998 they discovered how to write some of the most universal pop songs ever recorded.
>>
>>70132961
>some of the most universal pop songs ever recorded.
I literally don't know what the fuck Anthony is talking about and I've never lived in California.

So no.
> I can't even think of a better record in terms of sheer pop songwriting, universality (in that I could listen with my friends, their parents, my grandma, etc.), and a fully realized sound.
>as judged by a 9-10 year old
Sure
>>
File: *tips*.jpg (11KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
*tips*.jpg
11KB, 214x317px
Oh, gosh how can't everybody enjoy the same masterpiece as me, they are a bunch of plebs
Now, if you mind me I have to masturbate to some Brian Eno ambient music
>>
>>70133286
Those songs are still played daily.
They don't "sound like the 90s/2000s" either. They sound timeless, and did from day one.

And clearly by 'universal' I'm not referring to the lyrics. The Beatles wrote "Come Together" and I don't think anyone in England "relates to the lyrics XD".

Musically those are some of the most recognizable, and COMMERCIALLY viable songs of the modern era.

Scartissue might even be the greatest pop song of my lifetime. I can't think of a song that people from more walks of life have enjoyed. I've been to South America, Europe, Africa, etc. etc. and EVERYBODY can fuck with that. That's called universality.

I guess I can see where you're coming from if you're from California though. I'm from Vancouver, BC, and we're so deeply sorry about Nickelback.
>>
>>70133448
>Those songs are still played daily.
Not relevant
>They don't "sound like the 90s/2000s" either.
Of course they do. Why wouldn't they?
>And clearly by 'universal' I'm not referring to the lyrics
So you are ignoring half the song? That's not a correct way to view art. No wonder you have a misguided view
>Musically those are some of the most recognizable, and COMMERCIALLY viable songs of the modern era.
That's because you were 9 when you first heard it. i was 19 and had to turn that shit off
>I guess I can see where you're coming from if you're from California though
I literally just said I'm not.
>>
>>70133499
Yeah, I misread the California part.

So, you're pushing 40 on a Korean image trading board and you hate tightly crafted pop rock? Cool starry brah.

I was 9 when I heard it, so there's definitely some nostalgia factor. But I knew the Chilis before that too, and liked them. That record was so friggen huge, it was inescapable for me as a kid. Every time I turned on the TV or listened to the radio, those songs were there. Scartissue even won the Grammy for SOTY.

None of these are great talking points when posting on said Korean image trading board, but in the real world those are pretty substantial.

I still don't personally understand how those songs lead you to "turn that shit off", as they were clearly the last truly enjoyable pop rock songs to be consumed in our lifetime, but alas it's all over now anyways. We won't have songs like those ever again. Good news for you, bad news for me. But like I said, at least I still get to hear them every damn day.
>>
>>70133622
Circular logic
>>
>>70124563
but then, how do you know if it's any good?
>>
>listening to RHCP when Incubus exists
come on, Incubus and RHCP are in the same genre but Incubus is leagues better. Their vocalist isn't shit for starters.
>>
Historians have nodded... Weird al proofed that the peppers aren't even good enough to be technically satarizeed, if you wish, tryhard matttrev enough.
>>
>>70126048
>MUH FRUSCIANTE
>>
File: 1483649522731.png (294KB, 537x417px) Image search: [Google]
1483649522731.png
294KB, 537x417px
>>
huge rhcp fan, started playing bass because of flea, bla bla

my favorite albums by them are one hot minute and the uplift mofo party plan

i listened to the getaway literally once
stadium arcadium was just awful

i dislike anthony kiedys so much i pretty much stopped listening to this band altogether
>>
>>70136142
It's aldebaran, cedricchapmandemonrace666
>>
>>70136389
Aldebaran is real star in Taurus. Alderaan is a planet that got blown up in Star Wars (i.e., as a special effect on produced in a Hollywood basement).
>>
RHCP sucks
>>
>>70133499
The Californication title track definitely sounds like the late 90s. Not that that's a bad thing. It does capture the feel of Dot Com Bubble-era America perfectly.
>>
have fun listening to your noise music in your bedroom anon, I'll be listening to Californication and enjoying myself you fucking basement dweller.
>>
No 90s kid can dislike Give It Away.
>>
ding dang dong dong ding dang dong dong ding dang
>>
Mother Russia, do not suffer
I have been around the world
And I've seen your love

I think he's referencing the shittiness of '90s Russia.
>>
>>70136323
>stadium arcadium was just awful

It really just has Dani California and not much else.
>>
SA has some face-melting John guitar work, but the songwriting is strictly meh. You can tell Anthony was short on interesting stuff to sing about, the double album format not helping him.
>>
>>70124464
I just realised how close The Zephyr Song chorus is to Motorcycle Emptiness.
>>
>>70138006
Think of that album as mostly being John's farewell gift before his departure from the band.
>>
Mr Bungle was better anyway
>>
>>70131116
>>70133288

>ambient music

No, anything is better than the red hot chili memes. They're the type of music that people with no taste in anything listen too and who have no creative thought in their minds, they're painfully dull like a lukewarm shower and only as spicy as tacobell mild hotsauce packets.
>>
>people who think it's patrician to listen to Diana Ross slowed down talking shit about others' music tastes
Thread posts: 131
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.