[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: albums that you don't get the hype There's some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: horses.jpg (114KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
horses.jpg
114KB, 900x900px
ITT: albums that you don't get the hype

There's some albums that I really don't understand why is so acclaimed.
I was listening to "Horses", and... SERIOUSLY? why?
>>
File: 51+S1rUiy1L._SY355_.jpg (34KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
51+S1rUiy1L._SY355_.jpg
34KB, 355x355px
I'm listening to that shit right now, and it's already awful.
Fuck the fact that Ian hanged himself to that shit, it's shit.
>>
File: ExileMainSt.jpg (76KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ExileMainSt.jpg
76KB, 500x500px
Robert Christcuck and just about every other critic gave this album perfect scores, yet it's nothing but generic blues rock. There's literally nothing special about this album whatsoever.
>>
>>70122404
>>70122799
how many listens did you guys give these albums?
>>
>>70122445
China Girl is a great song, but other than that I'm inclined to agree. Wouldn't call it shit, but it's not that great either.

Lust for Life is way better.
>>
>>70122404
>>70122445
You have to think of the context of their releases
>>
Patti Smith is basically a female electric era Dylan.
>>
>>70122823

I've listened to Exile enough to understand how bland it is.
>>
>>70122404
literally only praised because she's a womyn
>>
>>70123084
do you like any other rootsy/blues rock type stuff? or any of the stones' other albums?
>>
>>70123139

When it comes down to RS albums, I like Out of Our Heads, Aftermath, Beggars Banquet, and Let it Bleed. I dont dislike roosty/blues rock in general but I'm not particularly an avid listener to that genre.

To me, there aren't really any standout tracks on Exile on the Mainline like in the aforementioned albums. It's not bad, but it's far from a 10/10.
>>
IAOTS
Apparently it's meme-status to shit on this record now, but when it came out /mu/ was creaming over it being GOAT. I never fucking understood it. It's absolutely mediocre at best.
>>
>>70122404
It's weird you use Horses as an example. It's one of the few albums for which I felt I immediately understood the hype after the first listen
>>
>>70122404
Well, I for one was blown away by Birdland and Land and enjoyed greatly the rest of the songs. It has all that energy, but also the playfulness of her way of singing/declaiming.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.