[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi fi headphones literally make no difference from some regular

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1475611739521.jpg (220KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1475611739521.jpg
220KB, 600x800px
Hi fi headphones literally make no difference from some regular headphones you could get for like 20 bucks. I tried out these headphones at my friend's house, I forget what they were called, they were these enormous headphones that were made of metal and wood or something, and they literally sounded exactly the same as these generic brand headphones I got at target, there's no discernible difference. It's really amazing the extent to which people delude themselves into thinking this shit actually makes the music they're listening to sound different.
>>
who cares lol
>>
>>70119985
Please tell me that's a male
>>
>>70119985
>I have shit hearing
>therefor 50 years of audio research and technological advancement doesn't exist
>>
>>70120084
Yeah cool you spent money on expensive equipment, but can you actually hear a noticeable difference?
>>
>>70120025
I got it from the femboy thread on /cm/, so it must be.
>>
>>70120588
Yes.
>>
>>70120691
Are you sure?
>>
who is she
>>
>>70121096
Yes.

Are you sure you can't hear a difference?
>>
>>70122447
You can?
>>
>>70122484
Yep.
>>
>>70122522
We'll I can't, maybe there isn't a difference.
>>
>>70119985
Lol okay dude
>>
The fact that there are hugely popular forums (made up of depressingly delusional people I might add) filled to the brim with people constantly trying to find a better DAC, amp, and set of "cans" (LOL that totally makes them sound cooler), all of which cost hundreds of dollars, tells you just how low the point of diminishing returns is with headphones, and how utterly and embarrassingly inferior they are to a proper set of speakers/monitors. Meanwhile people who listen to music the right way, through speakers, rarely go to similar websites, because it's so amazingly easy and simple to find something that blows every single headphone ever made out of the water.

Don't get me started on how ridiculous it is that these headphone listening retards think they can actually tell huge differences between the sounds of solid state DACs and amps (hint: they can't, it's in their head). And all the pretentious, meaningless words they use to describe how different headphones/dacs/amps sound

>HURR DURR JUST SPENT $200 ON THIS DAC/AMP COMBO, IT TOTALLY SOUNDS WAY LESS ROUGH AROUND THE EDGES GUYS. MIDS ARE NOT TOO FORWARD - JUST RIGHT. THINGS HAVE JUST OPENED UP AND THERE'S NOTICEABLY LESS VEIL AND GRAVELY SOUNDING TEXTURE. I LOVE HOW THE HIGHS ARE JUST A TAD GLASSIER WHILE THE BASS IS SLIGHTLY LESS DARK AND A BIT MORE AGGRESSIVE. A BIT LESS SMEARY TOO. I'M NOT JUST SAYING THIS TO MAKE MYSELF FEEL GOOD ABOUT WASTING $200 AND TO LOOK COOL IN FRONT OF MY FELLOW SNAKE OIL PURCHASERS I SWEAR."
>>
>>70122553
Well, there must be a difference because I can hear one.
>>
>>70122780
>OH YEAH FORGOT TO MENTION, BOUGHT THESE $100 RCA CABLES. I DON'T WANNA SAY THEY MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE BUT I DEFINITELY NOTICE IMPROVEMENTS IN THE SOUND AND IMAGING AND SOUND STAGE. OBVIOUSLY CABLES DON'T MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE BUT I WOULD SAY EASILY A 5-10% IMPROVEMENT, MAYBE 15%. TOTALLY WORTH IT IMO. PLEASE MAKE ME FEEL GOOD ABOUT THIS PURCHASE GUYS.
>>
>>70122780
>>70122870
Oh wow is this not pasta?

You are more pathetic than audiophiles. Who cares what other people listen to? It doesn't effect you. Grow up
>>
>>70119985
There can be a difference, though. I've tried on Skullcandies (literally $20) and the bass is horrendously muddy and boosted for some reason.

My hearing is shit and even I can notice this.
>>
>>70122908
>d-don't make me feel bad about spending over $300 on cans and a dac/amp when I know deep down spending $50 on just a pair of headphones would have sounded very similar
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.