[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate pointy headstocks so much? https://yout

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0237.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0237.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Why do people hate pointy headstocks so much?

https://youtu.be/ybxkeOEQX-U
>>
Because it makes the guitar look like a toy
>>
They're gay
>>
>>70093009
Well you do play with guitars...
>>
>>70093086
Hmm a guitar is gay? Didn't know they were capable. Good input
>>
They just look really cheap. There isn't much craftsmanship to a pointy headstock. The ones that are actually intricate look really cheesy a lot of the time.
>>
>>70093195
I think the ones with only a bridge pickup look cheap and silly but some pointy headstocks are gorgeous
>>
>>70093009
>>70093195
Probably have epiphones and squiers
>>
They look like something a 14- year old that's into Korn would buy
>>
>>70092975
because anyone who does like them is aesthetically retarded
>>
>>70093272
You mean a 7 string?
>>
>>70092975
Are my laptop speakers just not meant for music or is his guitar tone that awful?
Also that solo isn't very good.
>>
>>70093291
can confirm, I got a 7 string when I was a 14 year old (into Trivium not Korn tho)
>>
File: IMG_0238.jpg (31KB, 236x311px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0238.jpg
31KB, 236x311px
>>70093285
You wot m8?
>>
>>70093321
>green hardware
>>
I prefer having the tuning pegs on both sides
that's pretty much my only reasoning
>>
>>70093321
But Ibanez headstocks aren't pointy. They're swept back, like a delta wing.
Also that floral pattern he has on his sig is gaudy and not appealing.
>>
>>70093304
Could be an iPhone sitting on the amp that isn't loud enough to sound out the picking sound. But you're right everything about it is terrible.
>>
>>70093352
By that logic ops picture isn't pointy
>>
>>70092975
If people hated them Jackson wouldn't be a multimillion dollar company idiot. This is /mu/ everybody bashes everything
>>
>>70092975
how did I used to think this expressionless style of playing was the coolest thing you could do on guitar? dude needs to learn some blues
>>
>>70092975
Because they an un-trve faggots
>>
>>70093499
Autocorrect is also un-trve
>>
Because they're EDGY
>>
>>70093086
Only if you have 2 guitars playing by themselves
>>
>>70093406
No it clearly sticks out at an angle and its machine heads are not parallel with the neck. That's not cool.
>>
>>70093304
Well he did play it very badly, but that's the solo from Revelation Mother Earth, and it's an excellent solo
>>
File: guido-wig.jpg (88KB, 835x1000px) Image search: [Google]
guido-wig.jpg
88KB, 835x1000px
If you play a pointy guitar this is what you look like to the rest of the world.
>>
but Ibanezes are fucking epic!!
>>
I think the problem with these kind of guitars is people buy them because all they care about is metal. And then they don't do anything interesting and they became run of the mill boring guitar players.
>>
>>70093448
Blues is what I mainly play, I'm trying to advance and blues is a bit of a loop.
>>
>>70092975
they are the guitar's equivalent of stuff for "gamerz," and a lot of people think it looks dumb, especially old fart that listen to phish and shit
personally, i think it looks cool in a way, but they have a point
>>70093798
posting a picture of a twisted fucking psychopath would have made sense
guidos don't play guitar
>>
>>70092975
Because they aren't dad rock verified
>>
>>70093962
LOL forward and back
>>
>>70093962
>they have a point
No shit, that's why they're called pointy guitars
>>
>>70094149
i'm really surprised i didn't see that one coming
>>
File: charvel-headstock.jpg (53KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
charvel-headstock.jpg
53KB, 800x533px
I have a Charvel, I could take the pointy headstock or leave it, but at least it isn't a shitty fender fake scroll.

the guitar plays super well, has a nice neck, action, and tone
>>
>>70094734
See, that's more like a rhombus though...
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.