[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>look at bandcamp artist >artist bio is something like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: eeeeeeeee.png (181KB, 274x296px) Image search: [Google]
eeeeeeeee.png
181KB, 274x296px
>look at bandcamp artist
>artist bio is something like 'lmao i hate myself my music is shit go away' in all lowercase
>album covers are all blurry pictures of furniture with text
>album titles and song titles are all long as fuck and are all in lowercase
>album is just poorly recorded acoustic guitar strumming fed through an overdrive filter paired with midi piano
>no songs over 3 minutes
>no albums over 15 minutes

why do people do this?
>>
To be edgy
>>
Well to be fair they did say their music was shit and you should go away, so you only have yourself to blame
>>
this sounds like surrenderdorothy
>>
aesthetic.
for themselves.
for other people to think they're cool.
tons of reasons depends on the person
>>
File: jk.png (378KB, 351x420px) Image search: [Google]
jk.png
378KB, 351x420px
>cassette only releases
>"unique" covers
>limited edition
>>
>>70091832
fucking kek
>>
>>70091777
>>70091777
because they're tumblr retards who feel the need to act as cool and detached and le aesthetic as possible
>>
as soon as i see all lowercase i click the fuck away
>>
It's a defense mechanism. If they don't put in effort they don't have to own up to their mediocrity.
>>
You're all missing the point. They purposely set the bar so low that they can maximize positive feedback. By acting like they're not even trying, they get a lot of comments like "omg you're actually really talented and better than every popular artist, i bet if you worked at it you could be super famous one day."

In fact, they ARE actually trying their best. They're NOT talented They know it's shit with no room for improvement, but act like it's just a side thing to cover it up.

In short, crippling insecurity, no talent, and a desperate need for internet strangers' approval. Pic related.
>>
>>70092138
projecting
some people are perfectly able to admit they suck without hoping for someone to disagree
>>
>>70092138
not quite
>>70092132
this
>>
File: 1481147251202.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1481147251202.png
55KB, 217x190px
>>70091832
>buy psychic death hole on cassette for $5
>can sell it for over $100 now because it's never been played

bandcamp cassettes are tight as hell as long as the music is actually good
>>
they probably think it's cool or something
>>
self-deprecation is the most autistic theme amongst edgy teens
>>
eh i do it so i can confirm that i'm a forgettable POS and so i can download my own music grouped into albums.

although i only actually fit the first and third thing on the list, and my titles aren't even all that long

but yeah it's because i know i suck
>>
prepare 2 b triggered

https://expandingsponge.bandcamp.com/music
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.