[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

well hardstyle was the last thing I expected from a björk-a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

well hardstyle was the last thing I expected from a björk-album. what in the world were they thinking?

2:20 https://youtu.be/ZM80F_J-QHE
>>
>>70091100
They were thinking 'Let's make Bjork's second (3rd maybe) best album'.
>>
>>70091131
I've listened to debut, post, vespertine (best imo) and vulnicura, only now checked out biophilia out and that song caught me so offguard. it's nothing like she's released before - or what I've heard of her material, it's so bizarre
>>
>>70091423
Wait till you get to Medulla, buddy. That album is weird as shit.

Also, why did you skip Homogenic?
>>
>>70091445
oh I haven't skipped anything consciously and don't go through discographies choronologically, just pick a random album every once in a while. that being said I should listen through homogenic soon since the concept behind it sounds cool
>>
>>70091529
Oh yeah it's an amazing album.

Also for the other albums.
Medulla is an acapella album so if you're not fond of acapella you might not like it that much (though to be fair there are some great tracks)

Volta is underrated as hell. Two of the songs on it were duets with Antony Hegarty (whom I became A big fan of) and they're amazing. A lot of tribal stuff throughout the album.
>>
>>70091570
yeah volta's the one album I never see discussed anywhere. oh and I have nothing against acapella-music and I believe björk could pull a great acapella-album with her vocal range
>>
>>70091686
Well just keep in mind some of the compositions are strange...and it's not just HER doing the vocals.

But still, when you get to it interested to hear what you think.
>>
>>70091445
>pop songs on medulla
pleasure is all mine
where is the line
who is it
oceania
mouth's cradle
triumph of a heart

>pop songs on biophilia
crystalline
cosmogony
virus

??????????
>>
>>70091718
gotcha. I need to sleep for a bit but I'll listen through the rest of her discography just for the hell of it once I wake up. I doubt this thread will be alive anymore by the time I'm done though, but thanks for the brief introducting anyway!
>>
>>70091874
Where is the Line barely counts, if at all.
Biophilia doesn't have tracks like Submarine and Ancestors.
It's not about the amount of "pop" tracks it's about how strange the strange tracks are.

And electronic/drum and bass style songs aren't that strange.
>>
>>70091906
No problem man hope you enjoy it. :)

If this thread dies I happily await the next thread.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.