[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /Mu/ I want to know if anyone could give me advice on starting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Sup /Mu/ I want to know if anyone could give me advice on starting a studio album and what things I should do so go about such a thing.
>>
>>70087461
you need a couple of things:

>instrument
I like guitar personally but it can also be piano or banjo. NOT DRUMS. Drums have their place and purpose, but studio albums is not it. If you are desperate for some rhythmical content just use your imagination and record yourself banging on some stuff with HB pencils. They must be HB by the way. Speaking of recording:

>microphone
Get yourself one of those fancy laptops with built-in microhopnes and you're good to go. Just point it at whatever you want to record and it will record it! NEAT, aye? I like them.

>recording software
I personally reccommend Audacity because it's really easy to use and has a lot of useful plugins, including equaliser and built-in karaoke so you can karaokeise your own songs! Great stuff. It can also record in layers so you can record yourself singing, playing and banging the table and not have to do it at the same time, but later artificially make it sound like you did play them at the same time. Alternatively get a band so you can play in unison (that means together), you will have less work...

>mixing
You will have to adjust the volume and timbre of your recordings so that they sound good when played against each other. I reccommend trying to mix so that the output volume is close to +6dB (for that added OOMPH, you know). Don't be afraid of digital distortion, overdriven music due to excessive gain sounds moist af. Also - bandpass filter (a filter which only puts through sounds betweeen certain frequencies) used to cut out everything from 0 Hz (A STANDING SOUND WAVE, VERY DANGEROUS TO LISTENING EQUIPMENT, WATCH OUT FOR IT!) to 4kHz and then from 6kHz to infinity.

>bandcamp
you will need to publish your work. Bandcamp is nice for that. You can also try putting your music online.

hope you will find it useful. :)
>>
>>70087461
What are you making?
>>
>>70087740
Thanks I really appreciate it.
You also wouldn't happen to know how to sample music would you?

>>70087972
And I'm trying to start a rap album with some rock aspects. I've been using my guitar over some popular beats, and in my opinion they sound alot better.
>>
>>70087740
>>recording softwareI personally reccommend Audacity because it's really easy to use and has a lot of useful plugins, including equaliser and built-in karaoke so you can karaokeise your own songs! Great stuff. It can also record in layers so you can record yourself singing, playing and banging the table and not have to do it at the same time, but later artificially make it sound like you did play them at the same time. Alternatively get a band so you can play in unison (that means together), you will have less work...

don't use PC software

>>70087740
>>bandcampyou will need to publish your work. Bandcamp is nice
don't use bandcamp
>>
>>70088736
Explain why
>>
File: br_1200cd_top_gal.jpg (318KB, 1426x1050px) Image search: [Google]
br_1200cd_top_gal.jpg
318KB, 1426x1050px
>>70088765
the amount of misery and feeble result Anon will get from PC recording if they had bought a portable recorder in the first place it'd cost the same and they'd already be a step ahead of people like you
>>
>>70088898
>people like you
depending on who you was. . .
>>
>>70088898
I'm OP you clown but I get what you're saying.

Any portable recommendations?
>>
>>70089405
good question, looking at digital 8 tracks, they're even cheaper than bloody licence for Cubase or fruity loops or what have you

and then there's the whole " you could get a cassette 4 track and now you're getting interesting.

or even...book a studio session!

forget pc, I know some people have but, I wouldn't bother, do it right first time.
>>
>>70089816
I've done studio sessions before.
I just want to get a little something together before I take the next step
>>
>>70090042
btw, I'm this poster:
>>70087740
that was supposed to be ironic so don' listen to that shite.
>>
>>70090084
I figured as much.
>>
File: jl1tjh9mcs0q1lj0.jpg (32KB, 454x693px) Image search: [Google]
jl1tjh9mcs0q1lj0.jpg
32KB, 454x693px
>>70090084
what?

it kind of depends dunnit. I don't like PC recording, it's fiddly, I hate leaning over a PC, crap environment , not really designed for it, need a fast pc which is like, you know, they get slow in weeks.

you can record on an iPhone and it's good as a sketch book of ideas. Me personally, I write out the music, and keep it. ummm. I think if I was serious I'd build a recording room, for messing about, with the easiest home recorder on the market. Then save big dollars to go somewhere pro but! problem is then you've other people to deal with

Really, you want your label to put in their clout to sort it out really
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.