[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying hard but I can't like this /mu/. What should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: S70103-13553547.jpg (129KB, 1000x1043px) Image search: [Google]
S70103-13553547.jpg
129KB, 1000x1043px
I'm trying hard but I can't like this /mu/.
What should be so good about this?
>>
le loud
>>
listen to it again after you've been in love with someone
>>
Don't force it, just give it another listen every now and then. It will click eventually

>>70081789
>>70081784
These help too
>>
Maybe you just don't like it??
>>
>>70081766
honestly dude just don't be a faggot
it's good
>>
You dont have to enjoy something to admit its great
>>
>>70081766
What music do you like? Loveless is just a tad noisy pop.
>>
>>70082249
Loveless isn't "just" anything bro. Loveless is Loveless and if you don't respect that I'll pound you!
>>
why try hard to like something you dont? to fit in? lame.
>>
>>70082334
This.
>>
a great number of people rightfully think this sucks (it is really really boring from an instrumental and musical element stand point). it should be your first sign to stop listening to music critics, they are full of shit. That said I don't really have any gripes if someone does think its a revolutionary album or w/e, just their opinion.
>>
>>70082402
completely disagree that its "really really boring from an instrumental and musical element stand point." .... what a load of shit.
>>
>>70081766
wear headphones
>>
>>70082439
I'm talking more strictly about notes and chords...as in the use of effects and production techniques being completely discounted.
>>
File: SpectrumLowHeights.jpg (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
SpectrumLowHeights.jpg
1MB, 1366x768px
>>70081766

It is an aquired taste. The only good song in that album is Sometimes, which, is the most beautiful creation not only from the band but from the whole genre. It is a pity that in 25 years not a single shoegaze band has been capable of creating a new milestone for the genre.
>>
>>70082457
yeah so am i. have you ever tried to play these songs (properly)? have you seen these songs live?
what debbie does alone with the bass is super interesting. the use of melody is top shelf.
but i guess its not instrument pyro-technics so its boring.
>>
>>70081766
Loveless is shit. Listen to Souvlaki
>>
>>70082531
slowdive is for pussies.
>>
>>70082500
They're very repetitive, the structure is boring, complexity is intentionally hidden with the production style (pricely why Eno calls it "vague") and guess what man, SOME PEOPLE, don't like that. Sue me. I want to hear stuff with melodies that are clear and counterpoint and complex transitions and stuff like that. I said my very first post I don't have any gripes with people who do like it, but that's not enough is it? I have to say its good even though to me its bad. lmao.
>>
>>70082233
this

I don't think loveless is great though
>>
>>70082565
nope just said i disagreed with you, and thats cool. diff opinions make the world go 'round.
i want to hear clear melodies and complex structures too, and i can listen to many many bands who do that. when i dont want that, theres mbv.
>>
Kevin Shields basically makes the guitar his bitch for an entire album, that's what. Dude has a knack for shaping and molding sound into precisely what he wants it to be like it's fucking clay and it's neato nifty. That said, it's still a fuzzed out guitar pop album at its core so it's less something to listen to for the compositions outright and more something for the textural/timbral fuckery.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.