[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>play album >its just metal bowls farting at me does /mu/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: confield.jpg (38KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
confield.jpg
38KB, 480x480px
>play album
>its just metal bowls farting at me
does /mu/ really like this shit?
>>
>>70075636
b-but t-the uncommon time signatures!!!!
>>
>>70075636
But...think about it.

>metal bowls are non-living things they can't fart
>Autechre made this non-living thing that logically can't do a thing like farting, fart

A Christian apologist once explained to me that God can't operate outside of logic. So for example he can't make a "squared circle" (not WWE stuff but like that term defining an illogical shape). Thus he certainly can't make metal bowls fart. Yet Autechre have managed to make metal bowls fart. They have managed to go above and beyond God itself.
>>
ya but I don't think anyone ever implied it was some sort of universal pop music that appealed to everyone lol
>>
File: 1482479964984.jpg (52KB, 550x548px) Image search: [Google]
1482479964984.jpg
52KB, 550x548px
>>70075772
Really makes you think
>>
People who listen to it listen to it ironically
>>
File: ....gif (911KB, 171x141px) Image search: [Google]
....gif
911KB, 171x141px
>>70075772
damn
>>
>>70075892
I don't
>>
>>70075892
You're thinking of Swans m8
>>
its the sound of our infinite nature collapsing into parallel realms beyond a succinct understanding of what it means to be human in an increasingly fugue state under the guise of obsoletion
>>
its sean and rob caning some fuckin gear after sinking back a few pints, innit bruv
>>
>>70075636
Sim Gishel makes me feel like I've been abducted by the Sentinels from the Matrix and I am trapped in some near incomprehensible robot prison.
pretty sick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TDQ1cmVrw4
>>
Are the constant time shifts intentional and written out, or is there an improvisational element? Or do the rhythms have a random pattern that is computer assisted?
>>
>>70075697
Pretty much all of the beat-y tracks are in 4/4 tho - in fact, most of Autechre's catalogue is. They have like 10 tracks with an uncommon time signature, they just use loads of syncopated beats and "swung" notes.
>>
It's the complete abandonment of the genre's conventional rhythmic and melodic ideas in favor of pure sound design
and it fucking bangs

>>70076085
Who knows? That's what makes it so fun.
>>
best most contemporary music
everyone else is years behind
autechre are the best musicians working today
>>
Autechre production is boring desu

this is infinitely better to listening to

https://youtu.be/OSEH9C9tBfE?t=47s
>>
>>70076047
Damn this song is awesome but I'm getting this weird tinge of sadness from knowing I'll never be able to really share my enjoyment of this with someone irl.
>>
File: 1463611252869.png (77KB, 160x218px) Image search: [Google]
1463611252869.png
77KB, 160x218px
>>70075697
>ae
>uncommon time signatures

it's just hip-hop innit?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.