[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How bad is 808s, really? I've never listened to it. I listened

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 808s.jpg (4KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
808s.jpg
4KB, 225x224px
How bad is 808s, really?

I've never listened to it. I listened to early Kanye as a kid, took a break in high school, then MBDTF came out when I was in college and I've started listening to him some again.

I hate Graduation for the most part, but otherwise enjoy Kanye...but I've never heard 808s. What's it like? I don't want to just listen to it after this long of not. I want to talk about it. I'm ready to try it tonight.
>>
I think it's a really terrible and dated album
>>
>>70073816
It's a pretty good album honestly. I think it is a more interesting listen than his work before that. There are only a few standout tracks but as an album it really works. Probably my second favorite of his albums or tied with College Dropout (MBDTF is #1)
>>
>>70073816
it's kanye's best album by far and marks the point at which he transitioned from meme status to truly avant-garde
>>
Listen to it and find out
>>
>>70073816
>I hate Graduation

stop listening to kanye
>>
>>70073816

808s isn't at all a bad album, I'd wager anyone who says it is most likely was just told that it was his worst album and assumed it was terrible.

It's a very sincere and cold album; still better than TLoP.
>>
>>70075099
I'm not OP but Graduation is his worst album.
>>
>>70073816

coldest winter is an amazing track
>>
College Dropout, 808s, and MBDTF all shuffle around being his best album for me desu

808s is fairly distinct from his other stuff but if you listen to it you'll pretty quickly hear how heavily its influenced the sound of popular rap since then
>>
>>70075999
People always write off Graduation because it is shallow and pop-oriented, but these things don't necessarily hold it back

It has tons of quotable lyrics, some of his finest production and amazing sample choices, for those reasons it is my second favorite album by him after mbdtf
>>
808s is an autotune mess of an album

not inspirational or different or new really

some weak tracks with weak lyrics
>>
>>70073816
I think it's good, but not really comparable to his other work. Kind of an interesting detour in his career.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.