[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did this become the mainstream vaporwave album? It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 420.jpg (31KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
420.jpg
31KB, 316x316px
How did this become the mainstream vaporwave album?

It's not even good.
>>
>>70072907
There are people who have only listened to that one track.
>>
>>70072907
>It's not even good.
well, yeah, it's vaporwave
>>
>>70072981
OP only listened to that one track
>>
File: hitler_over_a_cloud.jpg (104KB, 600x752px) Image search: [Google]
hitler_over_a_cloud.jpg
104KB, 600x752px
>vaporwave

What is this, 2011?
>>
Is it vaporware or vaporwave?
>>
>>70073702
Vaporware is software or hardware promised by a company that never arrives

It's the term "Vaporwave" is a play on
>>
>>70072907
i think it's great, it's rearrangements are great, it's actually very simiilar to mathrock in that way
>>
>>70072907
I think is great.

It's odd that some people say vapor is dead. There still lot of music with vapor feel being produced. I get what they say, "it goes against the very concept of vaporwave," but it becomes absurd when one and another are virtually the same.
>>
>>70074070
it's not dead
technically it's more alive than ever because it's gaining in popularity
>>
>>70073053
This
>>
>>70072907
The Macintosh Plus was the only redeeming factor.

>>70073053
This, some is okay though.
>>
>>70072907
i dont know but my older brother listens to it just now and acts all fresh now and wouldnt believe me when i said i used to listen to it back in 2012
>>
can we all agree that the title track and math are the best songs on here
>>
Haha i realize that the tranny cribbed that bust from the wikipeds

Isn't that just theft haha
>>
because dat aesthetic

ie: its not about the depth or content of the music its about the style appropriation, the millennials are all appropriation zero original ideas
>>
>>70072907
I literally still don't know what this album is and have never bothered to figure out
>>
>>70072907
The first song is like being on Quaalude, i like the 2nd too. Also its the FIRST vaporwave album
>>
>>70076908
>ITS ALL IN YOUR HEAD
its basically plunderphonic psych music with an 80s aesthetic
>>
>>70077029
no eccojams and james ferraro came before it
>>
>>70077067
thats chillwave bruh
>>
File: 1024x1024.jpg (425KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1024x1024.jpg
425KB, 1024x1024px
>>70072907
>thinks something has to be good to be popular.
>>
>>70077423
Probably hasn't heard of Apple or Linux.
>>
>>70072907
probably due to aesthetic becoming more accessible in a more post ironic sense
>>
>>70077796
I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or not. Apple is popular and makes trash hardware and pretty though restrictive software, and Linux is also ridiculously popular, or rather the Linux Kernel is, though it's not as prominent in popular culture.

Also, I'm a software engineer, so.
>>
>>70077986
I was agreeing with your point that something doesn't have to be good to be popular.

Apple certainly makes a lot of money off of hipsters who enjoy their (now, at least) shitty hardware and software.

Personally, I've had nothing but trouble with Linux and thus I consider it to be in the gray area in this.
>>
>>70077118
Eccojams is probably the "purest" vaporwave album ever, what are you on. Also Eccojams was probably the first vaporwave album but some earlier stuff by Ferraro like Clear and Last American Hero were awfully close to vaporwave
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.