[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Soulja Boy's references to the book inspired me to read

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: ulysses_430.jpg (26KB, 430x323px) Image search: [Google]
ulysses_430.jpg
26KB, 430x323px
>Soulja Boy's references to the book inspired me to read James Joyce's Ulysses
>mfw people say rap is dumb but it inspired me to read great literature

What books have you read as a result of listening to music?
>>
Sometimes people write novels and they just be so wordy and so self-absorbed. I am not a fan of books. I would never want a book’s autograph. I am a proud non-reader of books.
>>
Retards Attempting Poetry
>>
>>70037849
I can't believe this is a real Kanye quote, but Snopes confirms it

It's even funnier that Kanye is accusing other people of being self absorbed
>>
recently read Lunar Park because of Porcupine Tree. pretty good actually
>>
>>70037870
He's right though. Books are an outdated form of media that only exists because old people are afraid of losing their last piece of medieval technology.
>>
File: neuromancer.jpg (73KB, 431x648px) Image search: [Google]
neuromancer.jpg
73KB, 431x648px
I read it because of the references in Lil Ugly Mane

What, you didn't know Lil Ugly Mane is obsessed with the Sprawl trilogy? He has a song called Mona Lisa Overdrive.

>I revel in the infamy, Count made the symphony - Ugly Mane on Wishmaster
>>
>>70037816
When did Soulja Boy reference Ulysses?
>>
>>70038115
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Crank%20That%20Ulysses
>>
>>70037890
t 14 yr old whos relly matuer for his age
>>
>>70037870
Don't forget our president-elect is also a proud "non-reader"
>>
>>70037816
Ulysses is garbage, read Finnegan's Wake instead.
Also, if you need a shitty radio single to tell you about the most acclaimed novel ever written then there's probably little hope of you ever amounting to anything.
>>
>>70037890
Or, you know, maybe people just like to read books.

How many le vinyls do you own?
>>
>>70037981
I really tried to like that book but I thought it was awful. Still love Lyle Ugleman tho.
>>
ITAOTS inspired me to read Anne Frank's diary.
>>
File: retardednigashit.png (25KB, 1248x139px) Image search: [Google]
retardednigashit.png
25KB, 1248x139px
Rap is dumb

https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S70019143

Yesterday I finally got /mu/ to admit that rap is dumb
>I must accept that rap lyrics are retarded nigga shit, because they are more interested in how the sound of the words interact with each other.

does the way the words sound with each other excuse the fact that rap, in /mu/'s own words, is "retarded nigga shit"?
>>
>>70037816
>reading
lmao
>>
>>70039512
>Ulysses is garbage, read Finnegan's Wake instead.

That's Jr. high tier trash. More like Finnegan's Piece of Cake, I read that book on the shitter.
>>
File: 9457212.jpg (76KB, 318x426px) Image search: [Google]
9457212.jpg
76KB, 318x426px
>>
>>70039622
I've never read it, what do you hate about it? I've heard good things about it, but I feel like a lot of that type of sci-fi tends to age badly.
>>
Not exactly related, but I did watch the movie Misery after Kanye referenced it in his song Robocop (I had already seen the movie Robocop).
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.