[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do normies hate punk? Whenever I listen to music with friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Big_in_japan_YZ.jpg (36KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
Big_in_japan_YZ.jpg
36KB, 400x399px
Why do normies hate punk? Whenever I listen to music with friends or at parties I can never play punk because to them it is "unlistenable".
>>
because it's musically abrasive or the lyrics are too self-important and played out for well-adjusted person to enjoy
>>
>>70024216
Are you saying I'm not well-adjusted?
>>
File: ob_a0f90d_kazungu.jpg (67KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ob_a0f90d_kazungu.jpg
67KB, 1024x1024px
>>70024251
>calling people normies unironically
>>
Because there is no good punk
>>
File: stop.png (230KB, 300x297px) Image search: [Google]
stop.png
230KB, 300x297px
>>70024309
It was tongue-in-cheek. What I really mean is people with "normal" and unoffensive taste in media because they don't bother to explore it further because they only need to meet a base level of enjoyment that is similar to that of their peers.

They don't "get in" to music. It's just something they do every once in a while or with friends. That is a "normie". People who do things just to fit in, not for personal exploration or enjoyment,
>>
>>70024374
ok lol

I mean you being insecure enough about being well-adjusted to ask if you're well-adjusted is probably enough evidence that you are in fact well-adjusted or some shit

aren't punk fans supposed to not give a fuck about stuff like that

also punk is so broad - maybe you're not playing stuff that fits the scene/mood
>>
>>70024374
What a pretentious nerd you are
>>
>>70024484
To truly appreciate any form of art, you need to be a least a little pretentious. I hate you "LOL JUST ENJOY IT LMAOOO DONT THINK ABOUT ANYTHING XDDDD" faggots.
>>
>>70024529
it's more about how you carry your opinion

>>70024462
answer my post - what are you even playing in the first place? You can't expect people to enjoy shit if it's incongruent with the setting
>>
find better friends. the more abrasive punk i play for my friends, the more likely they'll like it
>>
Because it's not enjoyable to listen to.
>>
>>70024604
Stuff like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU-aU-B6G_w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNnkptQoxs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsNgxA-VvCM
>>
It all sounds the same. I have no ideas why punk fans keep rehashing the same old shit.
>>
>>70024685
Try showing them entry level punk and then slowly transitioning into normal/more obscure punk.

That being said I know nothing about punk so if this stuff is entry level, then you're out of luck I guess. Even so I enjoyed the second and third songs, maybe I'll look up some more stuff later.
>>
>>70024685
lol these are dope but I mean are you really wondering why they aren't into this stuff right off the bat

play some fucking jeff rosenstock or PUP or something
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.