[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could somebody help me? I've got a Tascam US-144 MIDI controller

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: US-144_right3qtr[1].jpg (66KB, 640x555px) Image search: [Google]
US-144_right3qtr[1].jpg
66KB, 640x555px
Could somebody help me? I've got a Tascam US-144 MIDI controller that I bought, I've got a Casio keyboard as well.

So I have MIDI out on my keyboard plugged into MIDI IN on my controller, and vice versa
When I press a key on my keyboard, the MIDI IN light flashes, indicating that it is indeed getting a signal.

However when I try and use it with synthesia, it doesn't show up or recognize it. Also in my sound options under recording and playback, the bars dont light up or nothing.

Does anyone know wat do I've been looking forever but cant find nothing.
>>
>>70022539
I don't know but I would make sure you have the latest drivers for your Tascam. If you can't get synthesia to recognize the midi device without the keyboard you won't be able to use the keyboard. But I don't use that program so idk.
>>
Hate to troubleshoot you the basics but have you tried installing the drivers? (http://tascam.com/product/us-144/downloads/) I would even think your OS (especially with Windows) would probably have some sort of default drivers at least.

Have you tried plugging anything in the audio inputs and checked the sound options? Even just an instrument cable and tapping the other end of it (with the volume set up higher) should have it light up). MIDI doesn't exactly make sound waves.

Dumb question, but is your Casio keyboard connected to the interface with MIDI cables or is it plugged into the PC via USB? Another dumb question is, are your MIDI cables connected IN->OUT and OUT->IN (even if it isn't Synthesia should at least detect the interface)?

There's >>>/mu/prod ( /prod/) that might help with this and a program called MidiOX that may help with some diagnosis for the MIDI issues.
>>
>>70022835
Yeah I got the drivers and everything, The light on my device that says "midi in" lights up, so it is getting a signal. But I can't hear it.

Pics a screenshot of more info maybe
>>
>>70023009
Does synthesia have a midi device section under options or preferences?

I know when I use Reaper or Ableton i have to enable my midi keyboard in the preferences before the program will receive midi from it.
>>
File: ox.jpg (51KB, 950x387px) Image search: [Google]
ox.jpg
51KB, 950x387px
>>70022539
use midiOX probably your midi signal its close
>>
>>70022835
Also it's plugged into the tascam controller from the OP and yes it's In>out and out>in
>>
>>70023070
Can't say I've used that before
>>
OP still here tryna figure this out
Could the problem just be a broken controller?
>>
>>70023276
Yea, your interface should be popping up in the MIDI inputs box.
>>
>>70023713
I can't quite figure out why not. The connection seems okay to the box, but my computer doesn't recognize or pick it up.

Am I just missing some sort of cord? I just got midi in and out going from the keyboard to the box, then a usb from the box to the pc
>>
>>70023820
It shouldn't be a cord issue if your audio interface can be picked up in the "Recording Devices" part of the sound options (you wouldn't happen to have a screenshot of this?). Unless the MIDI portion is fried or something. Pardon the amateur advice.
>>
>>70023969
is this what you mean?

the tascom devices are my midi in and outs i guess but no signal if I play any notes.
>>
>>70024038
MIDI isn't a sound wave so it isn't going to give a "signal" on the recording input. It is odd that it didn't show up on MIDI-OX but it recognizes the audio input/output. It is a shot in the dark, but have you tried playing anything (like an mp3) using the interface as your default audio output device?

I've looked at the documentaion here (http://tascam.com/content/downloads/products/313/e_us-122l_144_rn_vh.pdf) and there is an option to update the firmware but that could be a bit risky maneuver if you don't know what you are doing. Judging by your screenshots you are using Windows 7? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit? The right drivers were for the right architecture(?)(32-bit or 64-bit) correct?
>>
Oh and see if your Casio keyboard has the MIDI turned on (It may be an option/function called "Local"). I doubt it but maybe the MIDI interface won't turn on if there is no signal going through it.
>>
http://www.synthesiagame.com/keyboards/Help/desktop/midi

seems like it might only work with some proprietary emu cable.
>>
>>70024268
videos and mp3's dont play any sound and stop playback before the 1 second mark

drivers were for 64 bit and i got a 64 bit OS so that should be okay.

Tried a couple things, Re-installed the drivers, rebooted and such

The playback speakers on the sound settings for tascom device has a wavelength and a signal, but I can't hear anything, tthe midi out light isnt lighting up either on the controller.

Also I noticed that the sound options dont show the playback / recording devices for TASCOM when I reinstalled the drivers, when I unplugged the USB, it made the sound of unplugging a USB, but when I plugged it back in, it didnt make a sound as if I plugged something in, The devices showed up in the sound options, and when i unplug it now, doesnt give a sound that its been unplugged.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.