[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it supposed to be a bad thing that SMiLE was never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: smile.png (680KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
smile.png
680KB, 660x440px
Why is it supposed to be a bad thing that SMiLE was never released as intended?
>>
Because that album would be better than all of those albums combined.
>>
It may have changed the course of popular music in general, like Sgt. Pepper did.
>>
Because it would have been the GOAT.
>>
is bottom far left as dark as the cover suggests ?
>>
>>70020660
No it wouldn't be. It would lack the diversity of all these albums. Plus, would we have ever found out that Carl and Dennis were good songwriters as well, had it been released?

>>70020686
There's no way it would have lived up to the insane amount of hype it had. It would end up being a flop anyway, the only difference is it would be an orchestrated flop, opposed to the lo-fi flop that was Smiley Smile.

Also I think Mike's adherence to the formula is way overstated.
>>
>>70020803
I meant the other left btw
>>
>>70020829
i didn't feel like surf's up was all that dark
that said, it's also their attempt to be more "socially conscious"
>>
>>70020803
It's actualy a happy enough album, but there is a song about trees that is really sad
>>
>>70020803
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46IQu0yuJzU
>>
>>70020814
Why the fuck have you been shilling this album to critical levels in the recent weeks? Smiley Smile is not that fucking good and it's not necessarily talked about much for a good reason.
>>
>>70021485
I haven't been posting about it that much, I swear. But I just love that minimal production on it a lot more than I love the wall of sound style. But this thread isn't just about Smiley Smile, there are 6 albums in the OP.
>>
>>70021594
And you're saying they're all better than Smile would have been had it released?

That's an absolute crock of shit.
>>
>>70021632
I'm not saying that they're all better, I'm saying that combined, they are a better body of work. The band becoming more democratic was good for their creativity. Would we have had any of these Carl or Dennis songs had Smile been released as planned, or would Brian have continued to be the only creative force in the band?
>>
>>70021728
Could we not say that perhaps Carl and Dennis hearing the compositions their brother had made was more inspirational and thus lead them to want to write more? I don't think the failure of SMiLE necessarily lead to more creative outlets. If anything, it gave them more to work with and build upon. Most of these albums contain songs from the original SMiLE re-done or completely rearranged. If anything, SMiLE wouldn't have hindered them it probably helped them grow and would have continued to even if it had been released.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.