[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So much better than Relationship Of Command. The mid-tempo/s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

So much better than Relationship Of Command. The mid-tempo/slow songs here are actually epic, unlike ROC's which suck out all of the momentum from the other tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kYaEN06UYM
>>
>>70017628
i like both 2bh famalam

why not just talk about how gd dis album is? why trash atdi?
>>
File: 1482593312090.png (195KB, 706x630px) Image search: [Google]
1482593312090.png
195KB, 706x630px
both are great albums, i don't know what you're complaining about
>>
>>70017628
why are the two in direct competition with each other in your mind? the connections between those albums are incredibly tenuous. they sound absolutely nothing alike.
>>
>>70017646
>>70017676
He's trying really hard to make this album a "meme" and has been for a few weeks now or more
>>
>>70017676
>the connections between those albums are incredibly tenuous. they sound absolutely nothing alike.

woah hold the fuck up m8, this is bullshit
>>
>>70017646

I hadn't listened to ROC in a long time, and I was surprised on the relisten to how disposable the slower tracks are on that album.

There is nothing disposable on YC other than the instrumental track "New Intro" which sounds like a Tweez b-side.
>>
File: bixler.png (53KB, 601x306px) Image search: [Google]
bixler.png
53KB, 601x306px
>>70017676

Really makes you think...
>>
File: cedric.png (79KB, 611x499px) Image search: [Google]
cedric.png
79KB, 611x499px
>>70017676

really, really, makes you think.
>>
pacifies yeah it pacifies!!
>>
>>70017664

That's pretty funny, who created that?
>>
Yank Crime and Relationship of Command are both perfect. Spiderland is what is overrated and inferior.
>>
>>70017628
Not bad. The songs aren't as immediate as ROC. But its solid. Can definitely hear the influence on ATDI.
>>
how the fuck are you assholes letting this album be slid? no one ever posts this /mu/core masterpiece. all the other memecore albums are inferior to this.
>>
>>70017628
What's this numetal shit you're trying to push OP?
>>
>>70021299
Dubs NEVER lie.
>>
Why isnt this another 21 Pilots thread? They're soo much better and worthy of memes.
>>
>>70020965
this shit is super old dude drive like jehu is oldcore
>>
>>70021934

Yeah but Bri-Wi is /mu/core, not oldcore and no one talks about anything he's released in 40 years unless it is the completed Smile, so why is Bri-Wi not?

And add Spiderland, Loveless, Lonesome Crowded West to that list. Yank Crime is easily good as those albums.
>>
>>70017862
>slower tracks

what are you talking about? when does ROC ever lose its steam?
>>
>>70018311
me :^)
>>
>>70020965

post hardcore is pretty much a dead genre and there isn't anything to discuss
>>
>>70022632

Invalid Litter Dept., Quarantined, Non-Zero Possibility
>>
>>70022727

all those songs are awesome you're fucked in the head
>>
>>70017628
Stop trying to make this good album a meme you fuckin faggot
>>
>>70022685
basically this. its been done to death and this album hit the nail on the head in the 90's
>>
>>70022727
ILD. is one of the best tracks, the atmosphere and build up is fantastic.
>>
>>70022685

You can still discuss the late 80s-very early 00s. I dont know why the top 40 pop/screamo/metal hybrids of today were allowed to commandeer that genre title when they sound nothing like fugazi, slint, DLJ, etc.
>>
>>70022780

Invalid Litter Dept

I liked that song better when it was this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm_R5u0DHec
and it actually had a chorus with a strong (not annoying) melody.
>>
>>70022651

T&EAS Great Job!
>>
>>70022826

because all of the good bands in that genre became washed up and old and all work in warehouses now, so they don't care that the neukids took their title.
>>
File: fake train.jpg (42KB, 804x802px) Image search: [Google]
fake train.jpg
42KB, 804x802px
>>70017664
*three great albums
>>
>>70023227

Is that one actually good? the production turned me off after the first couple of songs. I like Repetition and Challenge For A Civilized Society.
>>
>>70022887
Thank you for introducing me to them, why is this band never talked about here?
>>
>>70023518

Their first album Icky Mettle is /mu/core. Vee Vee is by far my fav. All The Nations Airports and White Trash Heroes are very good to great as well.

And they had a diverse range of styles. These are my 10s from them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EloCmSqiDLs - a punk anthem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQcJtWzQaXw - pavement-like indiepop song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP_pw7AUtaM - piano ballad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QrDOGcZDow - atmospheric tension building beauty

I have no idea why they've been so forgotten. They were critically acclaimed during their era. Their album reissues from a few years ago were also critically acclaimed. http://www.metacritic.com/person/archers-of-loaf?filter-options=music

Probably the best "indie rock" band of the 90s IMO.
>>
>>70023946
I'm listening to their first album and it's fuckin great, so far the first track is the best one.

It reminds me of pavement and sebadoh but punkier
>>
>>70024129

Yes indeed. The other songs grow on you, because the production is kinda murky and his voice is buried in the mix. Vee Vee is way more accessible and anthemic but at the same time ugly and raw sounding. All The Nations Airports is like their Bowie Berlin phase type album. White Trash Heroes is a mish-mash of many genres, and some work and some dont. Their ep "Vs. The Greatest Of All Time" is great as well, it was made better Icky Mettle and Vee Vee.
>>
>>70024246

>was made better*

*between
>>
>>70023946

>Probably the best "indie rock" band of the 90s IMO.

It's called Slacker Rock, get it right brah.
>>
>>70023518
The only bands from the 90s that mu knows about are bands on a top 50 list of p4ks favorite albums of the 90s, a band that crosed over to making videos that were shown late at night on mtv, or if a memecore band said they were influenced by such and such.
>>
yank crime is fucking genius
>>
>>70017628
Good albums will always prevail above you meme faggots
>>
>>70019708
Spiderland is way different than the 2 you cant even compare it.
>>
>>70023946

you're a hole, you're a hole. you're a holy roll
>>
>>70023946

Here come the A&R, the A&R!
>>
>>70024129
Listen to this version of Revenge, its way better than the other version, and it has a diff chorus melody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8h5LSZCe1I
>>
"creeps into the sky"
>>
Anybody here finds this album pretty terrifying? Not sure if it's because it just reminds me of a bad time in my life or what, but something in the music and the overall atmosphere is really scary it sends chills up my spine.
>>
>>70027413
Have you heard this though? It's like the guy writing the name of the title was mysteriously kidnapped and in place you just saw a cohort of dancing skeletons. Very spooky stuff
>>
>>70027509

That maybe pretty spooky but it aint more creepy crawly than this.

This is the soundtrack for the nightmare you'd have after watching Phantom Of The Opera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuQqFGMSN9g&list=PL2rQpgf0XqePdGUV67UXQaCdNdjPec2Dx
>>
>>70027550

/mu/ can't link to a full playlist I guess. Listen to the full album.
>>
>>70027550
That's true. Scott Walker from the dead.

Oh, I should mention though, it's (basically) post-hardcore so it's spooky and personal.
>>
>>70027588

cool I'll check it out.
>>
agreed, relationship of command is overrated and the best thing to come out of atdi was their contribution to the prog rock gods tmv
>>
>>70027550
>>70027588
>>70027509
>>70027413
>tfw to intelligent to get scared

Can someone make a reaction image to this
>>
jee-hoo or jeh-you
>>
>>70027695

j-Who?
>>
File: milla jovo_images.jpg (33KB, 278x529px) Image search: [Google]
milla jovo_images.jpg
33KB, 278x529px
I lik this song which its a sólo and slow song (i think)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PJUshoJI3A
>>
>>70017628

Yank Crime is the only posthardcore album I like. ATDI has emo-ish vocals and the lyrics are really word salad garbage tier. Fugazi has only a handful of good to great tracks per album, the rest are boring experiments. Unwound is super overrated, its really just Nirvana with worse lyrics and a weaker vocalist.
>>
>>70017628

Scaruffi gave that album an 8. Does that mean its really a 12 out of 10 in normal reviewer terms?
>>
>>70023361
>the production turned me off
>>
>>70028419
Did you listen to more than one Unwound track? Because that opinion holds no weight whatsoever.
>>
>>70028419
Did you know that there's more to music than lyrics and vocals? Just asking because that seems to be the entire basis upon which you evaluate music.
>>
>>70028874

Well if someone sings on a track I do care. If its an instrumental I dont care. Im sure the instrumental versions of Nickleback and 21 Pilots songs are pretty good by themselves. The lyrics and vocals turn decent/average instrumentals into pure garbage.
>>
>>70017628
This music sounds like what some people call the "alt-right" and it feels punk as fuck. It feels like an actual counter culture, or rebellion against the PC culture that dominates American colleges.
>>
>>70017628

The reason we ask for you not to meme this, is because it is beyond /mu/core memecore. Lets try to keep it our secret, ok?
>>
a true classic to ring in the neu years
>>
saw drive like jehu at psycho lv
some fat orange haired kid spilled a soda on me and looked up at me like he was about to cry but other than that it was tight
>>
how does jehu drive
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.