[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>jazz and bebop influences >consummate musicianship >meticulous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: the d.jpg (33KB, 462x470px) Image search: [Google]
the d.jpg
33KB, 462x470px
>jazz and bebop influences
>consummate musicianship
>meticulous arrangement and production
>gnomic, cynical and literate lyrics
>sick riffs, hooks and harmonies
why aren't you listening to steely dan?
>>
>>70012967
>jazz and bebop influences
>consummate musicianship
>meticulous arrangement and production
>gnomic, cynical and literate lyrics
And they still decided to make pop/pop-rock. I think that's why people don't respect them.
>>
tasteless teflon music, a polished turd
>>
>>70013199
>can't appreciate the subtlety behind the slickness
not surprised t b h, although I'd say this only really plagues some of their later albums

>>70013183
they have mass appeal, yes
>>
I always listen to Steely Dan.
They're hilarious. (And good musicians too)
>>
>>70013526
have you heard the belated release 'two against nature'? its songs are thematically tied to old men trying to get laid, 'hey nineteen' writ large. delightfully sardonic and coy
>>
>>70013624
That's actually one of my favorite songs.

>Oh the Cuervo Gold........
>That fine Columbian.........
>>
>>70013625
I made a digit slip.
Reply to your post is >>70013659
>>
>>70012967
A bit to slick and polished for my taste but they have some good stuff.
>>
>>70013422
>they have mass appeal, yes
Commercial success =/ Critical acclaim
>>
>>70014061
i think he was saying on top of being good they have mass appeal (in their opinion i guess), not that mass appeal equates actually being good
>>
>probably my favorite group of all time.
The bizarro as charcaters they create for their songs. Babs and Clean Willy, Hoops McCann.
Fez hat as condoms Etc
I spin their albums constantly and is great music to dial in your audio system.
They seen to catch alot of flack from rock critics and jazz traditionalists. The dipshits who say they aren't edgy or raw enough.
Donald Fagens solo album the Nightfly is about as polished and clean as it gets perfect shit to test the limits of your system.
If it sounds good it is good
>Duke Ellington
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.