[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw we live in an era where avant-garde musicians make it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 14

File: 2eKAnLQibyHtmB2JqJghX-ClWyY[1].jpg (2MB, 4000x2040px) Image search: [Google]
2eKAnLQibyHtmB2JqJghX-ClWyY[1].jpg
2MB, 4000x2040px
>tfw we live in an era where avant-garde musicians make it into the mainstream

feels good. any other artists cross this divide between commercial appeal and experimentalism?
>>
danny brown just started post-hip hop
>>
>>70009038
no
>>
>>70000000
don't mind me
>>
beyonce is becoming more indie i guess
some of drakes stuff is kind of ambient

still surprised twenty one pilots are as popular as they are...that new mutemath sessions they did was pretty cool actually
>>
>any other artists cross this divide between commercial appeal and experimentalism?

at first i wanted to say that the big four of idm fit this pretty well, but they really don't hold a candle to 21 pilots

aphex twin
>boring, repetitive beats
>stupid "lol so randumb" aesthetic
>anti-vaxer

autechre
>gay for eachother probably
>literally just noise/fart sounds
>they like young thug

squarepusher
>doesn't have the fastest drums
>dumb retard face
>stupid, nonsensical name

boards of canada
>sappy emotional pandering
>le "nostalgia :(((" meme
>a fucking leaf

VS

twenty one pilots
>intriguing, introspective lyrics
>genuine emotion
>confuses plebs like fantano
>multiple genres, incredible skill with merging them
>real instruments
>hit singles

when did you grow out of idm, /mu/?
>>
a lot of 80s pop groups like depeche mode, the cure, the smiths, and anything else modern day tumblr users like were pretty good yet not conventional "pop" acts. I think pop music is only good in phases..and where entering another phase were its good
>>
Stop this fucking meme already.
>>
>>70009038
21 pilots saved my life and got me to stop cutting. I'm glad that there is a band that's not afraid to be a positive influence on kids, especially one that raps considering that most rap songs are just "pussy, money, drugs"
>>
>>70009038
anyone else saw these guys on a cover of wire magazine once?
>>
>>70009204
STOP THE FUCKING MEME ALREADY.
>>
holy shit i just got into them today and I've been fucking obsessed over how good their shit is. this is one of those times where /mu/ was just wrong
>>
>>70009271
/mu/ is wrong always
>>
File: low quality bait.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
low quality bait.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
>>70009085
>>70009072
>>70009038
lmao, you're fooling nobody.

>>70009221
Stop pushing your wire marketing scheme here.
>>
>>70009085
this is true
>>
21 Pilots is arguably the most important band making music today. Genuine and creative lyrics, combined with the introspective nature of time abd everyday life really resonates with today's constant instant gratification culture. Their sound will influence numerous bands in the future.
>>
>>70009271
>>70009292
why come to a music board if you don't appreciate music?
>>
File: citaton-needed.png (47KB, 2400x259px) Image search: [Google]
citaton-needed.png
47KB, 2400x259px
>>70009085
>aphex twin
>anti-vaxer
also the "real instruments" meme is fucking retarded and TOP use the same shit, so you're already contradicting yourself
>>
>>70009320
>21 Pilots is arguably the most important band making music today. Genuine and creative lyrics
>Their sound will influence numerous bands in the future.
why have we let reddit feel like they can freely share their opinion here?
>>
>>70009345
It's satire. Nobody here actually believe that.
>>
They're awful. Liking shit just because /mu/ doesn't and normies like it so you look like the "I don't care about your opinion" guy is being a retard. STOP THE MEME.
>>
>>70009332
Wrong. They actually use real drums and their voices. Not bleeps and bloops from a computer.
>>
>>70009364
And suck at using them. And what the fuck is a "real instrument"?
>>
>>70009356
>somebody posts a logical argument on a band that i dont agree with, nor can i refute it

>it must be satire
>>
>>70009360
So if i enjoy their music at least once, if i don't get angry when i'm walking around and i listen then on a radio what does that make me?
>>
>>70009364
They use keyboards. Do you know who else uses keyboards?
aphex twin, autechre, squarepusher and boards of canada
You fucking moron
>>
>>70009391
Holy shit don't tell me you actually like them. That's even worse.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoLC2oTlMTo

this guy delves deep into what makes Stressed Out such a genius achievement in songwriting
>>
>>70009403
Lol ok. Syncing a keyboard up to a computer doesnt make it a real instrument.

21 pilots actually use and play the keyboard.
>>
>>70009085
Pretty good bait faggot
>>
>>70009425
No, i'm telling you that i don't hate them and i don't go apeshit when someone says they don't hate them neither
>>
>>70009356
It's fact though
they're our generation's Nirvana
>>
>>70009442
What the fuck is a real instrument!?
>>
>>70009442
You're still contradicting yourself faggot. http://imgur.com/gallery/tiuf0rD
>>
File: 2013-10-08-ES.jpg (19KB, 397x500px) Image search: [Google]
2013-10-08-ES.jpg
19KB, 397x500px
>>70009038
Anybody else think they would really like each other's music? Twenty One Pilots may have a different style, but they both have really introspective lyrics and have a twisted way of making happy sounding songs that are actually really sad and deep.
>>
File: 1474090870293.jpg (17KB, 464x447px) Image search: [Google]
1474090870293.jpg
17KB, 464x447px
>>70009442
This is some next-level shitposting
>>
>>70009464
An instrument you actually have to play

>>70009475
Yeah. They actually play the music into the program retard. Other bands just uae the program and click some buttons.
>>
>>70009475
owned
>>
>>70009490
Don't you fucking dare drag Elliott Smith into this.
>>
>>70009490
I don't even know what is a meme and what isn't when people talk about this guys...
>>
>>70009388
>logical argument
>liking twenty one pilots
they're the most bland and generic band I've ever heard for, made and designed for people who shop at urban outfitters. they don't have any energy in their songs and their dilvery comes across as misguided at best and cringy at worst.
>>
>>70009513
this
>>
>>70009490
yeah, I agree. Tyler is a better songwriter, though
>>
>>70009463
try harder.
>>
>>70009506
Ok, and how is that an argument for being a good musician?
>>
>>70009490
agree
they're eerily similar
>>
>>70009525
They have more energy in their music then any other band out there. Including metal. Go to one of their live shows. Its nuts. Seen them twice. The mosh pits were insane.
>>
>>70009506
>They actually play the music into the program retard. Other bands just uae the program and click some buttons.
A few post before...
>Syncing a keyboard up to a computer doesnt make it a real instrument.
>>
>>70009490
>the most creative indie singer-songwriter to have existed
>generic pop band.
WEW
E
W
>>
>>70009557
Are you stupid? Being able to play a keyboard into a computer and create music is incredibly talented. Thats top tier inovation and musicianship.
>>
>>70009536
You motherfucker take that back.
>>
>>70009490
shitposting is all fun and games, but do not drag elliott into this
>>
>>70009561
>Than any other band out there
>I only know of coldplay, foo fighters, and twenty one pilots
>>
>Ohio's duo Twenty One Pilots, vocalist and keyboardist Tyler Joseph and drummer Josh Dun, debuted their catchy brand of keyboard-based rock on Twenty One Pilots (2009) and Regional at Best (2011).
>Vessel (Fueled by Ramen, 2013), that collects material from those self-released albums too, became famous for the arena-pop Ode to Sleep, but most songs rely on a more complex interplay of multiple vocals styles (even within the same song, as in the masterful Holding on to You) with an effect that sometimes borders on Queen-ish musichall (Migraine, Semi-Automatic). Sheer melodic exuberance pervades the jovial country-rock singalong of House of Gold and the hazardous synthesis of synth-pop, hard-rock and bubblegum-pop that is Guns for Hands. The range of formats is wide, from operatic power-ballad to the thumping house music of Trees.
>tfw Scaruffi actually likes TOP

confirmed patrician
>>
>>70009579
Ok... but if the results are bad (like they are) it doesn't mean nothing.
>>
>>70009490
You're taking this meme too far
>>
>>70009616
Stop feeding the troll
>>
File: image.png (679KB, 468x659px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
679KB, 468x659px
why are they called twenty one pilots when there's only two of them?
>>
>>70009625
Because they're taking 21 penises in the ass
>>
>>70009427
Just three minutes and the guy already overthinks like an idiot. Real deal.

>>70009623
I think I'm going... wait, there are no dots... HOLY SHIT IS THAT A (YOU)?
>>
>>70009506
Do you even know what a fucking composer is? Being a musician means shit if you can't compose music without a damn guitar in your hand.
>>
>>70009625
"oseph came up with the band's name while studying All My Sons by Arthur Miller, a play about a man who must decide what is best for his family after causing the death of twenty-one pilots during World War II because he knowingly sent them faulty plane parts for the economic good of his business. Joseph explains that the story's moral dilemma of choosing between the easy and the right decision inspired the name and formation of the band."
>>
>>70009616
The results are great. They are incredibly successful. Their selling out arenas at the moment.
>>
>>70009625
Cuz cool guys.
>>
>>70009490
I see the similarity in their lyrics and general subject matter, but I think it's undervaluing 21 pilots a little bit to compare them to Elliott. Don't get me wrong, he is pretty good, but 21 pilots are so versatile in their style while Elliott is essentially the same catchy acoustic guitar/soft singing in every song that I think it's a limiting comparison.
>>
Blurryface is all about Joseph taking his insecurities and problems and embodying them in this character, Blurryface. When he envisions his insecurities, he says that it feels like suffocation (hence the black around his neck) and the things he makes with his hands (hence the black on his hands). This guy is literally a genius. One could even say god. If you don't like Twenty One Pilots you're a Heathen. Get it? Because they have a song called Heathens. Checkmate haters.
>>
>>70009647
21 pilots compose music. They have entire albums of composed music.

Other bands like Aphex dont compose. The just smash randome buttons on a keyboard for random results.
>>
>>70009657
Having a lot of sales doesn't mean they are anyway good. It just means than most of the people don't know shit about music, and they're just a pop-rap band, nothing hard to hear (besides how bad they are, but normies can't notice that).
>>
>>70009672
this
>>
>>70009679
We've established they use the same shit and same methods. Just shut the fuck up already.
>>
21 pilots is a short excuse to wigger the fuck out like a silly cunt.

Nigggers. Feel free to kill all wiggers on sight. Said lilly white Jew.
>>
>>70009698
Uhh yes it does. If the vast majority of people enjoy them then they are doing something good. The quality of their music appeals to a large percentage of people making it good.
>>
File: 1329884261960.jpg (58KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1329884261960.jpg
58KB, 600x400px
when will this shitty joke die off?
>>
>>70009650
deep
>>
/mu/ hates this album because....why again?
Now, I'm pretty skeptical when it comes to emo bands. I like Fall Out Boy and Panic! At The Disco, but also despise The Veronicas and Boys Like Girls, so I know when I like emo and hate it. Twenty-one pilots...

Okay, I'll be blunt, Blurryface is the best pop album of the decade.

When I hold Regional at Best and Vessel to blurryface, the universal improvements are ridiculous. In particular, somehow in the course of two years, Tyler's vocal cords dropped like a rock, being much more matured and having a lot more range and depth. Although his louder tendencies are still present, such as towards the end of Fairly Local, the final chorus of Ride, the end of Doubt, the back half of Tear In My Heart, the second verse of Not Today, and most notably the crushing Goner, these tendencies are a lot more controlled and less frequent. While one could make the argument that it reduces the emotion of a lot of these songs, it makes them a lot smoother and more professional.

Speaking of smoothness, Tyler's rapping has improved near infinitely, to the point where it's basically a different rapper. His flow is smoother, sharper, cleaner, and fast. His rapping is much more comfortable on the new sounds he's given, which we'll get to in a minute. While Stressed Out didn't exactly blow me away with Tyler's flow, every other verse did. HeavyDirtySoul (probably my favorite song on the album), Message Man, Lane Boy, and Ride all show how much better he's gotten.

And on that note, let's talk about probably this record's strongest point: the instrumentation and production. Like I said, songs like Guns For Hands, Ode to Sleep, Holding Onto You, and even Car Radio had melodies that were pretty chintzy and lightweight, and when they were dark, they were fucking DARK. It was hard before for them to find a balance between bouncy and heavy. This album, there were no problems.
>>
>>70009718
No we havent. You already admitted im right about 21 pilots being different in that they write the music into the computer. Aphex doesnt.
>>
>>70009756
When the mods ban these fuckers
>>
>>70009749
If you're just going to use a fallacy that big as an argument I'm just fucking going...
>>
File: image.png (446KB, 500x544px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
446KB, 500x544px
this picture reminds me of twenty one pilots
>>
>>70009735
>other rap: PUSSY MONEY DRUGS THUGGIN
>twenty one pilots: Inspiring lyrics, addresses mental illness and thoughts of suicide, deep and contemplative but ultimately optimistic, draws on a variety of subject matters but is unifying
21 Pilots is far more than a "short excuse to wigger the fuck out like a silly cunt"
>>
>>70009766
Because trolls and shitposters circle jerk over it and do absurd shit like comparing them to ELLIOTT FUCKING SMITH
>>70009767
Consult this: >>70009565
>>
>>70009778
You cant counter it. Music is subjective. If the vast majority of people like it, then its good. Not a hard concept to understand.

I mean some people out there like to eat their own shit and think its good. The vast majority of people think its bad, so eating your own shit is bad. Same concept.
>>
One great song does a band make, buttfuck that fan base desu.
>>
>>70009490
This is some next level shitposting. I honestly applaud you
>>
>>70009805
> Other rap: adresses politics and real life problems, while having great instrumentation.

> Twenty One Pilots: Muh, I'm sad and want to kill myself, muh, so sad, muh, why can't I be happy???
>>
>>70009805
Hey. Wigger hippie. You win. I happen to like that one song.
>>
>>70009807
Elliot is pretty boring, desu
No album of his even come close to Blurryface
>>
>>70009807
I dont get it. I already proved that post wrong in my reply to you.
>>
>>70009817
If you're going to say "music is subjective" then EVERYONE is right. Fuck off with that shitty argument.
>>
File: bait bait bait.jpg (36KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
bait bait bait.jpg
36KB, 625x626px
>>70009838
>>
>>70009859
Not if the bands they like arent as successful. They are shit if the vast majority of people dont like them.
>>
>>70009817
> If the vast majority of people like it, then its good.
This has to be the worst argument of all time.
>>
>>70009817
If alot of people went to watch grown ups 2 does that mean it's good?
>>70009841
No you didn't. You're just in denial about it. They use the same programs, different outcomes. Just get over it you fucking pussy.
>>
>>70009886
Yet you cant counter the argument. Hmmmmmm...
>>70009894
Im not familiar with how many people went and saw Grown Ups 2. I havent seen it
But yeah its good if the majority of people like it.

Wrong we established that they use the same programs and thay 21 pilots uses it for actual musicianship.
>>
>>70009880
Again, shitty argument, argumentum ad populum. Again, you're using people who doesn't know a shit about music besides really popular songs/bands/artists, sometimes just the first one. I'm not even talking about theory, just listen to more music, a thing the people you're using as argumente haven't done in their lifes.
>>
>>70009831
TOP writes bittersweet existential ballads that ring true with disenfranchised youths all while blending several disparate musical influences and using metalanguage and complex literary tool. And they still manage to sell out arenas worldwide. What rapper has managed to achieve this? Heck, what artist has ever achieved this?
>>
>>70009977
I know some of their fans, they don't go beyond "well, they sound happy but lyrics are sad", that's it. And for me not being an english expert, their lyrics are nothing out of this world.
>>
>>70009976
Dude, people like 21 pilots, who know music, make music for people who dont know music. Thats why musicians exist. To make music. The more people like the music the make, the better it is.
>>
>>70009955
How do they use it for "actual musicianship"? You mean making compositions? Because Aphex twin and the gang do that too. Just with a bunch of synths
>>
>>70010011
Aphex doesnt compose shit. The computer does it for him.
>>
>>70010008
Ok , Twenty One Pilots know music, but people who listens to them and thinks they're great, doesn't know nothing, and Twenty One Pilots can't do nothing to change (some exceptions and that's it, I guess).
>>
>>70010029
What is this then?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBFXJw7n-fU
>>
>>70010049
a computer

bleep bloop

>kys loser
>>
>>70010033
The people that dont know music decide whats good and bad. Thats the point of music. If there were no listeners there would be no people to judge whts good or bad which makes all music bad.
>>
>>70010008
>people like 21 pilots, who know music,
>21 pilots
know music
>The more people like the music the make, the better it is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDZX4ooRsWs
Dont breed whoever wrote this autistic ass comment.
>>
>>70009038
They are that one Linkin Parks album I happened to like. Please die.
>>
>>70009490
The Smiths would be a better comparison imo. i mean, did Elliott have the pop sensibility to ever land a major chart topping hit?

>>70009977
The Smiths, My Chemical Romance
>>
>>70010070
God, i've seen starving african children less desperate than you. Stop grasping for straws and fuck off
>>
>>70010073
The problem is that most of their fans don't go beyond. The more you listen to music, the more you know and the best you can judge, and the vast majority of their fans don't care for anything outside what they usually listen to. That's the problem. If you only know about Twenty One Pilots, you're going to think that they're the best, because you don't know more besides them (and a few other artists just as bad, I guess).
>>
> a bunch uninformed morons who have decided to listen to *shitty insert current trendy band* here, therefore my *insert shitty current trendy band* must be good.
wow, you might be actually retarded
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT2_F-1esPk.
>>
>>70010146
this
>>
>>70009356
>it's satire
>no one believes it
>but if it's satire then there has to be people that believe it, hence the satirizing of them
i love how the internet has killed the idea of satire
>>
>>70010193
he meant nobody on /mu/ believs it, it's just a "lets mock reddit" thread.
>>
>>70009038
They have this chance. Don't be the next nu-metal. There is talent there. Cultivate it.

Either that or die like a Nickleback cunt.
>>
they're trash
>>
this just might be the worst thread I've seen on here so far
>>
>>70010146
You dont have to listen to more music to know if music is good or not.

If you eat more chicken it doesnt change the fact that you like fish.
>>
>>70010654
No but depending on who and how the chicken was made then it could change
>>
>>70010702
Its not chicken if the chicken is changed how its made. Then its a different bird.
>>
>>70010654
I'm making this a copypasta for being this most stupid comment ever made.
>someone with no music knowledge is just as good of an arbiter as someone who has listened to 1000+ of records.
>if somone with no driving knowledge is just as good of driver as somone who has driven his whole life.
god, this has to be bait
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Saqywsesrc
>>
>>70010146
it's not a problem not to care to "muh exploring music more until you agree with me" because everyone has different hobbies. it's perfectly fine that the most accessible/simple artists are also the most popular
it's a valuable niche that TOP fills, they're a mainstream act with confessional, personal lyrics about something other than love interests or relationships like beyonce or that kid shawn mendes. sure there's been your Linkin Parks or MCRs but you have to think in intervals of 2, 3 years with this kind of music
>>
>>70010744
Driving and music are two different things. One uses only your ears and brain. Rhe other uses your entire brain and motor functions.

That said if someone read a lot more about driving than another person, they have a high chance of being a better driver overall due to more knowledge of driving.
>>
>>70010851
>deafeating his own claim
>Driving and music are two different things. One uses only your ears and brain. Rhe other uses your entire brain and motor functions.
thanks captain obvious, what's your point?
>That said if someone read a lot more about driving than another person, they have a high chance of being a better driver overall due to more knowledge of driving.
yup, I agree, and the same applies to music.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oB-l4t6Yiw&list=PL72OPPIU1JwBoecef9T7Vw_HEi9QoYR6s
>>
i actually checked out the mutemath sessions shit by this band and the session musicians were good.
>>
>>70010882
Music doesnt need motor functions to know if its good or not.

Not really. You only have to listen to music to know if its good or not. You dont need to read a bunch of books to know if something sounds good. Thats why people like music. They dont need to know anything about it.
>>
>perpetuating the ideology that music is entirely subjective
stop this pathetic shit man, do I have to spell it out to you.
If I were to proclaim: ALL music is inferior to *insert band here*, but i've only heard that one band in my life, i'm clearly lacking the knowledge to judge correctly.
It's like people who claim to hate *insert genre here* but have never heard anything from said genre except for the very most mainstream artist.
>>
>>70010937
I forgot to tag you in this comment >>70011030
>>
Just be cool. Don't be a new age nu-metal band.

Hell, be the new Hall & Oates.

You have the talent, actually.. I see you guys as a poor man's Steerolab.

Jut don't go the hip hop route. It's pandering to the crowd.
>>
>>70010654
Stupid comparasion, it's not like I was talking about just one song (wich would be damn retard, but your comparasion would make sense).

>>70010825
Yeah, it's ok to have different hobbies, but people need to learn when to shut up if they don't know. Well, not to shut up always, but just not say stupid and exagerated stuff like this:
> 21 Pilots is arguably the most important band making music today. Genuine and creative lyrics, combined with the introspective nature of time abd everyday life really resonates with today's constant instant gratification culture. Their sound will influence numerous bands in the future.

If you don't know, don't talk. That easy.
>>
>>70011046
That comments retarded. Their is no better or worse. Just good and bad. People dont need knowledge to know whats good or bad in regards to music.
>>
>>70011081
If you dont think that that statement about 21 pilots is correct, you're being contrarian. The sold out arenas and concerts say otherwise.
>>
>>70009085
Boards of Canada don't even make IDM.
>>
>>70011081
none of that is even technically "wrong", it's just an opinion (and a prediction)
it's "stupid and exaggerated" because naturally people feel that way about things they really love. if you're out of touch with that feeling or just don't understand it, that's a pity.
i mean whats the worst thing that could happen if you let them talk? some people change their minds on a band? yeah man
>>
>>70009038
Holy shit this is a fucking awful thread
21posting should be a bannable offense by now
>>
> People dont need knowledge to know whats good or bad in regards to music.
>said someone with no knowledge about music
>>
Kero Kero Bonito is the shit desu. Thanks for the dynamic discussion.>>70011181
>>
>>70011214
You proved my point.
>>
>>70011236
>implying you had a point
I still believe this whole thread is just bait that /mu/ (including myself) have fallen for.
>>
> 150 replies
> 31 posters

samefaggots need to kill themselves, this band is shit.
>>
>>70011181
>>70011193
Ok, good argumentum ad populum (again with these?), their lyrics are bad, I'll admit they aren't what some would call "bad to society", but still, bad. No influence so far in nothing besides the way some stupid/edgy teenagers act, generic music trying to be experimental but "no", because they just can't. Again, other than the ad populum I can't see any argument at all, and that's a fallacy.

They can talk, but they need to learn that is someone calls out his opinion, there's a reason why, they don't know enough, and most of them don't care in doing so because "muh, subjectivity.
>>
>>70009490
Holy...I think your onto something here...
>>
>>70011264
I have an important point that most of /mu/ doesnt seem to get
>>70011292
Why are you so angry anon? In fairness a lot of it is me responding to posts. Just give 21 pilots a chance in your life. You might find them to be good like the vast majority of people do because they are good.
>>
>>70011323
Its really the only argument that matters anon and its a pretty important one. They are a cultural landmark in the 2010s.

Its too early in their careers to see the influence.
>>
>>70009955
you should check out grown ups 2. its really good
>>
>>70011392
An ad populum is not valid argument, is a fallacy. And I already said why that is wrong here (as you know): >>70010146

Nobody is going to remember them after 10 years (or even less), you're going to see (that you can't see them anymore).
>>
>>70011323
there's also the fallacy fallacy, you know? i'm not even trying to say that they're good, i'm saying that people like you lack perspective because your criticisms are just as one-sided as anyone elses praise
what is and isn't "good music" is determined by intersubjective criteria, basically consensus, so of course it's gotta be an ad populum
>>
best band out there right now. stay trolled, /mu/
>>
>>70011443
So your whole point is that? That I am one-sided (something I already know)? If that's the case, yeah, I agree.
>>
>>70011349
>I have an important point that most of /mu/ doesnt seem to get
> le 21pilots are avant-garde super gods because I think anything that wonders even slighty from my small minded perception of music is le super avant-garde, duuuuudeeee, Coltrane.
>>
>>70011493
I never said they are avant garde but they are pretty experimental.

My point is pretty important and profound.
>>
>>70011530
>i'm a narcissistic self-aggrandizing cunt with shitty taste in music
>>
>>70011582
You're pretty angry anon. You should listen to Blurryface. It might calm you down.
>>
>>70011530
>hasn't listened to Savant
>hasn't listened to The Mars Volta

Savant has done literally every genre and experimented with all music

The Mars Volta is experimental music for edgelords like you

Listen to more music you complete faggot.

Blurryface is completely embarrassing. It has the engineering of a top 40 track and the "experimentation" is cramming together a bunch of different elements while sticking to the go-to formula. The album is cringe and bad.
>>
>>70011599
>You should listen to blurryface
i'd rather drown in whale sperm than freely listening to that band again.
>>
>>70011145
>you can't punish me I didn't know any better :^)
>>
>>70000000
yum
>>
>>70012101
He was right though
>>
>>70012025
Savant is just some autist who can churn out EDM at a fast pace.
His music is not musically impressive in any way.
>>
>The problem is that most of their fans don't go beyond

Wrong. There's plenty of people on Youtube and other places who clearly have delved beyond the surface of music and defend this shitty band. Even Scaruffi liked their first album.
People seem to enjoy it and taste in music is subjective. Chill
>>
File: Sem título.png (34KB, 652x316px) Image search: [Google]
Sem título.png
34KB, 652x316px
hmm
>>
>>70009515
We're in a post meme world. There's no longer a way to differentiate whether something is a meme or not.
>>
>>70009977
Kanye.
>>
>>70015413
>ring true with disenfranchised youths
kanye writes songs about kanye that only kanye can relate to
>>
>>70015497
But that's a lie.

>Wolves
>FML
>808s the entire album
>College dropout album

Have you listened to any of him? Very relatable.

Also Kid Cudi is a prominent hip hop figure for the disenfranchised due to him actually suffering from mental illness. If you listen to PP&DS knowing what he's going through and you also going through it it hits so much closer to home.
>>
>>70015055
>ciiting metacritic unironically
dude, kill yo self for this
how much of a pleb are you.
>>
File: 895.jpg (41KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
895.jpg
41KB, 554x439px
>>70009463
So they're both lacking any meaningful influence to musicians in the long term?
>>
>>70015055
This desu

(Hue)
>>
>>70016529
(you)
>>
>>70009271
Yeah, fuck the haters. Vassel/Regional at Best is fantastic.
>>
>>70009038
I used to listen to them unironically when Vessel came out and I kinda still like Blurryface. I actually have high hopes for their next LP.
>>
>>70015055
>just as good as kid a
no way.blurryface is 10 times better
>>
>>70009490
I know it's bait but I'm still mad
>>
>>70009038
>TOP meme
They're a goddamn meme band. They have a reasonable level of technical skill and yes, they're actually... You know, trying to say something. But their overall sound makes me cringe like fuck and they have all the rhythm of a grand mal seizure. Every musical phrase they write starts and cuts off all fucky and wrong like it doesn't belong. They can play, and they have something to say, but their sound is a shitshow anyway, for some reason. It eats a special kind of ass that my mother and sister are big enough fans to actually buy tickets to see them live and insist on blasting their crap in the car and at home fucking constantly.
>>
>>70017370
They do that intentionally. Its a statement bout how life is chaos and that things dont go where you expect.
>>
>>70017385
So they sound like ass on purpose? Seriously, it's an incredibly unpleasant sound to listen too.
>>
as much as that guy is memeing I never got why so many people like aphex twin over clark or vsnares
>>
>>70017503
They sound great.
>>
>>70017503
you too
>>
>>70017503
no
>>
>>70017503
fuck off
>>
>>70017503
Cunt
>>
These threads are the hipster version of virtue signaling.
>>
>>70017503
kill yourself
>>
>>70009038
>twenty one pilots
>avant-garde
I want to fucking vomit profusely
>>
>>70009038
meme all you want but 21 pilots actually have a pretty unique sound to them, it's just that their songwriting is terrible and so is their vocals and also their general image is retarded
>>
>>70019026
It's more easy to make experimental/avant-garde music than make traditional catchy pop music. This is a fact, so you can't prove it wrong
>>
File: 1476738054273.jpg (98KB, 357x633px) Image search: [Google]
1476738054273.jpg
98KB, 357x633px
>>70018653
Get lost son. A normie like you would never appreciate the subtlety that is inherently ingrained inside the core of this post-populist pop musical vehicle that Tyler keeps from crushing despite his furious battle with depressive thoughts. The sound, the lyrics, the aesthetic that is purposely represented through the lens of mainstream collegeism and it's perception by the cast of normancy, evidently goes within the simple existence of terms like "good" or "bad" or even the distiction of such topics.
>pic related is you
pleb
>>
are they mixed race or white? they look mixed
please reply, this is very important
>>
>>70020232
>please reply

Ok
>>
21posters should be shot on sight
>>
>>70020232
what will i gain for replying?
>>
>>70009085
>doesn't have the fastest drums

this got a laugh out of me for some reason
>>
>>70020251
>>70020264
seriously I need to know
I really like their music but I've been trying to listen to less white artists (my iTunes library is unbearably white)
>>
>>70015631
>unironically
>>
File: twenty one.jpg (82KB, 564x563px) Image search: [Google]
twenty one.jpg
82KB, 564x563px
>>70020404
>>
>>70020460
is that his wife's son?
>>
>>70020521
probably
>>
damn..
>>
Bumpei
>>
>>70020521
jesus christ I'm praying that a. it's his son b. it wasn't adopted
>>
>>70009059
Danny Brown just rides the coattails of true experimentalists like Charles Hamilton
>>
>>70020527
>what's adoption?
>>
>>70020460
That's one of his cousin's kids.
>>
File: please stop.png (536KB, 2880x3960px) Image search: [Google]
please stop.png
536KB, 2880x3960px
Thread posts: 206
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.