[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /mu/, I rarely go on this board but I was wondering what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: scott.jpg (10KB, 480x360px)
scott.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
Hey /mu/, I rarely go on this board but I was wondering what some people's opinion of Depressive Suicidal Black Metal is?

I don't really know enough about music to know what is or isn't pleb, but it's a genre that has spoken to me far more than anything I've ever listened to.

The reason I like it so much is because the hypnotic rhythms allow me to "visualize" the song and descend into a "fantasy world". (Much like any black metal that attempts to be atmospheric). But the hopelessness, distortion and depressing sound of good DSBM just takes me to another planet.

Are there any other genres or artists that will give me such a spiritual experience?
>>
>black metal
Into the trash
>>
>>70001929
DSBM is dope, you're good senpai.

>Are there any other genres or artists that will give me such a spiritual experience?
Like DSBM? Dark Folk/Neofolk maybe. Also try some Blackgaze and Dark Ambient.
>>
>>70001972
Oh, also funeral doom metal, that'll be your jam 100%.
>>
>>70001960
Is it because you hate metal, or you hate black metal? Or both?

>>70001972
>>70001988
I do enjoy me some Blackgaze and Dark Ambient. I'll have to give Dark Folk and Funeral Doom a try though. Am I good to just look up the genre or are there some hidden gems to look for?
>>
dsbm is good

you might like some screamo/emoviolence, orchid kinda gives me that hypnotic feeling
>>
>>70002055
With blackgaze it's REALLY hit or miss, it's either massive shit or pretty good, rarely amazing. But really good blackgaze is fucking amazing, especially when it's most like post-black. Dark Ambient is a pretty niche genre, I'd just explore around and find what you like. I'd start with the popular funeral doom metal bands though, then work your way towards more obscure stuff, the obscure stuff can be really hard to get into if you're not used to it, while the "popular" stuff is pretty accessible while still being really decent.
>>
DSBM makes me feel weird. I enjoy black metal and how "fun" and almost tongue in cheek a lot of the kvlt stuff is, but most DSBM is made by genuinely fucked-up people. Feels almost too real for me, kind of unsettling (which I guess is the point behind a lot of it). Doesn't help that most of the music just isn't that good. I enjoy some of Xasthur's albums though, and some of the DSBM fusion acts.
>>
>>70002055
Black metal is the only metal I like, but everything outside of the progenitor bands is irrevocable shit.
It's far more concerned with theatrics and image than musicianship.
>>
If you like DSBM and actually enjoy it in a specific way as you just described, you're unlikely to find anything that has a similar effect on you. Instead, my recommendation would be to stick to the genre and further develop your taste by digging through the lesser known artists until you find the ones you like best; sort of like I'd do with any genre.

Here's an ok list website for that purpose: http://www.bestblackmetalalbums.com/best_depressive_black_metal_albums.php
>>
File: dipsomania.jpg (319KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dipsomania.jpg
319KB, 1200x1200px
>>70002183
>but most DSBM is made by genuinely fucked-up people. Feels almost too real for me, kind of unsettling

That's what makes it so good. It's the passion of insanity. Nothing like it. I'm not trying to sound like an edgelord, but when I discovered it after years of hiding my depression and anxiety I finally felt like someone understood what it was like to be so beaten down by society and life that you start to lose empathy for other human beings, and even stop caring about yourself. You begin to crave destruction of yourself and others because it is the only possible realize for the anger that builds up when one is isolated and suffering from mental illness.
>>
>>70002275
Only possible release*
>>
DSBM is a pretentious name for an otherwise great genre.
>>
>>70002275
>beaten down by society and life that you start to lose empathy for other human beings
This is angst and anxiety, not depression
>>
>>70001929
you cant advertise like that without giving us some recomended albums op
>>
File: Gas_zauberberg_cover.png (264KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Gas_zauberberg_cover.png
264KB, 300x300px
I love DSBM for pretty much the same reasons you've listed. It's an genre that relates to me a lot, and the atmosphere it creates puts me in a comforting mood of despair. When I'm feeling really low, DSBM is usually the only music I can listen to.

Check out Gas, specifically Zauberberg. That album is also dark and grim, with a very repetitive atmosphere. It has no vocals and isn't black metal, but more ambient techno but it's still beautiful.
>>
Intig's Album Empty is pretty good I'd recommend it
>>
>>70002924
Depression varies from individual to individual. Mine is more manic than what is considered major. DSBM effects me differently when I'm in an angsty mood than when I'm depressed. When I'm depressed it doesn't really invoke any emotion at all, I just use it has background as I lay slumped in my chair/bed all day long. When I'm more anxious/angsty it gives me a more homicidal feeling as described previously but that actually picks me up and let's me get shit done.

>>70003132

Xasthur - Subliminal Genocide

Psychonaut 4 - Have a Nice Trip

Lifelover (Not really DSBM, but more Depressive Rock) - Pulver

Lifelover- Konkurs

Peste Noire (Also not DSBM, but this album comes close) - La Sanie des siècles Panégyrique de la dégénérescence

Thy Light - Suici.De.pression

ColdWorld - Melancholie2

Shining - Through Years of Oppression

Urban Negativism (Split between Psychonaut 4, Vanhelga, Ofdrykkja, and In Luna)

Make a Change...Kill Yourself - Self Titled

Cheerful Depression - Self Titled

Bergrizen - Autism

This list should get you started.
>>
>>70001929
DSBM is gay. Listen to raw BM, black/thrash, and first wave like a man.
>>
>>70001929
>There's unironically a genre called depressive suicidal black metal
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA.
OH GOD. NO. NO WAY.
And you faggots call the core bands gay??? ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
>>
File: trvefeels8.jpg (11KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
trvefeels8.jpg
11KB, 320x320px
>tfw DSBM threads will never work because /mu/ only cares about rap and Grimes

Striborg will kick all your asses one day.
>>
>>70003621
Stop releasing the same album over and over and people will give a fuck more. For real, are there any extreme metal bands who's logo isn't the same illegible scribbles as every other band yet?
>>
File: IMG_0182.jpg (56KB, 1000x991px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0182.jpg
56KB, 1000x991px
This is not a DSBM album, it's atmoblack with some doom influences, but it's god-tier.

I also 2nd the funeral doom rec, but I have entry-level babby taste in both that and DSBM.
>>
>>70003504
really liked subliminal genocide, will see the rest tomorrow
cheers anon
>>
File: xasther tele.jpg (30KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
xasther tele.jpg
30KB, 400x400px
>>70003900
>posted 26 minutes ago
>albums an hour and 18 minutes long

Did you listen to Prison of Mirrors though? It's a really good song, but the album kinda falls flat afterwards. Telepathic with the Deceased is an incredible album though, so definitely check that out.
>>
>>70003668
>Stop releasing the same album over and over and people will give a fuck more.
And yet we still talk about Death Grips
>>
>>70004048
i listened to first 20 mins and then downloaded
(these threads don't really work if you expect people to listen to hour+ long albums before they come back to talk about them)
>>
not sure if dank enough to be true, DSBM but fair good for Australia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNzWqFBuJSU
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaEaEIfKo70&list=PLRNhoZY2BzoM7oH26ejmK4pkHbR--e5BB

this is so cold and painful
>>
>>70004170
>>70004259
Thanks for posting both of these, enjoyed them, never heard of Advent Sorrow before, downloaded their record.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.