[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did your mother have any influence on your current taste in music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0112.jpg (93KB, 1200x1200px)
IMG_0112.jpg
93KB, 1200x1200px
Did your mother have any influence on your current taste in music?
I personally have a soft spot for grunge since she always listened to shit like Stone Temple Pilots or Nirvana in the car while I was growing up.
>>
>>69990113
no
my mom just listens to gospel and christian rock i hate all of that shit.
>>
I like the same music she liked when she was young (post-punk/new wave). She likes the same music I liked when I was young (metal).
>>
My mom got me into a bunch of dadrock, I still listen to some of it, mostly psychodelic stuff.
After that I graduated to prog, wich got me into listening to music seriously.
Then I found mu, and it only got gayer from there
>>
She introduced me to Eminem when I was a kid. Nothing else other than that.
>>
>>69990113
yes
i was surprised to see that my mom liked the same mom music i liked, like roy orbison, new order etc
>>
>>69990314
mom's spaghetti
>>
File: 1316907868710.png (101KB, 201x216px) Image search: [Google]
1316907868710.png
101KB, 201x216px
>>69990287
>Then I found mu, and it only got gayer from there
>>
My mother only got me into Shakira which was actually my gateway into alternative music. As crazy as that might sound, her first English album Laundry Service which was always on repeat in our household is actually really nice. When analyzing my interest in music, that Shakira album is my starting point.
>>
As a very young boy she would play R.E.M. and The Police in the car, which started my interest in music, with their brilliant melodies and rhythm sections. ABBA also did this, and the lyrical themes of heartbreak and melancholy probably moulded me into the hypersensitive mess I am today.
As a teenager she started buying me a bunch of classic rock CDs, like AC/DC and Black Sabbath albums, and that started my first massive wave of music appreciation. My massive Nirvana phase was also partly due to my mum, since it was her Nevermind CD that I comandeered. Did most people here have a Nirvana phase as well, they seem like one of those bands a lot of people get into in their early/mid teens.
From then on I pretty much made my own way, listening to heavier music (which she hated), and then I found Radiohead, which introduced me to "electronic" music (which she hated). Radiohead were then the last band I discovered for myself before I was introduced to /mu/. I thought I was the only person in the world that liked Kid A because most of my friends hated any of their stuff which wasn't The Bends.

My biggest thing recently has been the appreciation of pop music again, sorta like I've come a full circle. I have Eccojams to thank for that, the way Lopatin hones in on the tiny hooks made the way I listen to music change entirely.
>>
File: 1465662229445.jpg (247KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1465662229445.jpg
247KB, 900x675px
My mother mostly listens to Kesha, Enrique Iglesias, Evanescence, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Shakira, Rihanna, Sunrise Avenue, Maroon 5, The Fray, Amy Winehouse, Adele and lately is obsessed with this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn3wJ1_1Zsg
So, yeah...
>>
Considering from what you've said you could actually be me, yes, she did.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.