[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly is "WIRE" and I why do I keep seeing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

What exactly is "WIRE" and I why do I keep seeing it on /mu/?
>>
>>69983817
A new "literally who" webblog/ezine that covers nothing but absolute dogshit Top 40 pop and rap and flavor of the month written by some nobody trying to make it the next Pitchfork. Since nobody visits his shitty site, this faggot is trying to viral his website.
>>
>>69983864
>their 2016 AOTY list

1. David Bowie – Blackstar
2. Beyonce - Lemonade
3. Young Thug - I'm Up
4. Autechre – elseq 1-5
5. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – The Skeleton Tree
6. Jenny Hval – Blood Bitch
7. Rihanna - Anti
8. Yves Tumor – Serpent Music
9. Gaika – Security
10. Jessy Lanza - Oh No
11. The Chainsmokers - Collage
12. Solange – A Seat At The Table
13. Kanye West – The Life of Pablo
14. Travis Scott - Birds in the Trap Sing McKnight
15. Babyfather – BBF Hosted By DJ Escrow
16. Future - Purple Reign
17. Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Getaway
18. Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith – EARS
19. A Tribe Called Quest – We Got It From Here...Thank You 4 Your Service
20. Desiigner - New English
21. Chance The Rapper - Coloring Book
22. Leonard Cohen – You Want It Darker
23. Kendrick Lamar – Untitled Unmastered
24. Rae Sremmurd - SremmLife 2
25. Lil Yachty - Lil Boat
26. Kaytranada - 99%
27. Steve Gunn – Eyes On The Lines
28. The Weeknd - STARBOY
29. Matmos – Ultimate Care II
30. Charli XCX - Vroom Vroom
31. M83 - Junk
32. Deadmau5 - W:/2016ALBUM/
33. Elysia Crampton – Elysia Crampton Presents: Demon City
34. Anderson .Paak - Malibu
35. D.R.A.M. - BIG BABY D.R.A.M.
36. Blink-182 - California
37. Skepta – Konnichiwa
38. Yung Lean - Warlord
39. Metallica - Hardwired...To Self-Destruct
40. Lady Gaga - Joanne
41. Die Antwoord - Mount Ninji and Da Nice Time Kid
42. Post Malone - Stoney
43. Frank Ocean – Blonde
44. Kevin Gates - Islah
45. The 1975 - I Like It When You Sleep, for You Are So Beautiful yet So Unaware of It
46. Young Thug - Jeffery
47. Jackie Lynn – Jackie Lynn
48. Zomby – Ultra
49. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - This Unruly Mess I’ve Made
50. Drake - Views
>>
>>69983878
>11.The Chainsmokers
Bait list.
>>
It's a music magazine started in the 80's focusing on experiment/avant-garde type music. It started out mostly jazz and then branched out to all genres. People are spamming it here because they've been reviewing shitty mainstream music lately and no longer what it used to be.
>>
Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Egor Letov, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Dead, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Nang Nang, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, Nara Leão, Basic Channel, Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Noah Howard, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Lula Côrtes e Zé Ramalho, Boyd Rice, Mahmoud Ahmed, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Aporea, Half Japanese, Mega Banton, Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Robbie Basho, Phil Spector, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krüsi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Yat-Kha, Loren Mazzacane Connors, Pärson Sound, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue, Arthur Doyle, Shizuka, The Red Krayola, Henry Cow, Magma, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Ksiezyc, Gong, Cukor Bila Smert', cLOUDDEAD, Muslimgauze and Kaoru Abe, the list goes on: The Magazine
>>
>>69983942
>People are spamming it here because they've been reviewing shitty mainstream music lately and no longer what it used to be.
That list is fake. If you actually pick up a copy of the magazine, it's covering roughly the same stuff as it's been for the past 15 - 20 years.
>>
>>69983947
So they're a bunch of elitists and poseurs who think they're "too above" anything remotely mainstream/Top 40 or featuring PoC/womyn and whose subscriber base is old, white men who jerk off to obscure Lithuanian post-melodic drone-core released only on 25 gold painted cassette tapes.
>>
>>69984088
No they just cover different types of music. Do you bitch that rap magazines aren't reviewing country albums because they're too elitist to listen to country?
>>
>>69984169
Why not? I can assure you Young Thug and Solange made far more interesting and important music this than any old white noodling with a synth and strumming a note on a guitar run through a bunch of effects pedals.
>>
are you trying to meme /mu/ into reading The Wire [via reverse psychology]?
>>
File: 1482648882857.jpg (47KB, 600x587px) Image search: [Google]
1482648882857.jpg
47KB, 600x587px
>>69983878
>Deadmau5
>Rihanna
>Kanye West
>Desiigner
>M83
>The Chainsmokers
>Blink-182
>Lady Gaga
>Future
>Matmos
>Red Hot Chili Peppers
>Macklemore
i started greentexting all the ones that made me cringe until i realized almost every album on this list is shit
>>
>>69984270
it's a fake list meant to trigger people
>>
>>69984270
It's a fake list m'boy
>>
>>69984316
>>69984317
Funny thing is most of /mu/ has probably never even heard of the wire much less read one of their issues so they've been falling hard for the bait. That's why it keeps getting spammed, because /mu/ is SO ignorant somebody new buys into this shit every time.
>>
/mu/ has managed to become even worse the last two weeks
>>
>>69984361
how so?
>>
>>69984088
they had Boris and Silver Apples recently on their covers. it's not that intense
>>
>>69984371
most threads are so fucking terrible that even shiposting on them has become a unfunny
>>
>>69984371
Every goddamn thread is ASATT /pol/-tier garbage.
All of them.
I made a fucking thread about Thievery Corporation and it turned into a bunch of retards screeching cuck.
>>
>>69984450
link to that thread?

i want a laugh
>>
>>69984450
/mu/'s been pretty shit for a while now. I don't know why I still come back here. Even the generals I usually frequent/lurk in have become incredible shit or disappeared from the board entirely over the past year. I usually just search the archive for links or posts related to artists/genres/albums I've been into lately.

/pol/ has been infesting a lot of boards recently. /lit/ has been pretty bad. Way too many "BLACKED" and Pepe OP images and threads that are either Sam Hyde/Million Dollar Extreme jerkoffs or basically say "How come niggers are illiterate" or "Conservative literature only, reddit libcuck fags kys"
>>
>>69984441
yeah this. it's fucked up
>>
>>69984535
all this cuck bullshit is swallowing the fucking internet
>>
>>69984571
It really is. And on the left, you have this sort of kneejerk SJW witch-hunt type reactions which essentially discredit anyone who has a slight deviation in belief without engaging in any sort of discussion or discourse.

And of course all this nonsense is just more fuel to the fire for them.
>>
>>69983947
>Faxed Head
lmao this has to be the first time i've seen someone mention this band
im saving the FUCC out of that list thanks
>>
>>69984650
future poseur at work here
>>
>>69984270
>Matmos
Whats wrong with them?
>>
File: 1451764837443.jpg (91KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1451764837443.jpg
91KB, 720x960px
>>69984650
actually i know almost all of those. i didn't look that close
>>
>>69984665
see
>>69984681
also nice spelling. *tips*
>>
>>69984700
ok bud
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.