[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain why this album is bad without using the word "tumblr"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: blurryface.jpg (334KB, 1425x1425px) Image search: [Google]
blurryface.jpg
334KB, 1425x1425px
Explain why this album is bad without using the word "tumblr" or "cringe"
>>
>>69982082
it's cringey tumblr shit
>>
>>69982082
White boi reggae
>>
I actually enjoy it (except for the last track that you can't deny that is 2 cringy)
Stop caring about the opinions of the hipsters on this board that only praise unknown crap
>>
album art is shit and uninspired
>>
>>69982082
because i don't like it
>>
>>69982139
(u)
>>
>>69982139
this
>>
>>69982082
two talentless guys with whiney voices and punchable faces ""rap""over generic pop beats labeled as ""alternative"" so the special snowflakes that listen stay feeling special
>>
>>69982082
Because it didn't know what it wants to be. These fuckers are right up there with Imagine Dragons with jumping from trendy sound to trendy sound without actually sticking to something.

The biggest illusion of variety I've ever seen in music.
>>
>>69982139
This.
>>
TO DA GOO DOL DAZE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6fLAxtgnuU
>>
>>69982082
The lyrics are embarrassing. They sound like someone just discovering existentialism and thinking they're the smartest/most enlightened person in the room
>>
>>69982082
It sounds bad
>>
>>69982082
It's as if Linkin Park came out from their grave and released a new album trying to appeal to the same crowd they appealed to then years ago.
>>
They lost me when they started singing about student loan debt during a video featuring grown men riding big wheel trikes and drinking Capri Sun.

This is so obviously geared toward emotionally stunted, economically disadvantaged millenials it isn't funny, even though it really should be.
>>
It sounds like americans trying to be british
>>
I did listen to some of it. I don't remember a thing about it.
>>
>>69982082
it's reddit
>>
Lyrics are trash, and that's pretty much the only reason why people listen to it. It's annoying too.
>>
>>69982139
>>
WISH WE COULD TURN BACK TIME
>>
tumblr
>>
>>69982082
Pretty weird and bad.
>>
Mixing shitty rap with shitty pop rock isn't good.
>>
File: flox.jpg (17KB, 192x258px) Image search: [Google]
flox.jpg
17KB, 192x258px
I found 21 like 3 years ago on my own by accident, before they were on the radio. Liked there stuff and started listening to them pretty regularly figured they weren't really big though. Maybe 9 months later be at a friends house, walk by tv, see them headlining some show.

always weird finding out something you thought was obscure was huge.
mfw
>>
they have text on the album cover
>>
>i wish i was an little kid again! arghhh high school is just so effing stressful! >:(
>>
>>69982130
tru
>>
>>69984531
this exact thing happened with me and iggy azalea
it's not something i can exactly be proud of but i had TrapGold in my rotation when it came out because of the Diplo production
always strange to think about
>>
>>69982082
Tries to come off as a genre-smashing album when really it's just pop with some reggae and "LYRICAL SPIRITUAL INDIVIDUAL" rapping with a cover off watered down depression and """emotions"""
>>
>>69984919
*cover of
>>
I really do enjoy Twenty One Pilots' old music, but this album is trying way too hard to pander to their fanbase.
>>
>>69982082
the songs are terrible and irritating
>>
The hipster in me says they're terrible.

The realist in me says they're okay.
>>
>>69982243
it IS variety even if it's limited to trendy sounds. there's nothing wrong with trend following per se, you know
>>
>>69982208
Sounds like bargin bin /mu/core to me.

Honestly I'm not even sure what the difference is between this and Alabama Shakes or something. If there is one I think it's just that it's popular.
>>
File: folder.jpg (178KB, 888x888px)
folder.jpg
178KB, 888x888px
it's not this
>>
>>69982297
holy fuck the comments, this is too much
>>
how do people not find this terrible. I don't even understand how you can justify it and tell people they're hipsters for this, it's literal garbage.
>>
>>69982139
yep
>>
>>69984543
that's not the point of the song
>>
I like their ukulele stuff
>>
>>69982546
That would be amazing fuck you
>>
>>69982082
I dont enjoy their music. simple
>>
>>69984611
Fuck, same here.
>>
What if I enjoy the album?
>>
The lyrics are embarrassingly forced. The instrumentals are bland and lackluster at best. The whole thing as a project feels gimmicky and uninspired simultaneously. There's nothing interesting going on in that record whatsoever.

Also, their fanbase is just toxic. 10x worse than Death Grips' fans, or Lana Del Rey's, or Halsey's, or That Poppy's. Twenty One Pilots' fans easily steal the cake for worst possible fanbase. I actually feel sort of sorry for the band because of that; they don't deserve that. But that has nothing to do with the music, so disregard it.
>>
>>69989997
Vessel is actually pretty good, though. I'll admit that.
>>
>>69989997
not as bad as grimesfans
>>
>>69989997
It's hard for me to detach the fanbase from the source material. Much like this band, I dig Die Antwoord but feel guilty listening to them because of how weird and obsessive that fanbase is. The same goes for MCR, and trying to watch A Nightmare Before Christmas
>>
generic pop with terrible reggae
>>
>>69990697
dedicated fanbases are great though, and prove the band is doing something very right
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.