[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/daily/ - "daily: the last victim of 2016" edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 101

File: daily ges.png (12KB, 468x468px) Image search: [Google]
daily ges.png
12KB, 468x468px
Great, you let it die.

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

https://www.neverendingchartrendering.org/
>come here to make charts

https://plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>come here to endlessly circlejerk over meme videos and maybe sometimes hopefully music

http://dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>come here for op pics, charts, listenalongs, misc. stuff

Previously, on /daily/: >>69944366
>>
File: 2016 Chart 2.png (1MB, 1680x1745px) Image search: [Google]
2016 Chart 2.png
1MB, 1680x1745px
ultra short

Tim Hecker - Love Streams (2016)
>ambient, glitch

One of Hecker's weakest efforts. The noisiness is great, but the choral supplements are often overbearingly cheesy and there's nothing really memorable about it. Still, an okay ambient album with some nice progressive electronic elements.

2.0+

Djwwww - Arigato (2016)
>plunderphonics, electronic, sound collage, IDM

Really fucking cool. The samples are all really cool and they're put together really nicely, and the danciness of this is something I'd never expect. Too chaotic at points, but a fun, exhilirating listen nonetheless.

>>
Post your:

>What you hope will happen in 2017 for musci
>What you actually predict will happen in 2017 for music
>Your mainstream AOTY for 2016
>Your obscure AOTY for 2016
>>
I want to be a part of /daily/

So, every day I listen to an album I've never heard before, any album I want, and I come back here and review it?

Are the calendars required or can I just make a RYM list or something?

Is the shitposting complementary or do I have to pay?
>>
File: i haha no wow.png (599KB, 644x641px) Image search: [Google]
i haha no wow.png
599KB, 644x641px
>>69979833
>Are the calendars required or can I just make a RYM list or something?
Ye take it in any format you are most comfortable. I, personally, pretend to start a new calendar to get a bunch of cool recs from cool people then scrap the calendar and listen to only the recs that look interesting on my own time! It works out. I've done it like 30 times and I think people are only just starting to catch on :0

>Is the shitposting complementary or do I have to pay?
100% on the house!
>>
>>69979833

You can make a calendar and go through it by day or make a chart and tackle it at your own pace. You can just post the chart with your scores or you can leave a review with it as well. Doesn't matter what albums are on it, though most people either have a theme of some sort or just pick a bunch of random shit from their backlog.

You could also do a freeform chart, where you just listen to whatever and paste the album art on it when you finish.

Reccing people things for charts is common; lots of people have a RYM so others can see what they've heard already and what they like. Another common thing is tourneys, where someone posts some brackets and people recc albums for it to try and win (there's generally no prize, though some people offer drones to the winners). People could recc whatever they want or you could have requirements for each album entry like a certain genre or decade of music.

Shitposting is free, but (You)s are hard earned. This one is on the house.
>>
>>69979964
Thank you for the info

Is it popular in /daily/ to listen to brand new releases or just whatever?
>>
>>69980003
>Is it popular in /daily/ to listen to brand new releases or just whatever?
Mostly just whatever. Be warned, though, if you ask for recs there will be many recs.
>>
>>69979794
>One of Hecker's weakest efforts
Agreed. I do not understand the praise that this album gets.

>>69979817
>What you hope will happen in 2017 for music
Boris makes a good album
Kanye releases a critically divisive album (that hopefully isn't as bad a tlop)
Atrocity Exhibition / Sleep Cycle
M. Sage - Rife W/ Typo
>>
File: backlog.png (1MB, 2770x1680px) Image search: [Google]
backlog.png
1MB, 2770x1680px
The Beach Boys - Summer Days (and Summer Nights)

Honestly, the Beach Boys have slowly become one of my favorite groups. I've spent the last year or so exploring their post-Pet Sounds and I've loved pretty much everything. I've barely checked out their early material so this was an interesting change of pace.

This isn't quite Today! but it's still a very enjoyable listen. Similar concepts here - short, sweet pop songs about love, with lots of doo-wop influence. The famous singles, "Help Me, Rhonda" and "California Girls" are terrific and the lesser known tracks are still mostly enjoyable. The last two songs are pretty bland though, they definitely seem like filler to turn this from an EP into an album.

This is only 25 minutes in total and consists of very brief tracks, leading to an easy listen. Love this, even though it can feel corny at times.

3.5/5
>>
Also, I'll start droning Nat soon... posting the chart in a min
>>
>>69979794
agreed on Love Streams. don't get the hype.
glad you liked Arigato. try this for something still glitchy, but more grounded in hip hop:
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/djwwww-mc_play_station_/__-%E5%83%95%E3%82%89%E3%81%AEfantasy-_%EF%BE%9F%E2%80%8B_%E2%80%8B_%E2%80%8B%EF%BD%A1%E2%80%8B_%E2%80%8B_%E2%80%8B_%E2%80%8B_%E2%80%8B_%E2%80%8B_%EF%BD%A1%E2%80%8B_%E2%80%8B%EF%BE%9F%E2%80%8B_%E2%80%8B%E2%99%A1/
>>
File: 1472245290903.jpg (3MB, 3000x1687px) Image search: [Google]
1472245290903.jpg
3MB, 3000x1687px
https://plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>>
File: Nat Drone.png (1MB, 3175x1835px) Image search: [Google]
Nat Drone.png
1MB, 3175x1835px
TIL I've heard all of Nat's 5s and 4.5s. So I had to pull from 4 or 3.5s, which I'm assuming are still great based on his scale.

Anything you guys think I wouldn't like/should replace?
>>
>>69979817
>What you hope will happen in 2017 for music
G O R I L L A Z
see above
Xiu Xiu - Twin Peaks
The Savage Young Taterbug - Shadow Of Marlboro Man
>>
>>69979817
>Post your:
>>What you hope will happen in 2017 for musci
LCD Soundsystem pls
>>What you actually predict will happen in 2017 for music
LCDS gets pushed back to 2018
>>Your mainstream AOTY for 2016
Elseq 1-5
>>Your obscure AOTY for 2016
Traditional Synthesizer Music, if that counts
>>
>Run the Jewels - Run the Jewels 3 (2016)

Fun, if somewhat unoriginal hip-hop album. The beats sound just like the album art, and that's a very good thing. The technical ability on the raps is consistently good, but never exceptional. And the same could be said for the album as a whole - consistently just good, but only really exceptional on one track, 2100. At the same time, the album is really safe; Run The Jewels doesn't seek to push any boundaries, just repeat what they know already works.

3/5
>>
>>69981783
>>69982236
awesome! hope you like em, man.

i think I got Luciano Cilio and Sirconical from droning Jangle and ricebeansandegg lmao, so I hope you love them as much as I do.

also you're really gonna like Blackout.
>>
>>69981974
that looks awesome, I'll check it out soon.
>>
>>69983775
glad i can guide you through kenji's work. he's pretty next level.
he recently wiped his entire soundcloud page and posted a 2 minute long nightcore track in its place.
his selfie game is also next level
https://twitter.com/exilevevo/status/809899028502581248
>>
File: qt_pigger_face.jpg (112KB, 800x796px) Image search: [Google]
qt_pigger_face.jpg
112KB, 800x796px
>>69982236
>mfw a pigcore sneaks into a nat drone
>>
>>69982236
Felix laband! You got some old school nyar core in there buddy, enjoy it
>>
>>69980032
>f you ask for recs there will be many recs.
SONDRE LERCHE
HE'S GREAT
>>
>>69983734
>you're really gonna like Blackout

I was super excited when I saw a Memphis release that high in your ratings. Definitely looking forward to it!

>>69983966
>>69984051
Nice! Knew I chose some good albums :)
>>
>>69983914
I can only dream to take a selfie like that

>>69983966
i definitely got that from droning you, I'm pretty sure. so thanks!

>>69984051
yup, you recced that to me for a tourney back in the day.

>>69984225
on the Memphis topic, have you heard anything by Ski Mask Troopaz?
>>
>>69979817
>young thug releases his debut and it's amazing
>young thug relesaes his debut and it's ok
>too many voices
>kablam - furiosa
>>
>>69984462
Nah, I've never checked em out. Are they worth a shot?
>>
>>69984525
Yeah, probably the most hardcore Memphis act I've ever heard.
>>
>>69985104
Sweet, I'll have to give them a listen! Any particular tape I should check out?

I finally got my backlog down to like 10 projects on Monday and now it's at about 40... I just keep finding albums I want to hear lol.
>>
>>69984462
>>69984225
: ^ )
>>
>>69985267
this tape is great: https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ski-mask-troopaz/skimask-troopaz/

and yeah, I can relate, I'll be doing backlog charts for the rest of my life.
>>
Bamp
>>
sag
>>
File: 1471075555921.png (151KB, 710x561px) Image search: [Google]
1471075555921.png
151KB, 710x561px
>>69979817
boggle and rockadopolis record their albums and they're amazing
nu metal revival's crowning achievement comes out
boggle records his album and it's good
turns out nu metal revival was just brutal djent all along
KonoSuba
my power level isn't that high

>>69979991
>(You)s
anon, i...
>>
File: rodsrecs.png (932KB, 985x671px) Image search: [Google]
rodsrecs.png
932KB, 985x671px
>chris††† - No Lives Matter
This is an interesting and inventive record, but a lot of it isn't quite for me and it's too wildly inconsistent in style.

judas inside starts off the record at a breakneck pace with its jagged noise arpeggios and its high bpm percussion, later adding a few heavily processed vocal samples that flicker in and out of the foreground.

At this point I was pretty hyped for what was to come, but this was the album's peak for me.

The next few tracks somewhat keep up with the style of the first. Noisy and danceable but less fleshed out. The album starts to meander and my hype wears off.

I can't remember his voice is kind of a cool track though. It's a nice loop that slowly becomes more data moshed as it repeats.

It's at this point that there is a song that is a youtube poop remix. This isn't as bad as it may sound, and to be honest it was quite entertaining, but it's so out of left field.

If I start hearing Spongebob, a voice clip of someone raging at Gears of War 2, or Andy Milonakis during any album, no matter how good it was, I'm going to be taken out of the experience.

I also didn't understand the thematic purpose of the samples, if there was any.

The final track is the final barrier that makes or breaks this album, depending on your taste.

It's a 10 minute song of a 20 second vaporwave slowed down drum beat/synth/vocal sample loop. It gets old fast.

The loop itself is quite clever in that it's a pitch shifted vocal sample, "...I'll be haunted by / all my life / just one moment in time / all my life / until the day I day / and it will live inside of me / ..."

Still... 10 minutes? A little unnecessary, but I can see the appeal.

Overall, the record is a mixed bag of cool ideas but not all of them work, and the ones that do... don't really work in conjuncture with the others.

Still, it was a positive experience, I listened to it like 3 times in a row to soak in the details, and I'm excited to hear their future work.
>>
>>69987262
*until the day I die
>>
>>69987262
is this a poem?
>>
what happened to the anti disney metal alliance of youtube
>>
>>69987673
whats that
>>
File: folder.jpg (695KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
695KB, 1200x1200px
whyd you hate disney metal? this is quaint.
>>
File: pebble.png (90KB, 343x319px) Image search: [Google]
pebble.png
90KB, 343x319px
>>
Need an EP from termi and nyar
>>
>>69988454
Need a big booty bitch and a henny
>>
>>69972876
keke sure, I just find Jangle the Dangle's hypocrisy hilarious. I don't think anyone has more aggressively complained about my shitposting, but yet here he is, doing exactly what I detailed in my posts the other thread.
>>
bumpong
>>
I'm gonna shitpost a bit to bump the thread.

We're having sociology right now, and I went in expecting it all to be about how Marxism is the greatest thing and white straight men are literally cancer, and only half of that was true. To one of my lecturer's credit, he actually talked about both capitalism and marxism in neutral terms and made good points for both sides, very professional. It's a shame we only have two lectures in total with him, because he's really good.

Total contrast to the lecturer we have in gender who literally says women are always, in every situation, subordinated men and men are scum.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 960x845px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 960x845px
Shitpost the second.

My old municipality did something really wonderful for christmas. They invited everyone who would otherwise be alone to the bathhouse for the day, provided everyone with hot drinks and snacks, and even got some hairdressers there so every one could get a haircut. It was obviously aimed at the poor, but also at all the elderly and simply lonely people.

Really beautiful, and I'm gonna try to see if I can get my new municipality to do something similar, and see if I can volunteer for that.
>>
>DJ Nerdface Punkass Bitch - Swagface Pitstop
>Tecno

https://clyp.it/rhmruyvq
>>
File: wegsxfvsj663hbsd.png (58KB, 627x617px) Image search: [Google]
wegsxfvsj663hbsd.png
58KB, 627x617px
Does anyone want some "unreleased" djwwww? Well it technically isn't unreleased but I started listening to him in like 2013 when he didn't have a fanbase at all. And he put out 2 great albums then which are no where to be found. One is a sort of ambient sound collage album which is fucking incredible and his best record to date in my opinion. The second one is a harsh noise sound collage album which is interesting but nothing extraordinary in my opinion
>>
File: Tourney V.png (2MB, 3870x3790px) Image search: [Google]
Tourney V.png
2MB, 3870x3790px
Faust - Faust IV (rym robot man) vs Bengt Berger & Bitter Funeral Beer Band - Bitter Funeral Beer (Torts)
Pleasantly sounding krautrock by Faust, I really appreciated how well it was made, a really solid piece. I should probably listen to more stuff by the band and more krautrock in general.
Bitter Funeral Beer had a lot of stuff I like to offer - from s/t track, which sounded like hungover vocalless Tom Waits to catchy drums on "Blekete" (and boy do I love some good drums) and smooth rhythmic trad leaning jazz throughout the whole record. Yes, it's great.

Pharoah Sanders - Karma (rym robot man) vs Swans - Swans Are Dead (ImposterTuco)
I guess I like spiritual jazz in general, I still remember how impressive was Alkebu-Lan for me. I especially liked the second part of "
The Creator Has a Master Plan", when it became more experimental and chaotic, it really felt like some abstract religious practice.
I think Swans in general are amazing, but this might probably be one of my favorite things by them, not to mention how great it is for a live performance. I should probably listen to the original sources though, Soundtracks for the Blind and The Great Annihilator

Bet reminder:
1) jimmy jazz (s, jimmy jazz)
2) Terminus (Terminus)
3) Shamepai (Kanzler)
4) Jangle&Bojangle (Transgod)
5) s (GFR)
6) justok (Woolite)
7) Torts (justok, Torts)
8) tripup (tripup)
>>
>>69990513
Tjena fan

t. Norrtälje
>>
>>69991035
>I beat the robot
Don't worry pigger I'm coming! We shall overcome this robopocalypse yet!
>>
>>69990468
>>69990513
do the lectures ever allow for questions? I always imagined you would speak up if somebody said that. Also how difficult would it be to set up your municipality to do something similar?

>>69987252
>nu metal
you mean System of a Down?
I'm looking forward to the new Faye album but Rocky mentioned his album was looking for a 2018 release, right?
>>
>>69979817
>>What you hope will happen in 2017 for music
Good music
>>What you actually predict will happen in 2017 for music
Bad music
>>Your mainstream AOTY for 2016
The Glowing Man
>>Your obscure AOTY for 2016
Pleasure Model - Kendo Dynamics
>>
>>69991035
do I win though?
>>
>>69991263
I am repeating for the 100th time, it's NOT 1v1 duels, I am advancing best rated humans to the next round, since there won't be enough duel winners to fill the second round, so it doesn't matter whether you beat the robot or not.
>>
>>69979817
David Bowie comeback album.

Country music/Appalachian folk revival

Blackstar

Emily Jane White - They Moved in Shadow All Together

2016 was a really great year, hope the quality keeps up into 2017!
>>
>>69991299
So i automatically win right?
>>
>>69991299
>Humans got crushed so badly that literally God had to intervene
this is a sad, sad alternate universe.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-30-06-56-35.png (86KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-30-06-56-35.png
86KB, 480x800px
>>69991319
What am i in for?
>>
>>69991317
Obviously, I do not understand, why everyone still has to participate, since it's so apparent who the winner is
>>69991319
Ye, humans r weak
>>
>>69991362
pleasant folk music that is very nice
>>
>>69987252

>He doesn't have 4chanX
>He let hiroshima take his (You)s away

lmaoing @ ur life
>>
>>69991152
>you mean System of a Down?
maybe, but i dont have any expectations for that
maybe Stampede of the Disco Elephants finally drops, can you believe its first single is more than three years old by now
i'm more curious about new bands like Twelve Foot Ninja, Islander or Cover Your Tracks, most of them suck though

new Linkin Park's been in the shop, maybe Tool finally release the thing, it's gonna be a major year for nostalgiafagging in any case
speaking of which
>>69967773
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3SgzBDQsHc
>what you think?
at least their debut aged pretty well imo

Ben's demos got my hyped anyways. i dont talk to those guys or anyone enough #newyearsresolution
>>
>>69991423
we don't need your (You)s (You)s (You)s
it's not about the (You)s (You)s (You)s
we're gonna make the board rage
it's not about the post tag
>>
>>69979817
it gets good

average year, not bad but not particularly good

Blackstar i guess

Fabio Monesi - Palladium

>>69982799
>G O R I L L A Z
lol remember when they said it was gonna come out in 2016

>>69991035
my bets are everyone left is a robot by semifinals
>>
>>69987262
>a few heavily processed vocal samples
i KNOW the song this female vocal is from but i can't remember which one it is dammit. it's almost unaltered too. might be CC
>>
>>69991044
Norrtälje represent (Jämtland nu dock).

>>69991152
Yes, we have small classes so the lecturers allow for questions. I did question it, and now I'm labelled as an anti-feminist womenhating deathnazi by my most of my class.

Probably be a lot of work to set something up with my municipality, I don't really have any idea how it would be done at all. I've figured the first step ought to be emailing the customer centre and then continuing from there based on their response.
>>
Shitpost the third.

I'm sitting in school because I really need to finish reading this book on gender since I've got to write up a report on it in about a week, and it's such a bore. Also I made sure I'm sitting between two pokestops so I can scoop some eggs while reading, and I levelled up from spinning stops kek.

>>69991423
>2016
>not using appchan
>>
File: last100.png (7KB, 338x292px) Image search: [Google]
last100.png
7KB, 338x292px
do the thing where you post last 100 ratings and guess who it is

>>69991877
surprised so many people still play pokemon go desu
>>
>>69991910
Yeah, I was totally bored out of it for a couple of months after moving back up to Jämtland after spending the summer in Norrtälje, because there are so few stops and pokemon here. But I went on a trip to Visby, which was fucking amazing for pokemon because there were stops everywhere, and then all of a sudden the game was fun again. I'll probably stop playing again in a month or two unless they boost the spawn rate of pokemon in rural areas even more, and/or add more pokestops around me.
>>
File: 1452356866318.png (5KB, 293x326px) Image search: [Google]
1452356866318.png
5KB, 293x326px
>>69991910

>ECM Style Jazz
>Ambient
>Drone

...yamir?
>>
File: Last100.png (24KB, 318x295px) Image search: [Google]
Last100.png
24KB, 318x295px
>>69991910
This shouldn't be too hard
>>
>>69991910
>>69991989
Sdc
>>
File: a.png (7KB, 306x276px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
7KB, 306x276px
>>69991910
s?
>>
>>69992021
>>
>>
>>69992085

patrician
>>
File: genre.png (8KB, 316x285px) Image search: [Google]
genre.png
8KB, 316x285px
>>69991910
Rudi
>>69991989
SDC
>>69992004
nyarl
>>
>>69991910
Rudi?
>>69991989
>Christmas Music
idk

is someone doing a Christmas music chart
>>69992004
Thomas?
>>69992021
yamir?
>>69992085
Memepus
>>69992158
Tuco?
>>
>>69992092
>>69992186
Correct.
>>
Went to a phish concert. It was pretty hype
>>
>>69992158
>nyarl

Nope but that's a good guess
>>
>>69991989
Letov <3
>>
>>69991910
Yamir?

>>69991989
Yeah yr the guy with the Christmas music chart but I can't remember yr trip desu

>>69992004
Woolite? Trip up? I dunno

>>69992021
Nat?

>>69992158
Tuco?

>>69992186
Jimmy jazz?
>>
File: IMG_7608.jpg (53KB, 750x761px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7608.jpg
53KB, 750x761px
>>69992561
Oh forgot mine, should be quite easy
>>
>>69992572
rood dud
>>
>>69991989
Ah yes it was Letov
>>
File: whoops.jpg (104KB, 750x708px) Image search: [Google]
whoops.jpg
104KB, 750x708px
>>69992561
>Woolite?

Yup, you got it
>>
File: DELETE.png (695KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
DELETE.png
695KB, 1600x900px
>>69992561
>>69992186
two people got the same dang answer, should I just end it all now
>>
>>69992561
>nat

nope

>>69992186
>yamir

mfw everyone exchanges me with him
>>
File: latest.png (4KB, 309x290px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
4KB, 309x290px
>>69992186
co?
>>69992158
>>69992021
these are so similar
>>
>>69992783
trans
>>
gibe sad recs
>>
>>69992814
no, but thanks
>>
File: very HiGh man.jpg (88KB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
very HiGh man.jpg
88KB, 480x358px
>>69992929
making a chart, gibe sad albums
>>
File: cover.jpg (45KB, 447x450px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
45KB, 447x450px
>>69992929
hard mode no indie or emo
i'm gonna play easy though

>>69992940
yw
>>
File: tournament 5.jpg (2MB, 3136x1996px) Image search: [Google]
tournament 5.jpg
2MB, 3136x1996px
well looks like im gonna get my throat slit

Hypnotic Underworld was nothing special, but fits together quite nicely, the track at the start was great and set up a landscape, japaneese mythology infulence throughout.

Piper at the gates of dawn was a droney expereince where nothing really grabbed me at all, I did like the production and other aspects of it so it sticks at 5.
5-

Mark And advances
>>
File: dfw16.png (938KB, 958x681px) Image search: [Google]
dfw16.png
938KB, 958x681px
>>69993084
now that would be a challenge
>>
>>69993033
Grouper - Ruins
Dirty Beaches - Drifters/Love Is the Devil
Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - I See a Darkness
And maybe Bill Callahan - Apocalypse
>>
>>69993116
I also lowered post-feelists rec down to a 5-, sorry, i gave it another listen.
>>
>>69993033
>>69992929
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/gavin_bryars/the_sinking_of_the_titanic/

mostly just for the second track tho
>>
>>69993135
Heard Dirty Beaches and Bonny Prince Billy
didn't much care for the former but liked the latter, anything else worth listening to by them?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (143KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
143KB, 1920x1080px
>>69993116
>mfw he actually did it what a madman
>>
>>69993161
You should then do Palace Music - Viva Last Blues, which is also Bonnie Prince Billy. Think you wouldn't like any other Dirty Beaches then
>>
>>69992198
sicc
>>69992561
>>69992783
no
>>69992682
are you not 2co
>>69992708
I feel like I should know this

Fisherino?
>>69992572
Dogwander?
>>69992783
Darklands?
>>69993116
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/giraffes__giraffes_/more_skin_with_milk_mouth/
>>
>>69993286
Mark? ;)

And no, not fish
>>
Tourney V.png
2MB, 3870x3790px
Boredoms - Vision Creation Newsun (rym robot man) vs Kid Dakota - So Pretty (sobbing)
Not something I'd expect from Boredoms. It's pretty good though, nice and dreamy, maybe a little too mild for my taste.
Idk for Kid Dakota, maybe I am bad at midwest emo, but I wasn't too fond of the thing. I suppose it's not that bad though, except for vocals, which are pretty damn basic.

Television - Marquee Moon (rym robot man) vs Salamat Sadikova - Voice Of Kyrgyzstan (Letov)
Marquee Moon is really great, yeah. Witty, well-made and on point.
Salamat Sadikova's is quite simple and straightforward, yet is has a certain mystique and allure to it, I can't help but like it (not to mention trad is an easy pick, cause I am into it)

A new rule that might be useful for the 2nd round: no artist can be recd twice. However, that means that humans can't rec an artist already recd by humans, but they can rec someone bot recd already. Same goes for bot. Swans can't be recd anymore, since both bot and humans already suggested them.

P.S. I thought Faust's rating's a bit too low.
>>
>>69993286
>https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/giraffes__giraffes_/more_skin_with_milk_mouth/

is this mark? need to know before i can add it
>>
>>69993307
gave myself away with that rec

as for who you are, I really dunno, man

can you give a hint
>>69993334
yes boi
>>
>>69993116
W E E E E E E E E W
laderino
>>
>>69993360
i'm not that relevant as you might think, also i'm not australian.
>>
>>69987262
ooh cool chart.
>>
File: mornin_snow_pigger.png (237KB, 600x463px) Image search: [Google]
mornin_snow_pigger.png
237KB, 600x463px
Morning /daily/, time to help my sister move for the 4th time this year with no thank you.
hahahahahaha kill me

>>69989860
Wait what? Literally find 1 post where I'm complaining about shitposting in a non joking manner.

>>69991299
IT MATTERS TO ME
HUMANS HOO-RAH!
>>
>>69993451
>i'm not australian
if ur being ironic or something, 2co but I'd say you're relevant
>>
Listened to Hell Driver today. Interesting album. I wish more tracks were more like that the first track; the urban "outsider looking in" feeling through field recordings was great. Not sure how I feel about the two monster dark ambient tracks.

Anyone know what song was sampled during the first track?

>>69992929

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/claudia_thompson/goodbye_to_love/
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/%D1%8F%D0%BD%D0%BA%D0%B0/%D1%81%D1%82%D1%8B%D0%B4-%D0%B8-%D1%81%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BC/
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/the_gerogerigegege/hell_driver/
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/fra_lippo_lippi/in_silence/
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/judee_sill/heart_food/

Good memes for the avant-sadperson.
>>
File: 1350709318126.jpg (30KB, 576x416px) Image search: [Google]
1350709318126.jpg
30KB, 576x416px
>mfw going to a new years eve party tomorrow that is just going to be me, gf and her parents
FUUUUUCKKKK just found out about it today and had to buy presents asap

Gonna try and review that 4 CD Jandek live show now.
>>
File: Tuco.png (1KB, 95x30px) Image search: [Google]
Tuco.png
1KB, 95x30px
>>69993451
JANGLE YOU CANADIAN FUCK
>>
>>69993626
Im Vinter you fuccboi
>>
File: me.png (64KB, 266x198px) Image search: [Google]
me.png
64KB, 266x198px
>>69993753

(not me tho)
>>
>>69993809
o shit boi

ur le Discord founder so ur never irrelevant in the eyes of memes
>>
>>69991910
how do you find this
>>
need like 66 more sad recs
>>
>>69994193
Giles Corey - s/t
David Thomas Broughton - The Complete Guide to Insufficiency
Anything from Leonard Cohen
Songs: Ohia - Didn't it rain
>>
>>69994144
auto recs, latest
>>
>>69994193
Jandek - Manhattan Tuesday
>>
>>69994193
Yung Lean - Unknown Death 2002
>>
>>69994270
nice thanks

pretty sure no one has a reason to guess me
>>
>>69994374
looks like thomas i guess
>>
>>69993084
good album
>>
>>69994724
>>69994374
imma guess Darklands
>>
File: Brooklyn.jpg (79KB, 597x599px) Image search: [Google]
Brooklyn.jpg
79KB, 597x599px
>Jandek - Brooklyn Wednesday

A 2-night performance from the rep captured across 4 CDs. Both shows feature Sterling on guitars, Matt Heyner on bass/double bass, Chris Corsano on drums.

The first show has Jandek playing a funny cheap-looking metal guitar in 2 modes of slow and fast-paced strums. Personally I thought it was reminiscent of stuff like European Jewel. I have a feeling that both Corsano and Heyner managed to capture the essence of Jandek’s playing particularly well with how incredibly fluid their rhythm sections are against Sterling. They just move around his style without interfering and it is wonderful.

The second show felt like it had way more tension that was prevalent on the Manhattan Tuesday recording. Heyner plays the double bass and Rep plays a Godin fretless nylon-stringed hollow body. They do get loud on City Pounding Down, but for the most part it is mellow and mid-paced soundscapes. This show is probably my favourite of the two because of the tension mentioned above with Heyner and Corsano (at times) extracting dissonant tones out of their tools to compliment Jandek’s wounded confessions. In terms of the more modern era, that is where Jandek has been the most impressive so far for me.

The lyrical section on both shows deals with the classical themes. Sterling brought some great lyrics out that venture somewhere in between sheer simplicity and occasional metaphysical complications. Obscure Physics was my definite favourite with simple blues thrown into overcomplicated lyrics. My usual favourite from him.

A bit too much material, but it was solid overall. I think this line up is benefiting from the absence of Loren Connors, but the song-nature of the shows rather than a single piece made me enjoy it just a bit less.

7+/10
>>
New project, rate, hate and stuff like that. Thanks in advance!

https://clyp.it/fq3oul1c
>>
This >>69992572 was me

>>69992616
Oh yes you were right
>>
>>69994975
>>69994724
no!!! think newer
>>
shit it's so hard to come back home and act like you're not high
>>
File: topsters2.jpg (159KB, 1827x756px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2.jpg
159KB, 1827x756px
>>69981663
A really small one and also my first one as I'm pretty new to "really" listening to music.
>>
>>69995745
Hello hope you'll enjoy your journey you have a long street to walk :)
>>
File: Screenshot_20161230-142526.png (120KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161230-142526.png
120KB, 1080x1920px
>>
Blammo
>>
>>69995846
what /first/?
>>
>>69995846
>>69995877
Drake - Take Care
>>
>>69995877
Hell driver if you want something good
69 love songs if you want something bad
>>
>>69995877
>>69995923
Unknown Death for both sorta
>>
>>69995617
then don't get high in situations where you have to hide it. shit makes you paranoid yo
>>69995846
so much shit i need to hear but still haven't
>>
>>69995846
tuco u alright bud

so much good shit on there though, check out america or you got my mind messed up first.
>>
POST AOTYs BOYZ
>>
>>69995846
>no one gave him songs of pain
Wow

>>69994988
Did you get the new Jandek? Was thinking about buying it but I thought you'd up it if you had it
>>
>>69996176
>Did you get the new Jandek? Was thinking about buying it but I thought you'd up it if you had it
I am not getting it till I reach it chronologically.
>>
>>69996176
>>no one gave him songs of pain
I have heard that particular DJ Mixtape
>>
>>69996185
Oh okay. What's the point of listening to them chronologically? They're live recordings!

Also what the hell happened to (You)s now there's this dumb ass dotted line instead who thought this was okay

>>69996147
The slide is cute what's it sound like
>>
File: aoty2016.jpg (144KB, 1372x756px) Image search: [Google]
aoty2016.jpg
144KB, 1372x756px
>>69995846
this is just a good sad core chart

>>69996147
is that grouper album worth a listen?
>>
>>69996222
>Oh okay. What's the point of listening to them chronologically? They're live recordings!
I know. No idea why. Just wanted to see how they relate to his studio albums I guess.
>The slide is cute what's it sound like
Merzbow playing soft noise over an old Japanese lady's piano performance. Jim O'Rourke mixing it in a coherent mix without Akita's noise drowning everything as it usually happens.
>>
>>69996262
>is that grouper album worth a listen?
It's a short single. If you want to hear minimalist concept of Ruins + guitars from her older stuff, then yes.
>>
>>69996222
Hiroshima removed them because people were annoyed by the (you) meme
I believe you can re-enable them for yourself if you enter a code in the options window, but there's nothing on the internet insofar that has told me how to do this
>>
>>69996147
Grouper thingy is officially 2017 if you care about stupid semantics
>>
>>69996286
>because people were annoyed by the (you) meme
People are annoyed by 4chan why doesn't he remove that instead

>>69996267
>Merzbow playing soft noise over an old Japanese lady's piano performance. Jim O'Rourke mixing it in a coherent mix without Akita's noise drowning everything as it usually happens
that sounds amazing gonna listen to it soon
>>
>>69996342
>this sounds amazing

Yup, can confirm.
>>
>>69996342
There is also percussion improv from Eiko, which is also pretty nice. I think it was one of the better Akita collabs in my recent memory. Then again, I haven't listened to all the shit he released cause of how fucking unnoticed these limited releases are.
>>
File: 1472076006098.jpg (173KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1472076006098.jpg
173KB, 960x960px
>>69996147

T U V A
U
V
A
>>
File: topsters2 (36).png (740KB, 1688x1538px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2 (36).png
740KB, 1688x1538px
>>69996147
well i'm still doing a catch-up at the moment but i suppose this is my top 40

is that rolling stones album really that good?
>>
>>69996340
I don't :)
>>
>>69996488
It's Chicago blues covers. For me that's really great.
>>
File: AOTY.jpg (390KB, 5022x1660px) Image search: [Google]
AOTY.jpg
390KB, 5022x1660px
>>69996147
fairly normie picks I know, need to do a catchup
>>
File: 2016 favourites v2.png (2MB, 2087x1040px) Image search: [Google]
2016 favourites v2.png
2MB, 2087x1040px
>>69996147
it was a nice year
>>69993116
yeey! your taste is difficult, I'll think of something
>>
>>69996518
hmm i should check it out then
>>
yo this cover made my night
>>
File: FACK THE HULK HOGAN.jpg (54KB, 960x575px) Image search: [Google]
FACK THE HULK HOGAN.jpg
54KB, 960x575px
>>69996694
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZLGqHyeX-s
fuck me sideways
>>
>>69996713
>>69996694
I remember that!Gira sounds so out of place.
>>
>>69996713
Man that cover was so funny, but I think if would've made more sense if they covered joy division, since both jamie and gira suck them off so hard

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y20QMaR1d-g
Here's gira doing joy division btw its kinda funny
>>
>>69997050
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp017Crrx7I

look at him trying to be Kurt Cobain so badly
>>
>>69997071
>>69997050
I do actually prefer this cover to the original, which may or may not constitute heresy
>>
>>69997071
>look at him trying to be Kurt Cobain so badly
i thought this was gonna be a nirvana cover by swans and i got so excited

this is a pretty funny attemptt at being cobain though lol
>>
File: 1475158582632.jpg (37KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1475158582632.jpg
37KB, 480x480px
>>69997071

>The Swans
>>
File: 2016.png (1MB, 2632x2400px) Image search: [Google]
2016.png
1MB, 2632x2400px
>>69995846
Damn, there's some good shit on here, enjoy!

But you give 808s more than a 2, we can't be friends :0

>>69996147
Warning: It's poorly formatted and pleb AF
>>
>>69997159
just realised that this is from 1988
which makes Cobain even more of a hack

>>69997185
yeah, they fucked up
>>
>>69996147
me
>>
>>69997369
you

need to download that Evans record
>>
Nat Drone.png
1MB, 3175x1835px
Blackout - Dreamworld
>Memphis hip-hop, Horrorcore

Hooooly shit this is so good. Some of the hardest, darkest beats I’ve heard in Memphis hip-hop.
The production on here is unreal, it definitely lives up to its name. Beats are menacing, dreamy and paint one of the coolest atmospheres I’ve heard in the genre. It’s quite similar to Three Six/DJ Paul’s production, with lots of repetitive, catchy hooks and these ominous piano/synth loops. The rapping isn’t too shabby, as Playa Posse hops on for some tight verses. The intro in particular is awesome - the sampling reminds me a lot of “Liquid Swords”. Outstanding on all fronts. Definitely recommended if you want to get into this style.

4.5/5

Great start to Nat's drone
>>
File: 40 More Albums.png (2MB, 2604x1800px) Image search: [Google]
40 More Albums.png
2MB, 2604x1800px
Eberhard Weber - The Colours of Chloë (1974)
>jazz fusion, chamber jazz, third stream

Very interesting, chilled-out take on fusion. There's absolutely no guitar, which separates it from pretty much the entire genre of fusion, and there's a shockingly small amount of percussion, which /really/ separates it from the rest of the genre. The album's unique sound is very minimalistic, very sparse, and astoundingly pretty, albeit a bit static and uneventful. All of the pieces are more collections of sounds rather than real structured pieces, which does work well sometimes (I love the repeated bass riff on "No Motion Picture"), but it left me craving for something more substantial. Incredibly pretty, incredibly well performed, and a good album, but ultimately a bit too structureless, and not in a very good way

3.0-
>>
>>69998402
fuck yeah! i knew you'd love it.
>>
>>69998519
good review
are you finally getting into Onkyo? ive been diving in the genre a lot recently and its great, what do you like from the genre?
>>
File: booklet_014.jpg (2MB, 5057x2506px) Image search: [Google]
booklet_014.jpg
2MB, 5057x2506px
>>69997797
s'good stuff
>>
>>69998664
i'm absolutely clueless about it save for Taku Sugimoto's Opposite, which I really like. i'd like to get more into it though, anything you think i'd like?
>>
Still need an EP from Termi and Nyar
>>
terminus give me your recs
>>
Tourney V.png
2MB, 3870x3790px
Chrome - Half Machine Lip Moves (rym robot man) vs Bill Evans & Jim Hall - Undercurrent (s)
Chrome's pretty good, bit inconsistent at times though. Nice use of industrial.
Cool smooth jazz by smurm, I need more of this actually, it's a great music for doing studies. I liked the presence of the guitar on this one.

Swans - Children Of God (rym robot man) vs Simon Bookish - Everything/Everything (ricebeansandegg)
I actually didn't expect a lot from Simon Bookish, but it's not bad. I actually think he has a decent voice, lyrics are okay too. Not very diverse though.
Children Of God is a great album, maybe too much Swans for me, so I'm not going to go deeper into this, I'll just say I liked it a lot.

I gotta hand it to humans, they kinda tried and their average performance is better than on a regular tourney. Here are the ratings:
1) Shamepai (9~)
2) Tuco (8+)
3) Torts / Letov (8~)
4) Jangle / s (8-)
5) Transgod (7+)
6) Terminus / EthyBoy (7~)
7) theSound / tripup / justok / FlyingIceWizard (7-)
8) Rodriguez / Jimmy Jazz / ricebeansandegg (6+)
9) co (6~)
10) sobbing (5-)
11) chmod177 (2~)

9 highest rated humans are advancing: Shamepai, Tuco, Torts, Letov, Jangle, s, Transgod, Terminus, EthyBoy. 10th spot is an object of dispute (a tie) between theSound, tripup, justok and FlyingIceWizard. They can rec an ep to try and claim the spot.
>>
>>69999200
since I have a place can I rec now?
>>
File: Cover.jpg (50KB, 500x453px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
50KB, 500x453px
>>69999200
Rec:
Ensemble Dastan & Salar Aghili - The Endless Ocean
>>
>>69999200
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B6%D0%B4%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%8F_%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B0/%D1%80%D1%83%D1%81%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B5_%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%B5_%D1%8D%D0%BA%D1%81%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%B2/
>>
>>69999255
Sure, if you have a trip
>>69999278
You already recd that for the drone
>>
>>69999200
The Pyramids - They Play To Make The Music Fire! compilation
>>
>>69999200
Jim O'Rourke - Halfway to a Threeway
>>
>>69999296
>>69999325
you got it

>>69999345
heard
>>
>>69999376
can i rec something?
>>
>>69999394
You can, but you're not going to be in the tourney
>>
File: Cover.jpg (47KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
47KB, 600x600px
>>69999298
:^) this shit again jeez just listen to it again :^)

I mean *cough* uh my rec is yeah that's what I meant

Doug Snyder & Bob Thompson - Daily Dance
>>
>>69999444
:/

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/mohammad_hussain_sarahang/%D1%83%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%B4_%D0%BC%D0%BE%D1%85%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%BC%D0%B0%D0%B4_%D1%85%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%81%D0%B5%D0%B9%D0%BD_%D1%81%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%85%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B3__live_in_samarkand_79_/
>>
>>69999454
I am not going to listen to something I already heard recently. And you should realize it's not fair to rec smth I already rated high.
Thanks
>>
>>69999376
Rema-Rema - Wheel in the Roses
>>
>>69999200
Mahavishnu Orchestra - The Inner Mounting Flame
>>
backlog.png
1MB, 2770x1680px
Tim Hecker - Ravedeath, 1972
>Ambient, Drone

Not sure how describe it but this is a great ambient album. It feels very textured and I often got caught in the little loops and details he throws in. There’s lots of feedback and weird noisy sound effects, which work well when paired with the weird synth/piano sections. It feels quite similar to GSYBE! at times honestly. Has a nice haunting atmosphere and seems fantastic for background listening and thinking.

3.5/5

>>69998550
Yeah, it's phenomenal, glad I checked it out first
>>
File: Cover.jpg (47KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
47KB, 600x600px
>>69999200
>Smooth
When it's done right it's called cool jazz actually :^)
>I need more of this
Their other collaboration, Undercurrent. Other than that take a look their respective discographies. Concierto for Jim Hall, and for Bill Evans his Village Vanguard records, Waltz for Debby and Sunday at the Village. Other than that, this record has a similar mood too, and the guitar playing is varied and great.
I don't know whether to recommend one of these for the tourney or think of something else.
>>
File: 20130220-0003.png (842KB, 800x1111px) Image search: [Google]
20130220-0003.png
842KB, 800x1111px
also somebody rec me some met0l music
>>
>>70000000
And
>>69999999

Sorry
>>
>>70000547
It's fucking Kpop every goddamn time
>>
>>70000372
I did call it cool first tho
Actually, I'll add it on the wishlist, but you can't rec it for the tourney, there's a rule >>69993322
>>
File: hm.jpg (2MB, 1418x1408px) Image search: [Google]
hm.jpg
2MB, 1418x1408px
>>70000577
This then. Great study music too.
>>
File: topsters2.png (1MB, 2989x1680px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2.png
1MB, 2989x1680px
anyone listened to this ? http://www.adultswim.com/music/noise/

>>69996147
mine
>>
>>70000997
No but I should, seems shite tho.
>>
File: 1464835120100.png (249KB, 887x1191px) Image search: [Google]
1464835120100.png
249KB, 887x1191px
>>69991023
Guess not
>>69992783
yeah nah I can't into noisecore, the rest is very plausible
>>69993116
The piper score is probably the most WEW thing I've seen in a while

"Droney" I feel like I could apply to any other PF album, just not Piper.
>>69996147
lemme rustle up a list real quick
>>69996262
Jerry Paper and Clear Spot look intriguing. Never heard of the latter before. Been putting off listening to the Jefre Cantu-Ledesma album for a while too
>>
File: topsters2 (4).jpg (261KB, 2412x756px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2 (4).jpg
261KB, 2412x756px
>>69996147
Haven't listened to a whole lot, but here tis
>>
>>69999200

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/various_artists_f2/music_of_nat_pwe__folk_and_pop_music_of_myanmar_vol__3/
>>
File: 1483041776793.png (203KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
1483041776793.png
203KB, 500x363px
plug

>https://plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

get in
>>
>>69999200
ep rec: telstar drugs - endless straight
>>
>>70001548
clear spot is telstar drugs's frontman's anco ripoff solo project which i happen to enjoy a great deal
>>
>>70002156
no, it's a cpt beefheart album shut up
>>
>>70002504
>cpt beef heart
literally whom?
>>
>>69999200
So it's true, shamepai really has the taste
>>
>>70002784

Avant-weebs always have the best taste. The RYM tastemakers are almost exclusively weebs.
>>
im curious
>>69999999
>>70000000
>>
Essential music where a suzuki omnichord (or comparable instrument) is one of the main sounds?

like those few adventure time songs.
(For example "I'm Just Your Problem"
i'm looking for more like that.
>>
>>70003043

Camwhore advertising herself and K-Pop

No surprises
>>
>>70003061
jesus christ that was fucking terrible
>>
>>70003082

Still not as bad as the time some Canadian on /pol/ posted some fedora-tier statement about a cute girl in a pic and got a huge GET, then apologized repeatedly
>>
Nat Drone.png
1MB, 3175x1835px
Rema-Rema - Wheel in the Roses (EP)
>Post-punk, noise rock, industrial

I’m not too heavy into any of the genres listed above but considering all the praise I’d heard, I figured I’d try it out. It’s only about 20 minutes but it still manages to pack a punch in a short period. The tracks are all noisy as hell, with massive layers of distortion, repetitive bass lines and chaotic little guitar riffs. Pretty typical stuff for this style.

The drumming is really what keeps this together though. There’s a definite pulsing (sometimes even upbeat) drum rhythm on most of these tracks that popped out at me through all the dissonance. I’m not usually too fond of the vocals on these kind of releases but I guess it only adds to the atmosphere. The combination of the drumming and weird, dissonant guitar work is fascinating to say the least and leads to one of the cooler post-punk atmospheres I’ve heard. I could see this growing on me over time.

For now, 3.5/5
>>
>>69993672

Oh wait, I'm dumb. It's a Julee Cruise song. I knew it sounded super familiar.
>>
>>70002708
go fuck a tbone mate
>>
smhsmh
>>
>>70000000
>>
>>69999999
>>
>>1
>>
File: 2_more_qt_piggers.jpg (304KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2_more_qt_piggers.jpg
304KB, 1280x720px
Did the move had a few beers what the fug do you want.

>>69996147
Literally only heard 16 albums this year lmao, weakest in the last 5+ years, yet I've probably heard more music this year than any other.
I guess Bear or Nick Cave since I gave everything else 3.0 or less.

>>69998519
Agree mostly but a little too harsh. I like Yellow Fields much more, and Silent Feet is at least as good if you're intrigued.

>>69998402
I love when your reviews start with an exasperated 'hooooolyyyy shiiittt' ;^)
>>
>>70005193
>exasperated
Wrong word, not sure what I was shooting for, fuck off I had a few.
>>
File: Sensational.png (163KB, 409x302px) Image search: [Google]
Sensational.png
163KB, 409x302px
>>70005193
>Someone actually likes my reviews

Also lol yeah, I was confused there for a sec.
>>
>>70005355
Psst. I read most reviews.
Don't tell Hampus though.
:^)
>>
>>70005612

Grumpus*
>>
File: EP chart.png (945KB, 963x807px) Image search: [Google]
EP chart.png
945KB, 963x807px
>Basic Channel - Quadrant Dub
Far too minimalistic for my tastes. I can see how this could be a holy grail for some.

To me, it literally sounded like being outside of a club that is playing loud music while you tinker with some high-hats.
Though, someone did describe this EP as being negative space music, and I thought that was kind of a neat idea.
Also, it's worth mentioning that it came out in '94, so it was quite ahead of its time.

Anyway, I was intrigued and thought fuck it, I'll check out their other EP
>Basic Channel - Phylyps Trak
since it's short and is well rated. Well, I'm glad I did because it is exactly what I want out of Dub Techno. Energetic but dark and slightly abrasive. Slightly off beat yet still converging in all the right places.
And that beat... unf. This EP is much, MUCH better and way more my style. It's gonna be a new favorite for sure.
>>
File: pampered_pigger.png (479KB, 491x503px) Image search: [Google]
pampered_pigger.png
479KB, 491x503px
>>70005725
(that Buckley score is abhorrent btw)
>>
>>70005725
just an fyi the Lyot Rmx single is the best Basic Channel release
>>
>>70005808
Call it shit taste, but I cannot into singer/songwriters at all.
I care about instrumentation more than anything, and I always find that vocals have little impact on my enjoyment of music.
With these types of albums, all the focus is put on the vocal performance and I find everything else to be quite bland.
If its any consolation, this is one of my favorite singer/songwriter records because of the bongos and Hallucinations/Troubadour is an awesome song.

>>70005916
I'll check it out.
>>
>>70005940
>Call it shit taste
ok

Do you care for lyrics at all or are you mostly interested in instrumental performance?
>>
File: Fine.png (261KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
Fine.png
261KB, 500x381px
>>70005612
Boo, I thought I was getting a compliment

>>70005808
I was going to complain about that REM score as well but I remembered no one in this general likes them :/
>>
You will find a spring on your left in Hades’ halls
and by it the cypress with its luminous sheen.
Do not go near this spring or drink its water.
You will find another, cold water flowing from
Memory’s lake; its guardians stand before it.
Say: “I am a child of Earth and starry Heaven,
But descended from Heaven; you yourselves know this.
I am parched with thirst and dying: quickly, give me
the cool water flowing from Memory’s lake.”
And they will give you water from the sacred spring
and then you will join the heroes at their rites.
>>
>>70006043
I do care for lyrics somewhat, but I am much more interested in instrumental performance.
For example, The Ape of Naples is one of my favorite albums and has very effective lyrics and vocals.
They are simple, memorable, and high in the mix.
I don't care for lyrics that tell me a story or paint me a detailed picture. I find it hard to focus on and absorb what the artist is telling me over the music.
I feel that emotion and meaning is much better conveyed to me through the instrumentation or the vocal performance itself, instead of the content of the lyrics.

>>70006212
Honestly thought that REM album was good and catchy, just wished that it didn't sound so same-y. It also suffers from my issues with music as explained above.
>>
>>70006212
Your reviews are good lad, punchy and to the pint.
>>
>>70006251
so was that a poem after all
>>
What's everyone doing for new years?
I'm gonna cook a paella then throw bottles off my roof
>>
>>70006305
>pint
lmfao, freudian slip?
>>
>>70006317

get drunk and masturbate

it's tradition
>>
>>70006309
idk why I formatted it so strangely to be honest
>>
>>70006236
Someone just finished their history homework

>>70006251
Yeah, that's a pretty common complaint for REM, especially in that era. I have a huge bias though, my dad used to play their stuff constantly when I was younger so it's probably a nostalgia thing.

>>70006305
Thanks bud, I appreciate it :)
>>
>>70006386
i thought so but i felt like being petty :{}
>>
File: collage.jpg (474KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
collage.jpg
474KB, 1250x1250px
So, how was your year /daily/?
Post last 12 month
>>
File: yearinreview(itwasshite).jpg (454KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
yearinreview(itwasshite).jpg
454KB, 1250x1250px
>>70006408
That's not a bad thing. Nostalgia plays a huge factor in enjoying music, and is arguably why vaporwave and other similar genres took off.

>>70006420
I don't blame you

>>70006664
idk how tlop is on here lol
also I don't scrobble from my phone so this is wayy skewed but for the most part its accurate
>>
File: collage (3).jpg (1MB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
collage (3).jpg
1MB, 1250x1250px
>>70006664
'ere
it's like this and like that
mostly a good year, got p shit towards the end tho i guess
>>70006712
tlop's fun hecc
>>
File: collage (1).jpg (436KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
collage (1).jpg
436KB, 1250x1250px
>>70006664
Pretty good! Surprised The Realness isn't higher, everything else seems about right though.
>>
2016 Chart 2.png
1MB, 1680x1745px
Levitation Room - Ethos (2016)
>garage rock, psychedelic rock

Modern day psych garage in the school of Ty Segall and Thee Oh Sees, but missing the raw energy and talent that propels the best work by these artists. I may say this all the time, but every track here really does sound almost identical. They're all enjoyable enough with some nice guitar parts (even though one seems to keep getting repeated over and over again), but they're all derivative as hell and the album brings absolutely nothing new or interesting to the table. If you like the style, it's worth a listen, but otherwise it's almost entirely worthless.

Matmos - Ultimate Care II (2016)
>IDM, musique concrète, glitch

Strictly from a musical perspective, it's a fun but forgettable glitchy IDM release. There are some exceptional highlights, like the pounding, heavy ninth excerpt, but otherwise it seems content with retreading a lot of the same territory: watery soundscapes and thumping industrial noises. When you take into account just how this album was made, it gets a lot cooler and more impressive, but nothing can take away from the faults of the piece itself. It really is super interesting how this was made. It's certainly gimmicky, but interesting and impressive nonetheless. Technically interesting with some moments of musical genius, but otherwise a bit musically tedious.

2.5+

>>70005193
i've got em both downloaded, i'll check em out.

>>70005725
phylyps trak is probably the best ep of all time

>>70005808
even when my freeform chart dies the buckley scores still live on
>>
>>70006830
>muddy waters
ayy i got a slight problem
>>
>>70006846
>even when my freeform chart dies the buckley scores still live on
It still stings man :(

Also calling a 2.0+ on new swans.
>>
File: collage-1.jpg (1MB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
collage-1.jpg
1MB, 1250x1250px
>>70006731
Hmm, artist one is interesting
I should probably listen to Arca
>>70006712
Ye, mine only scribbles half of what I play as well
But it's close enough
I never heard of M Sage, how is that album?
>>
>>70006899
i'll make sure to give dream letter a listen on this one, i bet i'll like it.

and you might be right. I used to really love TBK but its appeal is kinda waning and i've heard this is supposed to be weaker.
>>
>>70006846
for sure, it's up there with halfway to a threeway and uneven compromise in terms of replayability

>>70006907
It's a plunderphonics/glitch record using jazz samples.
Highly recommended if you're a fan of OPN or that style of music in general.
>>
backlog.png
1MB, 2770x1680px
Alright... Imma keep going with these reviews

Oliver Nelson - The Blues and The Abstract Truth
>Cool Jazz, Post-Bop

By the looks of this lineup, this should be an unreal album. I mean, Dolphy, Evans and Hubbard on every track? What a combo. For some portions, this really is great. “Stolen Moments” is an awesome cool jazz track, “Hoe Down” has a nice mix of hard bop and slightly avant-garde passages. There’s also some great solos on “Yearnin”. But for the most part, this is shockingly streaky. There’s moments where it feels like their they each try to cram their own favorite style of jazz into the song and it gets a bit clunky.

For a lot of jazz fans, this could result in the coolest record out there but to me, it ultimately ends up feeling disappointing. Still enjoyable all around but not as good as I was hoping.

3/5

>>70006874
Love all of Muddy Waters man, that track, "Whatevah Man" and "Do What Ya Feel" are awesome.
>>
File: collage (3).jpg (415KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
collage (3).jpg
415KB, 1250x1250px
>>70006907
Artist one is cool too
>>
>>69998976
One of these:
Animal collective & vashti bunyan- prospect hummer
Or, if you want a shorter listen
Destroyer (with tim hecker and loscil) - archer on the beach
>>
2016 Chart 2.png
1MB, 1680x1745px
Idris Ackamoor The Pyramids - We Be All Africans (2016)
>spiritual jazz

The first four tracks are insane, my god. "Silent Days" might drag a bit, but I don't think I've ever heard anything funkier that falls on the "jazz" spectrum in my entire life. The grooves are very idiosyncratic, but they work perfectly, and "Rhapsody in Berlin" is probably one of the best tracks of the year. It explodes into a heavy cacophony of bass and sax and percussion but it still seems so subtle and groovy, it's a wonderful track. The remaining three tracks are a big step down. They're alright certainly, but forgettable and not as wonderfully groovy as the first four tracks. All together, a really damn good album.

3.0+
>>
File: pig-75381_1920.jpg (417KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
pig-75381_1920.jpg
417KB, 1920x1280px
>>70006943
>>70006943
>i'll make sure to give dream letter a listen on this one, i bet i'll like it.
PIG RELATED !!!!
>>
File: topsters2.png (325KB, 1680x756px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2.png
325KB, 1680x756px
2016 post
>>
File: collage.jpg (502KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
collage.jpg
502KB, 1250x1250px
last week post
>>
>>70007676
>>70007636
who are you
>>
File: Hyperborean selfie.jpg (56KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Hyperborean selfie.jpg
56KB, 960x960px
>>
>>70007780
the big boy
>>
>>70007676

Has there been a single week within the last year where there was no Siekiera, Fishmans or Blind Willie Johnson?
>>
>>70007802
Siekiera yes BWJ maybe Fishmans no
>>
>>70007793

Is that HHH? He looks very masculine. He looked like a twink just a couple years ago.
>>
File: LOCAL_PIGGER.png (371KB, 486x330px) Image search: [Google]
LOCAL_PIGGER.png
371KB, 486x330px
>>70007819
entire buckley discog when
>>
>>70007793
this is the one pic where HHH doesn't look like he's about to start crying because his forehead is about to become sentient and will no longer need him anymore

>>70007930
I haven't heard any albums after starsailor, Honeyman, Folklore Center, or his Peel Sessions. Are any of his comps/bootlegs or other "extras" worth it?
>>
>>70008247
oh shit (you)'s are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blue Obsession is alright, Works in Progress are cool if you're into seeing his musical developments as a lot of songs are very different, Boboquivari is awesome but just watch My Fleeting House, I enjoyed the Santa Monica bootleg show for the live Starsailor stuff but the audio quality is atrocious... aside from that it's mostly stuff released elsewhere.
The new 'album' Lady Give Me Your Key is great early folk sketches.
...and if you find a download for Happy Mad or buy it for me on discogs I'll suk yo dik ;^)
>>
>>70008384
also I posted all this on sharethreads so you can grab it there
>>
>>69999200
Piglet - Lava Land
>>
>>70007417
Til william tyler is a poser and other Primitivism dudes kinda hate him
>>
File: 51etKFVLlYL.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51etKFVLlYL.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
Kraftwerk - Trans Europe Express (1977)

>Electronic, synthpop

Kraftwerk proved with this album that electronic can do anything rock music can, and maybe better. It's emotional than their next album would be (The Man-Machine) but not as interesting. The mood here ranges from progressive to haunting and unsettling. However, the album is often unnecessarily repetitive, and despite there being technically 8 tracks, there's really only 4 unique ones.

3.5/5

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/FollowingLeader/daily/
>>
File: PicsArt_12-31-12.12.19.jpg (526KB, 1717x1821px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_12-31-12.12.19.jpg
526KB, 1717x1821px
Alan Wilson biography + John Fahey's thesis paper on Charley Patton
c^:
>>
File: holidrop.jpg (400KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
holidrop.jpg
400KB, 1920x1920px
a holiday present for Drop:

https://mega.nz/#F!pkFgXBxZ!AhStOksW6uv3lyJsD8tO4g
>>
>>70008384
tvm pigger Ɛ>
>>
File: 40 More Albums.png (2MB, 2604x1800px) Image search: [Google]
40 More Albums.png
2MB, 2604x1800px
The Mountain Goats - Zopilote Machine (1994)
>singer/songwriter, lo-fi indie, indie folk

A collection of throwaway tracks. Darnielle is not on the top of his game here, making for an album of unmemorable tracks that lack the lyrical and melodic prowess usually expected from the Mountain Goats. The sound of the album is very nice, I love the tone of the guitar, and "Going to Georgia" is an exceptional song, but as a whole this isn't doing much for me.

2.0+

>>70008563
not shocking, desu, he's got a really clean sound that's super far removed from most other primitivism. and he was in lambchop, so that probably knocks him down a few pegs.

where'd you find this out?

>>70008682
very jelly of the patton thesis. wilson bio looks cool, my uncle just gave me an original pressing of Boogie w/ Canned Heat because the producer of it is in the family. i gotta check it out.
>>
>>70007793
yes i follow him aswell, very cute
>>70008813
wow this is very kind
>>
>>70002784
damn straight.
>>
>>70002784
Getting lucky =/= having taste
>>
File: collage.jpg (504KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
collage.jpg
504KB, 1250x1250px
>>70006664
>>70006907
onion on Twin Fantasy and favorite choons from it?
>>70006712
>Neon Genesis Evangelion
meme af
>>70006731
I still don't get The Motifs praise desu. I mean, the comp is good but it ain't that great. Oh well, just my onion.
>>70006830
hip-hope
>>70007143
damn man what Coltrane did you listen to

none of em showed up on your album 5x5 so that's interesting
>>
File: collage.jpg (466KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
collage.jpg
466KB, 1250x1250px
>>70007676
I seriously don't think I'll ever meet a Fishmemes fan as big as you
>>
backlog.png
1MB, 2770x1680px
Okay, last review for a bit.

The Beach Boys - 20/20
>Baroque Pop, Psychedelic Pop

Yet another Beach Boys album in the midst of Brian Wilson’s mental breakdown. I actually enjoy most of their albums from this period, Friends and Wild Honey in particular. For some reason, I love their relatable, almost childish lyrics and the lo-fi production. This is kinda similar but it’s probably the weakest of the bunch and maybe the worst I’ve heard from them.

There are some great moments, such as “I Can Hear Music”, “Time to Get Alone” “Cabinessence” (holy shit, I forgot about this) but they’re far too rare on an album this short. It feels like they’re just digging at the bottom of the barrel at some points. “All I Want to Do” in particular is absolutely heinous in every way imaginable, with Mike Love belting over a corny ‘50s rock riff. Ugh.

It’s still the Beach Boys so I enjoyed some of it... but far too much of this went in one ear and out the other.

2.5/5

>>70008648
What's up man? You should post more often and maybe even set up a tripcode :) Curious to see what you dive into in the future
>>
File: collage.jpg (471KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
collage.jpg
471KB, 1250x1250px
i can't stop listening to Spiritual Unity. Paging co, i listened to Eddie Gale's Ghetto Music, It had some amazing moments but i find It to be not of my taste. Gonna do some relistens to It to make my mind
>>70007676
fishmans is always there
sicc
>>70009342
sweet shit
>>
File: Trane.png (95KB, 809x631px) Image search: [Google]
Trane.png
95KB, 809x631px
>>70009302
>damn man what Coltrane did you listen to

Pretty much everything lol. He's become one of my favorite artists so I spent the last year diving into everything I hadn't already heard. Still haven't finished, I just got burnt out. Pic is the breakdown according to lastfm.

I also wrote a paper about him last year, so I dove into more of his material to talk about how he progressed throughout his career.
>>
>>70009483
did you listen to the full Hunting High and Low?

if so, how was it?
>>70009534
That's p sicc. How'd the paper go?
>>
>>69998738
well, if you liked Opposite i think that you should follow Sugimoto's discog. Hontatedori by Unami i think you would like but its not exactly Onkyo i guess. You dos dislike Atami, so i think some of the harsher albums are out of the question. Perhaps you will like Sachiko M & Otomo Yoshihide - Filament 1. Besides that, watch the Otomo Yoshihide redbull interview. one of the best things ive watched
>>
>>70009588
I've got some of Yoshihide's stuff downloaded, so I'll get on him first. thanks!.
>>
>>70009393

>What's up man? You should post more often and maybe even set up a tripcode :) Curious to see what you dive into in the future

Thanks, I just started /daily/, I'm actually >>69979833 this guy from yesterday. I'm having a good time so far, and I'm considering a trip.

However, I'm pretty entry level compared to most of you guys, but that's why I started /daily/ - I wanted to listen to more new music.

Here's to 365+ more ratings by the end of next year!

Also, are you the guy who added me on RYM?
>>
>>70009548
Went pretty well! Think I ended up getting a B+/A-. It was for a Race/Ethnicity in Art class so I ended up talking about how the phases of his career reflected different approaches/movements in civil rights.

Probably wasn't a very well written paper but it was cool to dive deeper into more of his material. Also, you'd be surprised at how many people have done in-depth studies of Giant Steps lol.

>>70009684
>I'm pretty entry level compared to most of you guys

Eh, you never know. People here are generally pretty cool about it either way.

>Also, are you the guy who added me on RYM?

I don't think so, here's my account though in case https://rateyourmusic.com/~woolite123

Anyway, hope you to see more of your reviews around here dude
>>
>>70009842
Sounds like a cool and interestin' paper. Saw yer Dreamworld rating btw. Wew lad dat praise.
>>
>>70009342
>I seriously don't think I'll ever meet a Fishmemes fan as big as you
probably not

btw I met someone irl who read my 98.12.28 translation a few weeks ago and that was really cool
>>
>>70009926
Aw man that sounds sicc. How'd you find out he read it and where the h*ck was this?
>>
>>70009914
>Sounds like a cool and interestin' paper.

Thanks man :)

>Saw yer Dreamworld rating btw. Wew lad dat praise.

Yeah, I'm a huge sucker for hip-hop, especially stuff from Memphis. I probably overrate some of those albums but oh well...
>>
>>70009996
I met the dude at a house show in my home town actually. My friends were talking about Fishmans and he told me he was just starting to get into Fishmans from a "website he was using" (either /mu/ or rym) and brought up how he was reading into the lyrics from that site. I was with a couple friends who knew about it and we thought it was pretty funny and I explained to him that I was responsible for that. I didn't get his profile and I haven't talked to him since but he seemed like a cool guy.
>>
>>70010227
ABORT, ABORT!
>>
Good Morning /daily/!

Still got a couple of hours to shitpost in this year, so let's make it count.

Gonna listen to something dank now.
>>
>>70010265
:{} ?
>>
>>70009684
>Also, are you the guy who added me on RYM?
That was me :)
>>
>>70010283
the music, you dunce!
>>
>>70010173
>be me
>type in Lil Ugly Mane in your profile
>see Uneven Compromise
>3.5
>"overrate"
puta

for real tho, what made ya give it that rating?
>>70010227
Ah that sounds like an ace experience. If ya meet him again, pls get his profile.
>>
>>70010295
I can't tell which one you are, I've gotten a few people adding me the past few hours. Speaking of which, thank you all for your hospitality.
>>
>>70010394
>>70010394
>>70010394
bagong tinapay <<< only trve Pinoys will get this

>>70010364
just so you know, I'm ~TEthearbiter
>>
>>70010364
i'm /~Eruditey, and no problem! We always like having new people :)
>>
Don't let this one die okay?

>>70010400
>>70010400
>>70010400

I even got dubs
>>
>>70010360
Uneven compromise is like the Tzusing of hip hop for /daily/, you fucking clueless plens!javascript:;
>>
File: collage.php.jpg (501KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
collage.php.jpg
501KB, 1250x1250px
>>70006664
i guess bottomless pit is AOTY, didn't think it was
i didn't think i listened to that TFF album that much
but the charts don't lie
>>70006712
what is it about that album with that guy wearing satin gloves or something, someone fill me in
>>70006731
dug'h
>>70009302
hey i didn't know you were into goregrind or what is that thing

>>70008648
what's a progressive mood?
>>
>>70010502
>dug'h
what
go to sleep niqqa
nice dancers
>>
>>70010502
>what's a progressive mood?

Usually some sort of loop or line that gives a sense of progression, think of something like Europe Endless or maybe Home by LCD Soundsystem.

Or the sountracks to SimCity or The Social Network.
>>
>>70009302
no the comp is great and ur just not good, and that is my onion
satie is quite good tho
>>
File: 1470634807291.jpg (62KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
1470634807291.jpg
62KB, 850x850px
>>70010534
i just woke up tho

its supposed to make a sound like thugga
>>
>>70010573
ohhh
maybe i should go to sleep then
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 101

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.