[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does anyone listen to this? Just sounds like a bunch of random

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

How does anyone listen to this? Just sounds like a bunch of random parts strung together
>>
>>69973873
>if it's random, i can't listen to it
>>
>>69973893
>>69973873
not random. a few songs definitely do have instruments playing more or less random rhythms and notes, or various instruments playing in different time signatures or tempos. that's only like three songs, though, and they're so short (and oftentimes these parts are even just 10 to 20 second sections that lead into sections that make sense) that it's very tolerable and even entertaining. his 'singing' can also be a little ahead or behind sometimes, but that can be tuned out.

you have to listen to each guitar's melody or rhythm, as well as the drums. if you listen carefully, you'll eventually see that the songs have shape and rhythm.
>>
File: mo.jpg (19KB, 500x449px) Image search: [Google]
mo.jpg
19KB, 500x449px
>random
>>
At first it seems like there's a lot happening, but it's a pretty simple album. To make up for the fact that at any time there's two guitars, a bass, and a drumset playing totally different things, the other aspects of each track like the structure, dynamics, and progression are very tame to make it all easy to digest. Not to mention that the mixing which I personally find flawed also makes it easier to listen to considering where all the other instruments are within the mix compared to the vocals.

Realize that phrases and themes are just being repeated kinda on purpose because the band didn't expect you to pick up on every part that's being played at once on your first time.
>>
File: dafuq 14.jpg (45KB, 488x447px) Image search: [Google]
dafuq 14.jpg
45KB, 488x447px
>>69973873
I want to hear someone defend the lyrical work on this album

>A squid eating dough in a poly-ethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?
>>
>>69974500
Mostly I think the lyrics are pretty fun, but then again I largely don't try to read into them.
>>
>>69974500
i think it might just word improvisation
>>
>>69974500
>listening to music for lyrical content
Fuck off, faggot. This is the AURAL medium, not the poetic one.
>>
>>69974500
there's a lot of very clear meaning behind many of the songs

Her lovin' make me so happy
If I smiled, I'd crack my chin
Her eyes are so peaceful, thinks it's heaven she been
Her skin is as smooth as the daisies
In the center where the sun shines in
Smiles as sweet as honey
Her teeth as clean as the combs where the bees go in
Who she walks flowers surround her
Let their nectar come into the air around her
She loves, her love sticks out like stars
Her lovin' stick out like stars

I cry but I can’t buy
Your Veteran’s Day poppy
It don’t get me high
It can only make me cry
It can never grow another
Son like the one who warmed me my days
After rain amd warmed my breath
My life’s blood
Screamin’ empty she cries
It don’t get me high
It can only make me cry
Your Veteran’s Day poppy

Grain grows rainbows up straw hill
Breaks my heart to see the highway cross the hill
Man lived a million years ‘n still he kills

Where a man can stand by another man
Without an ego flying
With no man lying
‘n’ no one dying by an earthly hand
Let the devils burn and the beggar learn
‘n’ the little girls that live in those old worlds
Take my kind hand
My smile is stuck
I cannot go back to your Frownland
I cannot go back to your Frownland
>>
>>69974678
>>69974500

these are a variety of songs by the way, not one.

When I get lonesome the wind begin t’ moan
When I trip fallin’ ditch
Somebody wanna’ throw the dirt right down
When I feel like dyin’ the sun come out
‘n stole m’ fear ‘n gone
Who’s afraid of the spirit with the bluesferbones
Who’s afraid of the fallin’ ditch
Fallin’ ditch ain’t gonna get my bones
How’s that for the spirit
How’s that for the things
Ain’t my fault the thing’s gone wrong
‘n when I’m smilin’ my face wrinkles up real warm
‘n when um frownin’ things just turn t’ stone
‘n when I get lonesome the wind begin t’ moan
>>
the only difficult thing about Trout Mask Replica is how it erratically jumps between different styles from free form blues to folk ramblings to avant-garde jazz vibes to whatever

I think the album actually flows quite well once you've listened to it enough to remember where it's going and can just groove along without being confused
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.