[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any bands in the vein of Godspeed You! Black Emperor's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: f#a#.jpg (8KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
f#a#.jpg
8KB, 220x220px
Are there any bands in the vein of Godspeed You! Black Emperor's more ambient and droney stuff? I'm looking for stuff that sounds more like Drugs in Tokyo/Black Helicopter and String Loop Manufactured During Downpour than anything else.
>>
File: NSB - The Winter Ray.jpg (3KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
NSB - The Winter Ray.jpg
3KB, 225x225px
Maybe natural snow buildings? Pic related probably sounds most like GY!BE
>>
>>69969706
I'm digging it.
>>
>>69968993
Bumping you for interest in post rock in general
>>
steve hillage
>>
start one :)
>>
File: HissTracts.jpg (1MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
HissTracts.jpg
1MB, 1500x1500px
>>69968993
Obviously HissTracts
>>
>>69968993
have a look at their offshoot bands like set fire to flames and fly pan am, or just any other band on constellation records.
>>
>>69972102
Read the fucking post man, He ask about band that do stuff in the vein of the drony parts of GY!BE.

The band you cited are completly unappropriate for the request. Who listen to Fly Pan Am btw, it's like musique concrete in worse.
>>
>>69972075
underrated post and project
>>
>>69972199
put the pipe down, anon
>>
but in all seriousness, OP, check out Silent Land Time Machine and even Tim Hecker
>>
>>69972199
please be bait because that's a retarded statement.
>>
>>69972322
what's so retarded ? I am for sure but I don't understand what you're talking about.
>>
>>69972387
first, "Who listen to Fly Pan Am btw, it's like musique concrete in worse." is not a complete thought. Unless that was a poetic choice to illustrate how whackey Fly Pan Am are. If that is the case, bravo. Really good stuff worthy of reflection. On a more serious note, Fly Pan Am is a terrific suggestion for OP. They're not too droney, but when they are, like on their second album, it's in a fun, grimy and atmospheric format.
>>
>>69972511
I get what you're saying. It's been a long time since i listened to them. But I'm checking it out again right now.
You were talking about Sédatif when you said their second album ?
I mean it's an interesting band with interesting music. For me it's not atmospheric or droney, more experimental and concrete.

I was sarcastic in my first post but still i think Fly Pan Am is in the category of experimental/concrete/noise and not anything else.
>>
>>69968993
dropping a bump because I'm interested too.
>>
>>69968993
Try Stars of the Lid, especially their first album.
>>
>>69968993
Bumping for interest.
>>
File: setfire.jpg (96KB, 600x559px) Image search: [Google]
setfire.jpg
96KB, 600x559px
Set Fire to Flames
>>
>>69975504
>>69972102
learn to read
>>
>>69975611
woops
>>
>>69975651
and for this discussion, their second album would be the best choice. Jeez, m8.
>>
swans - soundtracks for the blind
>>
File: MI0002163009.jpg (33KB, 400x391px) Image search: [Google]
MI0002163009.jpg
33KB, 400x391px
>>69969706
Came here to say this
This is the first time i've seen someone post an NSB album that wasn't The Dance
But that's their best album and way better than anything Godspeed has done, it's so utterly soul crushing that i can't listen to it very often

pic related should also do the trick
>>
File: 5322298.jpg (37KB, 297x300px) Image search: [Google]
5322298.jpg
37KB, 297x300px
>>69968993
This

Check out this album too
>>
>>69968993
Labradford's Prazision album is a good choice for that. Also Soundtracks for the Blind by Swans.

Labradford:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jBOSvp9SEs&ab_channel=NinoslavNovic

Swans:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTEEtNCgiWI

Modern Jester by Aaron Dilloway would probably be cool if you want the tape loops.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8G3gQ0Ssik&ab_channel=JunkieNurse
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.