[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a noise/electronic improv artist. AMA. Also can I g

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8

File: IMAG0804.jpg (88KB, 1650x1650px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0804.jpg
88KB, 1650x1650px
I'm a noise/electronic improv artist. AMA. Also can I get some constructive criticism on this?

https://3than1.bandcamp.com/album/freeform-electronic-nonsense
>>
how do you REALLY feel about the 909 drum machine
>>
>>69963677
Not free enough. If I were to get drum equipment it would be vdrums.
>>69963688
In tha alley
>>
>>
>>69963629
That first track is actually really beautiful, and reminds me a lot of Infinite Body's work. However most of the other tracks (especially the really short ones) just feel like duds to me; they're mostly unfocused, seem to go nowhere, and are weighed down by the use of basic drums and plugins.

If you cut this down to just Kogitsune Constellation, Daga 2, KIC 8462852, and cut out all the other tracks, it'd make for a decent noise/drone release, but you shouldn't be so hasty about publishing your music. Wait until you have a collection of good tracks, enough for at least a good 15-20 minute EP, and just release those.
>>
>>69963890
Thanks. I'm currently having the issue of not knowing which of my tracks are the best, while simultaneously keeping the album accessible enough. Daga 1, airlock 13b, and HD some fucking numbers were transition tracks made in fear of listeners not understanding, that's why they're short. Thanks for letting me know the community is smarter than that though.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>69963969
Don't worry too much about being accessible; you'll find an audience if you continue on long enough. Just focus on refining your music, and trying to create a memorable an engaging experience with each track. My biggest suggestions would be to avoid demo drums synths as much as possible unless you heavily edit and distort them, and to learn how to use filters and mixer (though, I'm just assuming that you've only recently started using a DAW).
>>
>>69964133
Thanks. Kagitsune Constellation was made with nothing but the 3x osc and the Sakura stringed instrument synth. To quote (I forget if it was Sean or Rob of) Autechre "no one is creative when they look at a screen and are told they can make any sound they want. People are the most creative when they're under restraints."
>>
>>69963890
Wait by decent drone/noise release do you mean in the genre as a whole? I'm curious what level you think I could get to.
>>
>>
>>69964291
Sorry, I wasn't exactly refering to the genre as a whole; mostly to the sorts of releases you'd fine listed as that on bandcamp. You (and myself as well) have a ways to go before you can create anything that could stand against some of the bigger names in the genre, but you definitely show promise

>>69964133
Limiting yourself to be creative is good, but it doesn't hurt to branch out from time to time in order to do so. Just remember that most major artists don't stay with just the demo tools in Fl Studio
>>
>>
>>69964193
in the spirit of that, I made this for you: https://clyp.it/i0z1dfdx

Nothing is used but the default beats, reverb, and some EQ filters.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.