[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So idk if Grimes is regarded as pleb music on /mu/ but I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: 5660820495740.jpg (744KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
5660820495740.jpg
744KB, 800x533px
So idk if Grimes is regarded as pleb music on /mu/ but I'm a big fan, and am slowly running out of replay value on her albums. Can anyone suggest similar music? I've tried spotify suggestions but I just get iamamiwhoami, St. Vincent and other shite that isn't as ambient and a bit too poppy.
>>
>>69954812
Just listen to Cocteau twins
>>
>>69954812
>Grimes
>Ambient
I guess you like Grimey's early stuff then, which is good since Art Angels is trash. You'd probably like Julai Holter's first three albums then, her newest one is more baroque than ambient pop but still has its moments.
>>
Grimes sucks dude, I am sorry to hear that you unironically listen to her """music"""

No redeeming qualities in her music (everything just kinda sucks), and seeing random screenshots of her twitter feed makes me dislike her even more. Delusional bitch desu senpai
>>
>>69954866

I didn't mean to equate Grimes with ambient music per se, I know that's a specific genre and I'm not very familiar with it. I just meant that her music is more ambient than most

But thanks I'll check that out

>>69954850

great ty
>>
>>69954812
Try homogenic by Bjork
>>
>>69954812
Björk, maybe?

But Grimes is basically Cocteau Twins mixed with synthpop so check that I guess
>>
I lestined to halfaxa on ecstasy last night and am now convinced that it truly is her best work.
>>
>>69954905
>"""music"""
>Only using three sets of redundant double-quotation marks
>Expecting to be taken seriously
>>
>>69954812
just get into dream pop.
>>
>>69954850
Cocteau Twins is NOT similar to Grimes, except the remix EP Otherness.
>>
>>69954905
Shit opinion, dude. Stop bragging about your shitty taste in music.
>>
>>69956731
But most dreampop lack that synth sound... No synths, no Grimes.
>>
>>69957223
Try Air or Sigur Ros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99myH1orbs4
>>
>>69957292
Air are not dreampop though.
>>
her music is pretty bad. she plays the alternative anime girl stereotype hard and its probably why she has so many neckbeard wk's
>>
>>69957456
Anon, your shitposting shtick is getting old.
>>
>>69957488
oh look another one of grimes wk's
>>
>>69957456
Could you say something interesting for once? All this Grimes hate is booooooooooooooring. zzzzzzzzzzzzz
>>
>>69957683
>>69957510
>>
>>69957777
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
>>
>>69957456
Prove it that her music is bad.
>>
>>69954812
Try out Ic3peak, especially fallal
>>
>>69954812
>So idk if Grimes is regarded as pleb music on /mu/ but I'm a big fan, and am slowly running out of replay value on her albums

this sentense makes me cringe

pleb/patrician is just a meme

just listen to whatever you like, why do you need to care about opinion of the board that is like a child of /b/ and /pol/?
>>
>>69958220
>pleb/patrician is just a meme
Spot on. So many naive /mu/ users believe any meme that floats here.
>>
>>69954905
yeah i just read a screenshot, she wants us to save the whales and free tibet
>>
>>69959124
You're thinking of Sting.
>>
>>69957456
There are simpler, less humiliating ways of bumping a thread desu. Just saying.
>>
There is no way that St. Vincent is more poppy than Grimes.
>>
Grimes: the album
>>
>>69958220
>says this on /mu/

are we being ironically ironic now?
>>
>>69962093
>Being this out of the loop
Ironically, yes.
>>
Carly Rae Jepsen and Ariana Grande to start
>>
Grimes does live show
>[guttural squeaks]

Grimes Go ft. Blood Diamonds
>doodle deedle loddie GET OUT OF THAT REFRIGERATOR RIGHT NOW

I like.
>>
>>69963287
i really really really like
>>
>>69954905
You mean """""her"""""" music
>>
>>69954866
I mean grimes early work is great (I've been a fan since 2010) but Art Angels is on another level entirely
>>
>>69960135
OP meant he wanted stuff that was more poppy and more ambient than St Vincent, St Vincent is not poppy and ambient enough. Pls try comprehending the things you read.
>>
>>69960135
Actually St. Vincent is more poppy than Grimes. Not only her voice is more normal (so to speak), but the instrumentals are also more straightforward. The occasional harsh guitar is the only real weird element.
>>
>>69961872
>>
honestly check out kraftwerk
she sampled lots of their work on visions
>>
>>>/vr/
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsCfufAp2tM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqa9xx2vBQc

What Went Wrong bros?
>>
>>69966965
>she sampled lots of their work on visions
Grimes didn't sample anything from Kraftwerk. The Oblivion bassline vaguely resembles Autobahn (only the timbre, the notes are different; you can't copyright synth patches anyway). Kraftwerk sue anyone that dares to sample their music without permission. Grimes would be an easy target if she really sampled them.
>>
File: 1.png (65KB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
65KB, 500x346px
>>69967106
Nothing went wrong. Same song, 2 different versions.
>>
>>69967106
the video. the song rmx as well, but that is a reel shit video too. why is it even allowed?
>>
>>69967106
i really thot that song could blow up, it was commercially viable without compromising a thing.

she should have rubbed it in everyones faces. but even she hersalf hated her own song. ahead of the timeths.
>>
>>69968034
>>69967940
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.