[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /mu/ Just got my first real 6-string on Christmas. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 20161228_185618.jpg (3MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20161228_185618.jpg
3MB, 4128x3096px
Hi /mu/

Just got my first real 6-string on Christmas. I'm slowly progressing through learning chords and practicing my strumming. I can also currently struggle out a halfway decent "Happy Birthday".

Can any /mu/sicians recommend any good learning material (preferably free)? I'm teaching myself and as you can tell by the make and model I am on a budget. Thanks.
>>
Nevermind. I just found the general. Fuck me.
>>
1)Find the weeb song you like.
2) type the weeb title, followed by 'chords' or 'tab', into google.
3) Make your parent's regret buying it for you.
>>
>>69954245
Parents*
>>
>>69954245
I live on my own. Only my neighbors can hear my shit.
>>
>>69954079
Did your parents buy it at the five and dime? Play it till your finger bled. In the summer of 69
>>
reddit instrument

why are you so stupid
>>
>>69954305
your neighbors will hate you like they hate me

>mornings & afternoons: I play my keyboards real loud
>nighs: my dad plays his accordion outside real loud
>>
>>69954377
It's a guitar. A very good guitar for the price, in fact. What makes this a reddit instrument?
>>
>>69954433
I like my neighbors, but I can't even play my trombone anymore. At least I can get away with playing this quietly.
>>
>>69954442
Ignore him this board is full of fucking high schoolers.

So Op, what you should do is utilize Youtube and Ultimate-Guitar dot com.

Youtube for learning scales and general theory at first, and ultimate guitar for learning songs that you like and practicing them. Guitar is great, it takes a few years to get good, but it's definitely worth it.
>>
>>69954483
I have checked out Marty Schwarz and he seems cool. I can keep up with him better than some of the others.
>>
>>69954581
I personally suggest integrating that with learning songs that you like. Start with simple ones, make sure you learn the whole song and not just pieces of it.

When you get better, put songs on a speaker and solo along with them. Practice, practice and practice with a base of knowledge to grow off of.
>>
justinguitar is a great online resource when you want to start getting into theory. if it's a little overbearing you can just find songs you want to learn on Ultimate Guitar (or Songsterr preferably), refer to an online chord chart. keep rhythm in mind when you're playing or you'll regret it later.
>>
>>69954442
What model is it?
>>
>>69954821
Aj-220s
>>
>>69954632
>When you get better, put songs on a speaker and solo along with them.
second, or even just once you can play the chords, do that along to the recording. it's terrible to meet those people who think they can play guitar, and can do some stuff but they can't keep time to other instruments. If you can play the common chords (or even power chords, but preferably real chords) and keep time, you can be rhythm guitar in a band
>>
>>69955124
Good addition, also Op, play with other people if you can. The challenge of keeping in sync with someone and the competition factor drives learning faster than anything else in my experience. The best guitarist I know agrees.
>>
>>69954079
If you just want to learn some basics, definitely find an instructor or, at least a good, non-complicated instruction book covering the basics, like a little cord progression; hammer-on, pull-offs, other basic techniques. The biggest challenge for a determined beginner is to keep it in tune. If you are serious, you need to learn how to do this manually, without an electronic tuner. Plan on at least two years of thankless, unrewarding effort forcing your fingers into difficult cord positions and learning to keep it in tune. All guitar playing will sound poor if the guitar is even slightly out of tune! But the rewards are great, after a while - nothing will get you laid quicker than demonstrating that you can play the guitar!
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.