[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to develop a normal taste of music, and actually answer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_lt7ynlVhSg1qawvl0o1_500.png (41KB, 420x294px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lt7ynlVhSg1qawvl0o1_500.png
41KB, 420x294px
I want to develop a normal taste of music, and actually answer that crap when people ask me that IRL. Personally I just can't stad any shit that you hear on the radio or tv commericals. Yes that includes the Beatles...it just doesn't stick with me.

But here is shit I like anyway:
Micheal Jackson, particulary his catchy 80's stuff, Beat It, Smooth Crimical etc. etc.
Videogame music, mostly from Squaresoft, Nintendo and Sega mostly
Classical music from Mozart (kleine Nachtmusik), Beethoven (8th Symphony), Antonín Dvořák (9th Symphony).
Punk Rock like Sum 41 Fat Lips or You are not the boss of me now (tv show I know), you could call that energetic I guess?
I also like catchy shit from Movie and TV, stuff that everyone knows like the Star Wars or Simpsons theme.
Anyway a good video helps me alot to like a song. but personally only MJ's stuff were music videos I was impressed with...

Hope you guys can recommend stuff out of my incoherent music shit.
>>
Should check out James Ferraro

Artist of our generation. If you're into 80s and video game osts especially youll like it
>>
>>69952872

Ok...neat sounds I guess. Tough I rather just listen a videogame ost instead.
>>
>>69952850
you literally sound exactly like me until about the age of 17

you basically just don't like music much at the moment. i springboarded from basic mainstream 00s rawk like green day, SOAD, muse and incubus into 90s stuff like FNM, Primus and then into more experimental stuff like Bungle, Residents, Zappa

If you like vidya OSTs especially the work of Nobuo Uematsu (le final fantasy guy) you could eventually develop a taste for progressive rock, a lot of his work is inspired by that. I got majorly into Porcupine Tree and The Mars Volta that way and then went back to Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd and King Crimson. Then went onto Soft Machine which was my gateway into jazz.

A taste for vidya music also lends itself to liking electronic music because of its repetitive nature imo. I got into a lot of 90s acts like Orbital, Underworld, The Orb, Boards of Canada, Aphex Twin etc that way and then delved more into ambient stuff

you should train yourself to listen to albums. not because it's always the best way to consume music (it definitely isn't, no matter what other people here might tell you) but being able to sit through an entire album without distraction is a valuable ability to have if you want to really explore and appreciate a wide variety of music

I guess this wasn't hugely helpful in a specific sense but you're such a blank slate I really don't know what to recommend. All I'll say is don't take /mu/'s bullshit too seriously! Find your own way of consuming music, do so your own pace, and develop your own tastes.
>>
Is MJ is own kind? Is there no way to recommend artists that one would like if they like MJ.
>>
>>69952850
Here's something you might want to check out.

https://psychology-tools.com/autism-spectrum-quotient/
>>
>>69953078
Autist
>>
>>69953442
fag
>>
>>69953442
:^)
>>
>>69952850
>"Doesn't like" modern pop
>Likes 80s pop

They're literally the same thing, get your head out of your ass dumb poseur.
>>
>>69953618

mj is rock, funk and soul imo
>>
File: 1482811398642.jpg (30KB, 471x459px) Image search: [Google]
1482811398642.jpg
30KB, 471x459px
>>69953777
Its pop.

You can't like 80s pop then turn your nose at modern pop as if anything changes outside of lyrical content.
>>
>>69952948
Why don't you just listen to it and figure out if you like it first? That's how you develop a music taste
>>
>>69953833
this is one of the most ludicrous statements i've ever read here
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.