[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Wolfe has cited the visual elements of filmmaker Ingmar Bergman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: a3637670072_10.jpg (302KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a3637670072_10.jpg
302KB, 1200x1200px
>Wolfe has cited the visual elements of filmmaker Ingmar Bergman and photographer Nan Goldin as influences,[37] as well as the writings of D.H. Lawrence and Ayn Rand.[42] However, on September 24, 2015, she stated that with regard to her supposed affinity with Rand: "When I said I liked Ayn Rand many years ago I didn't know anything about what she stood for or what her books meant. I recant!".

How could you not know what Rand 'stood for'? Her ideas are cut and dry. What's she recanting? Individual liberty? Private property?
>>
Probably because she was citing what the teenage Chelsea who read Ayn Rand and only took in what appealed to her believed Ayn Rand stood for, and as an adult, realized very clearly Ayn Rand was an exceptionally poor writer with misanthropic philosophies that appeal to only misanthropes.

That, or she just tacked it on at the time to appear smart and admits now that Ayn Rand is not cool.
>>
Probably just a dumbass kid asked who her influences and named the couple of books she read at school. That kind of over emotional schlock that both Rand and Lawrence write is often taught in school because it appeals to teens, doesn't really mean they absorb what they read though.
>>
>>69947301
>misanthropic
Ayn Rand was far from being a misanthrope. She was all for human progress. She gives tons of sound arguments on how collectivists are the misanthropic and destructive people.
>>
Explain to me what's wrong with objectivism and Rand's philosophy.

>>69947301
>misanthrope
You are retarded.
>>
Poor Mallgoth's Lana Del Rey.
>>
>>69947321
>>69947328
Just because she believed her philosophies were not misanthropic, does not make her not a misanthrope. Objectivism is a morally bankrupt philosophy that is just an inferior form of egoism.

This is of course ignoring the fact there is no actual substance to her 'philosophy', and that all of her works are Time Cube level reams of delusional strawmanning interwoven with extremely poor plot devices, terrible characters and dialogue, and extremely lackluster sexual wish fulfillment.
>>
>>69947444
>Objectivism is a morally bankrupt philosophy that is just an inferior form of egoism.
Not an argument.
>>
>>69947554
>Not an argument

Not a refutation
>>
>>69947444
Egoism isn't misanthropic either.

It consistently argues that cooperation and reaping rewards of mutual and/or collective benefit is what's in an individual's best interest.
>>
>>69947594
Give an argument.
>>
Ayn Rand is a poor man's Ludwig Von Mises.
>>
>>69947444
>A is not A
>>
>>69947444
>Just because she believed her philosophies were not misanthropic, does not make her not a misanthrope.
What makes you think you can divine her thoughts and feelings? The arguments she makes in her writing are clearly pro human.
>>
Also Nan Goldin is fucking trash. Literally proto tumblr.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.