[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is vaporwave truly about? reaction to capitalism or simply

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: unnamed.png (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
17KB, 300x300px
What is vaporwave truly about?

reaction to capitalism or simply nostalgia for 80s 90s eras
>>
>>69946266
both
>>
>>69946266

Was the former and transitioned to the latter
>>
>>69946266

its nazi music
fascists gtfo
>>
It's just chopped and screwed except wacky and not about hip-hop.
>>
>>69946313
wtf I love vaporwave now
>>
>>69946266
Only Reddit would try and intellectualise slowing down a Diana Ross song

I just like it for good melodies and heavy basslines
>>
>>69946304
any links where i can read more on this other than wikipedia and its references?
>>
>>69946266
i think hauntology music (john maus, burial) can be seen as a reaction to capitalism. vaporwave is sort of related but i feel like they've "lost the plot" so to speak, and now it's just college students slowing down old pop to be edgy on bandcamp. I don't like it personally, but I can see how it evokes certain feelings by dredging up melodies that are associated with certain memories or eras, and how this can create a certain mood in the listener that other music cannot.
>>
>>69946583
You can kind of see it in its development. It started as an interesting albeit shitty sound collage of obscure city pop, meant to satirize the consumerism enshrined in 80s pop culture. Then the 'musicians' got so arrogant they started charging money for it, and this was conflated by dumb preteens who mistook the satire as celebration. It was in this state that it was 'discovered' by the general public; remember spotify's embarrassing 'summer of vaporwave' or whatever that shit was. Now it's become a politicized husk of its former self. It would be a pretty sad tale if the genre had managed to produce more than a handful of good albums before it died.
>>
>>69946266
It's pop-art
Both 80s nostalgia and capitalism mockery
>>
File: t3_3kpb2i.png (37KB, 1189x359px) Image search: [Google]
t3_3kpb2i.png
37KB, 1189x359px
There's definitely a hauntology element to it. The original wave was genuine, everything after that was a bunch of hypebeasts hopping on the bandwagon and spawning the abomination known as brovaporwave (future funk, vaportrap)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.