[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this was a difficult listen, though I don't regret it,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: divorce lawyers.jpg (69KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
divorce lawyers.jpg
69KB, 700x700px
So this was a difficult listen, though I don't regret it, the whole album just sweats out fucked up shit. What'd you guys make of it?
>>
>>69930925
The cover is unsettling
>>
>>69930925
die tranny
>>
I nearly cried the first time I heard it. On the second listen I found it mildly annoying but mostly just boring and by the third I never wanted to hear it again.
>>
>>69930925
I've only made it thought the first half.

Its something about trans stuff or homosexuality i think.

Idk about the lyrics, but otherwise it's a pretty decent album. Someone posted it on an underrated album thread which is how i discovered it
>>
>>69930925
ITAOTS's inbred brother
>>
>>69931540
honestly pretty much this
>>
>>69931666
Never experienced anything like it. At the time, it was so rare for me to find anything that hit me so hard emotionally but then I hated it every other time I heard it.
>>
>>69930925
It's a very hit or miss record. I would like it a lot more if it had been cut down in length. Still enjoyed it, though.

>>69931540
Basically this except a couple of the singles are still killer for me.

>>69931649
This except ironically.
>>
>>69931720
all my favorite parts about it (the loose tempo-switching shtick, the "sexual unconscious"/body physicality lyrics) came to feel so gimmicky
>>
>>69931755
I'll at the very least keep it around for Wild Dogs: Divorce! and Avalanches. I'm hoping that I won't have the diminishing returns issue everyone else is though.
>>
>>69931583
my understanding is that he's a gay man and his significant other is a trans woman early on and it's creating strife in their relationship as she acts differently and her body changes :'(
>>
don't give a shit about the album theme or the le feels but it has a few alright songs. 1990 Was A Long Year is my favorite one
>>
>>69931769
It's like my experience of Mason's vocals literally went from "one of the most heart wrenchingly vulnerable performances ever" to "poorly controlled and ham". I was very young and felt pretty insecure about my sexuality at the time but it's not as if I'd overcome all that by the next time I heard it.
I still like to think I might come back to it someday and it'll just sound like it did that first time but I don't care so much anymore. I've since gotten a lot better at finding music that resonates with me like that.
>>
never really got anything from it

its like something for cis people to feel bad for trans people to
>>
>>69931821
cool thanks. thats actually pretty interesting
>>
>>69932100
In this Mason says that the album is about his relationship with a trans person, so I guess that's the root of it.

https://vimeo.com/12940461
>>
>>69932086
is this an /alttrans/ thread now
>>
>>69932151
whats that
>>
>>69932165
idk what's the good trans music

i like anohni and gloss and whatever fine but i can never find anything really satisfying in that way unless xiu xiu counts
>>
>>69932165
Click post a reply and ctrl + w to become a woman.
>>
>>69932212
yeah i can really relate to xiu xiu more than anything else

i know a lot of good music by trans people but nothing that really is good because of how they talk about gender
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.