[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of Brian Wilson meeting Animal Collective?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: asdasd.png (3MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
asdasd.png
3MB, 1500x1500px
What do you think of Brian Wilson meeting Animal Collective?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwiqGP8fmQg
>>
Can anyone share their albums? Can't acess Soulseek rn
>>
>>69924434

There's a live show that's pretty well mixed here: http://www.nyctaper.com/2016/04/palm-march-26-2016-market-hotel/

I'll upload a copy of their debut for you.
>>
reminds me of Swirlies

interesting af
>>
I like it, kind of a Battles meets Animal Collective to me though
>>
>>69924877
yup
>>
Here's the studio album:

uploading the Audiotree Session now

Palm - Trading Basics
>Experimental pop. Very tight rythymic co-ordination between guitar and drum parts. Animal Collective-esque voice modulation.
https://mega.nz/#!VV4njACI!ijd5yktFcCIq5JtpDYiUSL4W6oLQiUTrTTUtZ1l0inU
>>
Palm - Audiotree Sessions
https://mega.nz/#!4Ux23DJB!HquVclgJfn9bxQsARKJ9mm8HUGIYVtiISsgOVQEATXM
>>
>>69925036
>>69925120

thanks man
>>
>>69924297
thank you for this. This is so good!
>>
File: th.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
Underappreciated album of 2016.
Its a single live take of Venetian Snares making some of the most organic sounding soundscapes I've heard from him in year. The fact that it is all completely composed real time with no studio trickery makes it a milestone in IDM. If you consider yourself a fan of electronic/experimental music stop sleeping on this album and listen to it before 2017
>>
>>69925120
>>69925036
thanks famalam
>>
>>69925416
post mega links pls
>>
>>69925570
I have it on spotify senpai, my b
also totally didn't mean to post in this thread
>>
>>69925416
>The fact that it is all completely composed real time with no studio trickery makes it a milestone in IDM
no not at all. its a good album but i dont think you know much abouts house and techno if you think that
>>
>>69924297
>playing bass with a thumb
>>
>>69925744

In the interview from the full session, the guy said he just started learning bass.

I wonder if he'll eventually be embarrassed by the footage.
>>
File: 1404188862642.png (56KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1404188862642.png
56KB, 256x256px
>>69925691
>implying house and techno is at all difficult to compose real time
geeze these 4 on the floors and arpeggios are really hard to keep up.
that shit literally writes itself
>>
>>69924297
it stills sounds like Revolver :/
>>
>>69924297

The syncopation in some of their tracks reminds me of DD/MM/YYYY. I dig it.
>>
File: palm.jpg (267KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
palm.jpg
267KB, 1200x1200px
>>69924297
nani?
I have only listened to Ostrich Vacation and it is nothing like this. Reminds me more of noise rock.
is this even the same band?
>>
>that bassist's mustache
jesus
>>
I think I'm in love with the girl guitarist
>>
I dont know how you play the offbeat guitar riffs together

shit has to be a nightmare to coordinate
>>
cool little song but this band is in desperate need of some testosterone
>>
>>69924297
>>69925036
>>69925120
cool as fuck and a qt girl is in it. perfect, thank you OP!
>>
I skimmed through half the video before I realised that wasn't animal collective and Brian Wilson wasn't going to walk into the studio.
>>
>>69924297
Meh.
>>
>dig on this
>check their fb page
>see past tour dates of a tour they recently finished
>they played in my state three damn times

Fuck this gay earth.

Hoping the next tour is soon.
>>
>>69927021

I'm contemplating going down to NY for the Diiv show on new years. Could be sort of romantic.

Although, they're probably getting big enough to the point that a show in Montreal might not be out of the question.
>>
>>69924297
Really fucking good actually
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.