[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know the "I like all music; I listen to a little bit of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: captain beefdab.png (801KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
captain beefdab.png
801KB, 600x600px
I know the "I like all music; I listen to a little bit of everything" meme and all, but what would one say if someone asks you what type of music you like and you genuinely appreciate all genres?
Personally I don't discriminate against a particular genre when I listen to music; I believe that every genre has value, and something interesting can be done with all of them (even the ones I don't particularly enjoy).
>>
it would be of course patriciancore
>>
Yeah I can listen too and apprciate a very wide range of genres as I'm sure lots of other people can, but when asked I just talk about my fav genres or the ones I listen too mostly (stoner/doom/drone/sludge metal, noise rock, etc)
>>
>>69911036
You would say "I like all music; I listen to a little bit of everything" because the only people who think that's invalid, insult-worthy response are emotionally stunted 14 year olds who go on /mu/ because no one talks to them irl
>>
>>69912430
But if you tell that to someone who is actually into music they might think that you just listen to top 40.

Just tell them about the stuff you're currently listening to. They might want to know more, then expand on what you just said.
>>
jazz
>>
i usually just say classical music, even though i like all kinds of music from all over the world. not because i want to seem like le intellectual but because i don't want them to make incorrect assumptions (if i said something like rock, the artists that would pop into their heads 99% aren't something i actually like or even really close)
>>
I like jazz-punk. I'd like to know what they think of when I say that.
>>
I listen to field recordings of interviews
it works, trust me
>>
>>69911036
2-step garage – chaotic style of UK garage.
2 Tone – late-1970s UK ska revival which fused ska with punk rock.
4-beat – breakbeat hardcore subgenre played between 150 and 170 BPM consisting of a fast looped breakbeat and a drum at every 4 beats.
12-bar blues – A distinctive form predominantly based on the I-IV-V chords of a key.
50s progression
A cappella – any singing performed without any background music/instruments
Acid house – psychedelic style of house
Acid jazz – psychedelic style of jazz influenced heavily by funk and hip-hop production
Acid rock – a form of psychedelic rock, characterized with long instrumental solos, few (if any) lyrics and musical improvisation
Acid techno – a form of techno that developed out of acid house.
Acoustic – a music that solely or primarily uses instruments which produce sound through entirely acoustic means, as opposed to electric or electronic means.
Adult contemporary – a broad term for any music with lush and soothing qualities, and a focus on melody and harmony.
Afrobeat – a large-scaled and energetic combination of Yoruba, highlife, jazz, and funk music.
Afro-Cuban jazz – style of jazz influenced by traditional Afro-Cuban music.
Afropop – a genre of African popular music.
Aleatoric – music the compositi of which is partially left to chance
Alternative country – any style of country that deviates from the normal
Alternative dance – any combination of rock and electronic dance music
Alternative hip hop – any style of hip hop that deviates from the norm
Alternative metal – any style of heavy metal that deviates from the norm
Alternative R&B – any style of R&B that deviates from the norm
Alternative rock – any style of rock that deviates from the norm
Ambient – a form of incredibly slow electronic music that uses long repetitive sounds to generate a sense of calm and atmosphere.
Ambient house – a combination of acid house and ambient music.
The list could go on...
>>
i usually reply with nasheed so to not get bothered again
>>
>>69914001
>But if you tell that to someone who is actually into music they might think that you just listen to top 40.

Not really. Again this is just a scenario that autists on /mu/ who never talk to people in real life have cooked up. "I listen to a little bit of everything" = "I only listen to top 40" is really only a meme on here, in real life no normal person is so uppity that they'll assume you only listen to top 40 if you say that.

And if they do assume that then congrats, you've luckily avoided having to have future discussions on music with a socially retarded /mu/tant, and your life is better than it would be otherwise.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.