[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the number one album you want people to listen to?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 9

File: Hmmm.png (65KB, 199x292px) Image search: [Google]
Hmmm.png
65KB, 199x292px
What's the number one album you want people to listen to? Give your reasons.
>>
Because people don't realize that's it's miles better than Ys because it's a lot longer and more challenging. It has absolutely zero filler.
>>
>>69896736
Clarence Clarity's No Now.

Because it's perfect.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>69896788
Forgot the pic.
>>
>>69896762
It's definitely got some fillers, or at least a couple of boring songs. This is my version of the album. Any songs I'm missing out on?
>>
File: tortoise-640x640.jpg (107KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
tortoise-640x640.jpg
107KB, 640x640px
>>69896736
>Pic related

It's the only album cover sitting on my desktop atm. Posted it in a thread earlier today. But also I've been listening to it a lot recently and it's pretty fucking great. I wanna talk about it with somebody but all my friends are Spotify-playlist plebeians who don't know their ass from their elbow when it comes to music from before 2007.
>>
>>69896837
Yes absolutely. I consider the entire album great. I am curious as to why you removed what you did. Good Intentions Paving Co. in particular is excellent with its bluesy progression and wryly humorous lyrics. Full disclosure, I consider HOOM my fav album but I honestly think every track is great as well as unique and distinctive in its own way.
>>
>>69896922
Not that anon, but I was struck at how out of place GICP sounded on HOOM. It's a fantastic song, and would have made a great stand alone single (or Divers B-side, even), but I just found that it stood apart from the rest of the album a little too much.

Admittedly, I did check it out first before I sat down and took in all three parts. Maybe I just spammed it a little too much straight off? What do you think I'm missing?
>>
>>69896991
Perhaps you could say it is out of place but it struck me more as her adding variety to the album. While the overall cohesiveness of the album is debatable, I feel that was not the point or intention. I believe this album was meant to sprawl, spread out, and cover as wide a range as possible. To me, the entire album almost seems like an expansive study and expression of "beauty" and all its forms. Look at the cover for example. It is just a complete mishmash of all sorts of things, assorted with little rhyme or reason. Some are humorous, some are somber, but all of them gave a distinct and unique beauty that, when put together, form a massive yet detailed whole.
>>
>>69897082
Ok, I see what you're saying. I've never really enjoyed albums that 'genre-hop' but I'll give it another listen with that in mind. Cheers anon!
>>
>>69896912
I liked it once, but now it feels kind of worn-out and borng.
>>
NAS - ILLMATIC. A lot of people have a skewed view of hip hop bc of the artists that are popular today. I think this album would show any listener the true depth and beauty that hip hop has to offer.
>>
File: panopticon.jpg (42KB, 628x628px) Image search: [Google]
panopticon.jpg
42KB, 628x628px
>>69896736
it's sonic perfection
>>
>>69896736
sneaker pimps - becoming x
japan - tin drum
royksopp - the inevitable end

reason: they are good, and they never get rec'd here
>>
File: Leggo Muh Eggo.jpg (22KB, 355x318px) Image search: [Google]
Leggo Muh Eggo.jpg
22KB, 355x318px
>>69896736
>Because fuck your ears.
Also They're just so generally unique. These guys, Residents, Or some Oingo Boingo.
I love eccentric band types.
Keep the mind questioning reality with noise and such.
>>
File: Twenty_One_Pilots_album.png (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Twenty_One_Pilots_album.png
1MB, 1000x1000px
Because before Twenty One Pilots got on Fueled By Ramen they weren't garbage.
>>
>>69902218
SUPPOSE THE TAXMAN HE COMES TO TOWN
Love this album particularly for great bass lines and lyrics (nonsensical as they are)
>>
File: wheniwasaboy.jpg (842KB, 1023x1024px) Image search: [Google]
wheniwasaboy.jpg
842KB, 1023x1024px
I just want more people to listen to Jane.
>>
>>69896788
this. Every person who I've had sit through it can't tolerate the noise. My favorite album as of late though
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.