[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Songs that can't be represented as sheet music shouldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: e e e.jpg (111KB, 750x1125px) Image search: [Google]
e e e.jpg
111KB, 750x1125px
Songs that can't be represented as sheet music shouldn't be considered music at all
>>
Worshiping western classical music like it's the be all end all of music is pretty much the plebeist thing you can do.
>>
>>69893707
>The realist shit I've ever seen on this fuck awful board.
>>
>>69893671
can a strange arctic creature yodeling into a backwards red megaphone be represented as sheet music?
>>
>>69893671
You could probably represent almost anything with proper notation. I can't think of anything you couldn't at least approximate really well.
>>
>>69894579
Yes, with a squiggle on the staff and the words "strange arctic creature yodeling into a backwards red megaphone" over it.
>>
>>69893671
Anything can be notated on sheet music. Maybe not in staff form, but notation nonetheless

I remember reading a paper by Stockhausen and two other authors about notating the type of electronic music that Stockhausen and other electronic composers composed. It was some crazy sort of ridiculous stuff that they described, but I guess staff form looks crazy compared to old neumatic stuff
>>
>>69894579
Of course.

Composers can write any special instructions on their sheet music. For example, Beethoven wrote on Moonlight Sonata that "Si deve suonare tutto questo pezzo delicatissimamente e senza sordino" - "This whole piece ought to be played with the utmost delicacy and without damper"

There is also percussion notation - with a key of any specified sound. For example, you could mark three beats as "xI" on a staff, noting that it indicates a fart is to be made by the performer, with an added fermata. In this short piece, a performer simply farts three times. The farts are of a length chosen by the performer, at least longer than their indicated length.

Musical notation is wondrous, isn't it?
>>
>>69893671
So what is the aim of music then? How is art anything else but the ego's exploration of its capacity for emotion?
>>
>>69894728
Man, I've searched an explanation on those weird looking partitures that I usually see paired with Stocky's music, but I couldn't find anything.
Maybe I didn't try hard enough, but do you have a source.
>>
>>69894821
http://www.opasquet.fr/dl/texts/Eimert_Problems_of_Electronic_Music_Notation_1954.pdf

Here you go
>>
>>69894445
please learn2greentext appropriately newfaggot
>>
File: the f stands for fart get it.png (18KB, 476x362px) Image search: [Google]
the f stands for fart get it.png
18KB, 476x362px
>>69894735
am I doing it right?
>>
>>69894995
add "in One Movement" to the title to add to the pretentiousness a bit.
>>
>>69894855
Based. Thanks so much.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.