[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a legitimately great album and the "nu metal is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: KoRn_-_Korn.jpg (84KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
KoRn_-_Korn.jpg
84KB, 500x500px
This is a legitimately great album and the "nu metal is mallcore and bad xD" meme needs to die
>>
>>69893199
the only good nu metal album was Linkin Parks debut
>>
>>69893199
>17 minute my dad raped me track
>"""""""good"""""""

try suicide
>>
>>69893241
Jonathan davis was actually raped tho. Try again faggot.
>>69893220
What????? Do you really think this?
>>
I gave it a listen once it was pretty unpleasant.
Not that it's much of a contest but pic related is better.
>>
>>69893251
Therapy would be a better option than making obnoxious music
>>
File: deftones3.jpg (4KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
deftones3.jpg
4KB, 220x220px
>>69893220
>>
>>69893251
yes because it's true

>>69893258
wtf this isn't even rock music
>>
>>69893271
that album isn't nu metal though. the only nu metal songs (and they're great) are Korea and Elite. Around the Fur and Adrenaline are great, and they're actually nu metal. Especially the former.
>>
>>69893241
I bet you love black metal though you faggot
>>
Life is Peachy is better
>>
>>69893220
bottomless pit is also pretty good
>>
>>69893199
Cunnycore.
>>
File: 1460174129684.jpg (335KB, 1094x821px) Image search: [Google]
1460174129684.jpg
335KB, 1094x821px
While I think Korn's sound on this album was actually pretty fun, the subject matter of the lion's share of the tracks is still teenage angst nonsense about being bullied by jocks, not fitting in and not having girls return your feelings. It's just impossible not to find most of the album's material cringe-core after the age of 18, which is it's biggest downfall. The "my teenage life is hard" tone really just stinks up the entire thing.

The sexual abuse stuff does give the album some legitimate weight, but it's not enough to stop the rest of it from being juvenile. inb4 someone accuses me of being fedora-lord. No, not all music has to be serious and high brow, but this material just doesn't have enough self awareness and takes itself very seriously. If they had done this kind of music but with more of a Pantera kind of attitude, it would've been classic imho.

I do love that Clown riff, tho. I'd mosh to that without hesitation. Basically this is an album I'll play a few choice tracks from on spotify for old times sake, but it's not good enough to keep in my digital or physical collection. Given that this is their absolute best offering, it really shows how not worth your time Korn are. Some of the singles from their subsequent 3 albums are good. Everything after that point is Penn Jillette fodder.
>>
Jonathan Davis is a big faggot.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.