[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did Run The Jewels become associated so heavily with reddit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: rtj3.jpg (50KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
rtj3.jpg
50KB, 700x394px
How did Run The Jewels become associated so heavily with reddit on /mu/?

El-P is a legend who is respected by every hip-hop fan since the 90s when he was releasing solo albums and also doing production for masterpieces like Funcrusher Plus, Little Johnny From The Hospitul, and of course The Cold Vein (one of the greatest hip-hop albums ever made, undeniably).

No hip-hop fan in their right mind would deny El-P's production/rapping/lyrical talent (>inb4 cherrypicked lyrics like the "field of dicks" one). Killer Mike's solo album R.A.P. Muzik is amazing as well (and it's basically a Run The Jewels album without El-P rapping because El-P produced the whole thing, but Killer MIke is still a fantastic rapper/lyricist).

The first Run The Jewels album was very positively received here, but threads about it rarely got more than 100 replies. Then Pitchfork gave RTJ2 AOTY and suddenly we get hundreds of threads about them, and this whole meme develops that they are a "reddit" band.

News flash: Reddit loves literally all the same shit that /mu/ does. Like for example, Reddit loves Radiohead way more than RTJ, so how did RTJ become the "reddit" group?

Does P4K really have that much influence on this board? If so that's pathetic.
>>
File: 1482337072270.gif (24KB, 60x95px) Image search: [Google]
1482337072270.gif
24KB, 60x95px
I'm just here for the memes
>>
Wtf i hate radiohead now
>>
>>69877464
Dude don't worry so much. It's just memes. Merry Christmas :)
>>
Because it's christmas so the only people here are miserable fucks with no life (yes, like me), so there's a disproportionate amount of pathetic pieces of shit here right now.
>>
>>69877464
The answer to this question is because ppl on /mu/ know practically nothing of hip hop before 2010
>>
>>69877464
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>69877464
I'd rather spend the night in jail than spend the night at a Run the Jewels show.
>>
>>69877464
its because of bernie and how trump is popular on 4chan
>>
This

Also, the whole Bernie Sanders debacle.
>>
>>69877464
Probably because Reddit fucking loves them, the whole Bernie thing doesn't help
>>
reddit the jewels
>>
>>69877464
Sounds like you've been on this board less than a week
>>
>>69877480
lol look at her
>>
The same reason /mu/ thinks Disco Volante and Sing to God are the sporkiest albums ever even though there are tons of other albums just as le randum
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.