[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, is this actually good or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

Now that the dust has settled, is this actually good or is it just a meme?
>>
>>69874423
>NIN
Just a meme
>>
Guys... https://www.instagram.com/p/BOYTWipBNq8/
>>
Impressive.
>>
>>69874473
dude so deep lmao

still bought it because fuck you
>>
Why is Branches Bones so fucking short?
>>
solid 7.5/10

when its good its real fucking good, but at times a bit too repetitive
there isn't a "bad song" or a moment that ruins the EP, therefor making it one of my favorites off of 2016
>>
>>69874473
why didn't he just wash his hands?

and is that really all there is to the physical component?
>>
rather than the dust settling, i'm finding i'm liking it more an more with each listen. i was a bit iffy on it the first time around, but it got immediately better the second play through, and it's been slowly getting more enjoyable since.
personally i'd give it a 7/10 or so
>>
>>69874434
>he fell for the "nin isn't good" meme
>>
>>69874968
>he's still 15 years old
>>
I like it quite a bit, but it doesn't feel as sonically or thematically cohesive as the rest of his work. It almost sounds like demos or outtakes from various different periods.
>>
>>69875002
>he's still 19 years old
>>
>>69875033
I'm 20 dude

Stay underage
>>
>>69874423
Brilliant EP, sounds like Essential NIN. Not one bad song. Excellent stuff. 10.
>>
I AM FORGIVEN
I AM FREE
I AM A FIELD OF FIREEEEEEEEE
>>
Really liked it, the only problem was that each song seemed out of place, like they we're not part of a whole.

Like 5 really good songs written in different years put together.
>>
>>69875065
You are the one acting like an underage moron saying stupid shit like "hurrr if you like nin your edgy goth kid w/ bad taste xD", Fuck off back to listening to AnCo or RTJ.
>>
>>69874423
It grew on me but it's still alright nothing really note worthy on this EP, except for branches / bones which is the NIN I've been waiting to hear such a shame that it's short as hell though
>>
>>69877969
Dear World is breddy gud.
>>
File: 1482527215581.gif (326KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1482527215581.gif
326KB, 150x150px
>>69874423
Like every single thing NIN puts out you have to listen to it multiple times to fully appreacite it, after you do that it is hard to stop listening.

I was surprised by the opening track alreadly, I expected some instrumental opening, something that just kept happening with the start of Year Zero, yet instead the opening is really intense, the ending scream of "I DON'T CAAAAREEE" is pretty fucking terrifying, I thought Trent forgot how to scream, but this entire EP proved me wrong in that regard, which is really good. Probably best opening Post-Fragile.

Next track is fucking great as well. It does seem to borrow a lot of elements from Hesitation Marks but does something Hesitation Marks never did, it sound far more complex than anything on that album and it has that dark edge to it that HM was missing.

It's also the deepest voice Trent ever gave us, ever, which I did not think was possible, his voice really gets deeper and he takes full advantage of that in this track, it's haunting, the same "spooks" are given to you here the one you'd receive during "The Becoming" or
something

Yes, everyone seems to be asleep.

"She's Gone Away"
Another really creepy track, with Trent taking advantage of his deep vocals, this one is a real grower. It feels like being stuck inside of some kind of a nightmare, the echoing screams of Trent do not help either, it works flawlessly. I also love how his wife joins in for the chorus. Ending is also really dma nscary.

"Idea Of You"
Most intense track since Post-Fragile, even more so than "You Know What You Are" the most "in your face" song and the one which does not require to grow on you due to how straightforward it is. The sudden just blast of volume that happens as the chorus hits is orgasm inducing. Trent's voice hasn't sounded this good in ages. Hearing his deep voice scream like this feels really powerful and it works. Perfect for live probably, safest track on the album, but that's not a flaw.
(cont)
>>
File: tumblr_l7eu73YCeP1qzwe28o1_1280.jpg (133KB, 694x345px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_l7eu73YCeP1qzwe28o1_1280.jpg
133KB, 694x345px
>>69878200
Burning Bright (Field On Fire)

It surprises me that Trent choosed to reveal this track to overall public as the first thing they'd hear from this EP. It's the song that requires you to "get it" the most, at first it sounds like just noise until you let your ears to ignore the noise, suddenly you don't hear the muffled noise but the actual lyrics, the guitars, sounding like a march of a mad man burning the whole world or some shit, the chorus feels almost thriumphant yet menacing, some story was happening across these five tracks, no doubt, but it does not soound happy at all, very intimidating, that is what this song is. This might be the best track on the EP, might be, all of the tracks stand out, every track is great.

I'd also like to say that this is some of the best lyrics in a while, 10/10, I don't see wrong here, expect for the lenght, obviously. I need more NIN and it makes me so fucking happy how fucking good this is and this is coming from some one who thought that Hesitation Marks's hate is undeserved as that album has a lot of hidden depths, but this EP kinda blows it out of the water in every form.

The problem HM had like tracks going on for too long is absolutely gone here (Just listen to Disappointed), every track seems to have perfect lenght.
>>
Dave Navarro shreds on that one song.

This EP is Broken 2.0
>>
File: nat1455333203695.jpg (73KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
nat1455333203695.jpg
73KB, 604x453px
>>69874473
Instead of a 90s keyring we will get dirty A4 printed lyrics?
>>
File: 1482536214010.jpg (121KB, 600x328px) Image search: [Google]
1482536214010.jpg
121KB, 600x328px
What are some essential bootlegs and remix albums to listen to?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.