[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Its a real shame that the Foo Fighters get a bad rep here considering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: ff.jpg (54KB, 780x780px) Image search: [Google]
ff.jpg
54KB, 780x780px
Its a real shame that the Foo Fighters get a bad rep here considering that this album is solid as fuck
>>
>>69871719
hi dad :)
>>
>>69871767

>dad was born in 1999
>not underage

are you like, 1?
>>
>>69871812
even worse you're not underage and enjoy Foo Fighters
>>
>>69871828
because liking turd collective, ganye and radiomeme is so much better
>>
>>69871828

even worse, you can compile a coherent sentence yet you still think le dad rock meme is a real thing

it makes sense that you post on /mu/
>>
>>69871867
that's a step above liking foo fighters no matter how small

>>69871870
lolwut
>>
>>69871881
there is truly nothing more plebeian than being part of the /mu/core hivemind

even your average normie girl who listens to whatever top 40 songs are less plebeian than the average /mu/core listener. they unironically enjoy their music far more than the average /mu/core listener
>>
>>69871881

>lolwut

definitely underage

look, foo fighters arent the best band by most people's measures but their not the worst shit ever. op's pic related has some solid jams on there, especially Stacked Actors. if you wanna keep up with your silly strawman shit go ahead. it's just a boring meme at this point.
>>
>>69871916
nah lol

>>69871920
nah they're pretty average, it's post-Nirvana without Kurt doing quality control
>>
File: download.jpg (122KB, 1484x987px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
122KB, 1484x987px
I was conflicted when Letterman was so high on them.
>>
I AM conflicted because Letterman is high on them.
>>
Papa Letterman.
>>
>>69871956

>they're not great but they're not bad
>nah they're pretty average

You're good at nuance, huh?

Also, if you like Nirvana listen to the first Foo record which is just Dave solo, playing a bunch of songs that were meant to be Nirvana songs.
>>
>>69871881
>lolwut
>nah lol

>this is the post quality of the average /mu/core listener

how do we fix /mu/?
>>
>>69872025
I was trying to be nice

Nirvana was good-average foo fighters is bad
>>
>>69871719
agreed. Aurora is amazing

Their first 3 records and Skin and Bones are great
>>
>>69872141

>i was trying to be nice

By being extremely divisive and flippant?

You come off as a retarded, uninformed, kid. I've said it multiple times, but I'll say it again, Foo Fighters aren't great but their not bad.

Maybe listen to more than the singles before you make vastly generalising opinions or/also threads on a subject you no next to nothing about.

l8er sk8er
>>
>>69872702
you come off as having shit taste because you actually believe foo fighters is anything of substantial quality

Merry Christmas faggot
>>
>>69872725

you said they were average so you completely agree with my sentiments

merry christmas, 12 year old /mu/fag. i hope your mom whips a Colour and the Shape jewel case directly into your eye ball while informing you she's been cucking your faggot dad
>>
why the fuck would I like a band for making a "solid" album when they're supposed to make an actually good one?
>>
>>69872894
only smart person in this thread

Also fantastic album
>>
as much as I enjoy TINLTL there's something sad about a band's best album being like a generous 7, 7.5/10
>>
>>69871916
>top 40's grill less pleb than /mu/core
I hope this is bait or you can fuck right off

other than that Foo Fighters is an overrated pleb band that's released the same mediocre album repeatedly with no experimentation
>>
>>69872931

But what you're not realizing is that FF is a greatest hits band. They've had plenty of solid albums but it's the greatest hits that's gonna be the 8.5+

Think about it.
>>
>>69873055
this

Dave Grohl biggest influence is the Beatles. He just wants to write nice songs but with a rock vibe
>>
>>69873211
the Beatles experimented a great deal more than the Foo Fighters ever have
>>
If you have songs from a band called "the Foo Fighters" in your library you need to off yourself
>>
>>69873247

Hence their greatest achievement being their greatest hits.
>>
>>69873055
Usually my favorite Foo Fighters songs are the album tracks. Everlong, Best of You, etc. don't do it for me.
>>
>>69873260

what if it's mislabelled? can i just maim myself?
>>
>>69873316
The only acceptable one would be Foo Fighters - Kung Fu Fighting.
>>
>>69873271
I just can't agree with that anon, at least the beat les had some cohesiveness and thought to their critically acclaimed albums. Rather than just a few tracks that got overplayed on the radio and got memed into oblivion.

>THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST
>>
>>69873293

There's definitely a lot of gems on the albums.

Personally I love songs like: My Poor Brain and See You but I'm arguing with 12 year olds that think Foo Fighters are as bad as Nickleback (who are also underrated and a scapegoat for a lot of nonsense).

Obviously there's a lot of nuance on the albums.
>>
>>69873351

>a few tracks... on the radio

Check that assumption bra. Foo Fighters have had a ton of successful singles

Definitely not just "THE BEST" tier shit.
>>
>>69873378
I think there's just one retard in here. The average person with good taste rarely hates them on a Nickelback level, just finds them middling at worst. As an aside, Nickelback isn't always offensive to me, but I can't defend the impact they had on the market.

With Foo Fighters, I think the problem is that people don't remember they used to be worthy of the "alternative" descriptor. When they hit the One by One album (the last album I can say I liked, though not as much), they started this transition to more generic hard rock. In this way, they are similar to Metallica, both in scope and sound, just as Metallica was a heavy influence on Nirvana.
>>
>>69873397
Are the new singles being played still because they're good or because it's the Foo Fighters? Honestly I have nothing against the 90's FF since they wrote catchy shit that wasn't bad. Everlong is a great pop rock song. Since then, they don't have much to show for unless you want to correlate singles sales with music quality. And you could defend plenty of shit music with muh sales or muh popularity these days.
>>
File: 1399539150215.png (212KB, 346x385px) Image search: [Google]
1399539150215.png
212KB, 346x385px
tl;dr dave can write a good song but never let him do a full album again
>>
>>69871719
Their first three albums are classics. Anyone who tells you otherwise has an enormous ego which prevents them from enjoying life.
>>
The main riff in Stacked Actors is nice
>>
>>69873247
that's not the point you stupid fuck
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.