[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this regarded as creepy for any reason other than the Salad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

File: geogaddi.jpg (258KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
geogaddi.jpg
258KB, 1000x1000px
Is this regarded as creepy for any reason other than the Salad Fingers association?
>>
>>69865741
the album overall has some pretty creepy textures

i don't think anyone thinks it's the creepiest shit ever but you can't deny it has some amount of it
>>
>>69865741
Because of the cult references and ominous sounding tracks such as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6cbNPfWEVo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av60MDeSjE8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQazE3p-XTI
Did you really need this explained?
>>
It is definitely lady-strangling music
>>
Seriously? People immediately noticed the creepy and ominous vibes back when it was released. Pointless thread.
>>
>>69865741
I thought julie and candy was the creepiest
>>
I'm actually putting off listening to this album because of how apparently creepy and psychedelic it is. I really like all their previous albums and all of them have some sort of sinister and melancholic atmosphere to them. I want to listen to it for the first time while under the influence of some psychedelics. Will probably fuck me up but it will also be a memorable experience. All I heard was the first second from the opening track and it already sounded creepy as fuck.
>>
The Beach at Redpoint gives me some cyberpunk vibes
>>
>>69865894
yeah especially when you know the story behind this
>>
how is this creepy again?
>>
>>69866278

66:06 runtime. Now go to bed.
>>
>>69865894
>>69866174
Not creppy at all
And there's no story behind it
>>
>>69866325
fuck off
>>
number stations
>>
>>69866278
>>69866312
Dude we left a completely silent track at the end so it would end on a spooky number LMAO
>>
>>69866325

Give it more time. The way the album creeps up on you is incredible. One day you'll have a realization how disturbing and creepy the album is. The devil really is in the details.
>>
>>69866342
a full ONE MINUTE AND FORTY SIX SECONDS OF SPOOK
>>
>>69866369
Hahaha 2 spoopy
>>
>>69865741
i think its more mysterious than creepy, i get a beautiful ethereal vibe off Geogaddi. I love "Opening The Mouth" sets the mood just right.
>>
>>69866223
What's the story behind it?
>>
Energy Warning gives me some really bad vibes when I listen to it.
>>
Dawn Chorus's intro reminds me of number stations/conet project.
>>
>>69866383

There are two kinds of people in the Geogaddi camp. Those who think it's a relaxing and mellow album and those who believe it's some disturbing, twisted, hauntological, occult statement on world history and all of existence.
>>
Lrn2wikipedia or google or really fucking anything other than 4chan
>>
>>69866325
the story is about some girl dying, I forgot the article but the title of the song references her
>>
>>69866465
i love how with the two kinds of people, one is vague and broad and one is super extreme
>>
>>69866409
>>69866475
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candace_Newmaker
>>
>>69866362
Dude this is one of my favorite album of all time. I've listen to it dozens of times, acid and mushroom experiences included.

It's not dark or creepy, just eerie sometimes.
>>
>>69865741
Tomorrow's Harvest is much more terrifying
>>
I say the two kinds are normies and the drug abusers
>>
>>69866500
See, Geogaddi is mysterious creepy. Tomorrow's Harvest is post-apocalypse creepy.
>>
>>69866500

Not comparable.
>>
>>69865741
Honestly I jever understood why this was consodered creepy or scary.

Its relaxing and chill af.
>>
>>69866551

see

>>69866465
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD8aepirsnY

>Gyroscope plays
>People falling from buildings during 9/11

This video project cemented me in the "Geogaddi is a creepy album" camp.
>>
>>69866465
I can see how this brings out emotins related to world history, as you say. Although i'm not feeling creepiness, these sounds bring me to think of of forgotten places / memories which all our predecessors felt and are lost forever, the things which are not left for us to see, abandoned places. I usually get creeped out when I think too much of abandoned places or about our predecessors when getting around a city or a building, and these melanchonic sounds certainly evoke similar feelings; however this is not sounding creepy in any way at first listen
>>
It's getting boring
>>
i smoked salvia to this album, it was nice and relaxing
>>
Some people find BoC creepy in general. Hell, I find Twoism slightly creepy. Makes me imagine vast and cold desert landscapes on mars.
>>
>>69865964
First track is bomb as fuck. I can understand that some find this album creepy or scary but to me it feels nice and nostalgic just like any other boc record. Definitely has its stranger and more twisted moments but that's just part of what makes this record great. Wish I could experience it for the first time on psychedelics. Have never tried them myself but boc would be some of my go to music for the experience.
>>
>>69866491
How is this related?
Julie and candy?
>>
>>69866465
I'm 100% of the mindset that it's the latter, but I think that largely because of the context of BoC's other works, even MHTRTC feels like a statement within the music and that (other than maybe campfire headphase) is the most relaxing of their albums to me.
>>
If you think this album is spooky you're fucking dumb lol
Its kinda creepy once in a while but it's mostly beautiful and nostalgic
>>
Wait this was in salad fingers? Shit son I'm gonna have to watch it again
>>
File: 1469137342875.png (201KB, 333x320px) Image search: [Google]
1469137342875.png
201KB, 333x320px
>>69867563
>you're fucking dumb lol
>>
>>69867375
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candace_Newmaker
its just a theory but Candace Newmaker = Candy, and Julie Ponder = Julie
>>
>>69866827
>deserts are creepy
are you a 6yo girl?!
>>
>>69867778
kekd
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.