[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Talk me out of buying this https://www.amazon.ca/KRK-10s2-1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1204167025232.jpg (45KB, 450x478px) Image search: [Google]
1204167025232.jpg
45KB, 450x478px
Talk me out of buying this

https://www.amazon.ca/KRK-10s2-10-inch-Subwoofer/dp/B01I3KAID2/ref=pd_sbs_267_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=3G4SZP7WV0HWSGM179VX
>>
It's just for a small room. The 8s would be adequate but the 10s is a better value.

I will probably have to end up covering all my walls with sound foam.
>>
Don't buy that, OP
>>
>>69864081
>Don't buy that, OP
Fuck, thanks man. That was a closey.
>>
Srsly, though.

Is there some much better sub I should be getting for the same price or lower?
>>
>>69864264
If you're gonna shell out $600 for a sub you might as well just get a good set of monitors, imo.

Subs are nice and all if you're watching movies, but generally for music you want everything coming from the same source.
>>
>>69864331
I have two KRK rokit 5's that I just bought.
>>
>>69864037
Are you actually mixing, or just using it to blast faggy anime ost?
>>
>>69864349
Never understood the appeal of Rokits. They're coloured and the staple "monitors" every bedroom producer has. The second I see someone with a pair of those I instantly know they know nothing about speakers.

Might as well get it I guess if you're already this far in. The system would probably last you a while.
>>
>>69864387
pls don't mix on Rokits
>>
>>69864387
faggy ost
>>69864395
they're great for my small space. far enough from a genuine studio monitor that stuff actually sounds good, but you can still pick apart all those little nuances that are lost on lesser speakers.
>>
>>69864426
Fair enough. I guess my reasoning if you buy that sub you've probably sunk around $800+ into the setup, which you could've got a really decent pair of monitors for that price. Maybe even some Focals.

I've been looking at a pair of Focal Alpha 65's for a while now. A pair would run you around $800 and Focal is a pretty solid brand. Worked on Focal Solos and Twins and hooo, they good mane.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Alpha65/
>>
>>69864426
>>69864507
Continuing, probably coulda even got some HS8s for what you'd pay for this whole setup,
>>
>>69864507
The rokits were $550 for both, including extra warranty (yes, I fell for it)
>>
>>69864524
I mean, you've got what you got. A sub would definitely bring that low end up. If you do end up grabbing the sub try to place it a little further away from where you'll be sitting.
>>
>>69864635
It's gona go right under my table. I might have to buy some foam to prevent my screens from vibrating off the desk.
>>
File: battlestationnew.jpg (276KB, 1787x722px) Image search: [Google]
battlestationnew.jpg
276KB, 1787x722px
>>69864635
This is what we're working with here
>>
>>69864653
>>69864676
Hmmm, yeah I guess it isn't really possible to move it much further.

In an ideal world you'd want your sub around 4-8 feet away from you because them lower frequencies take a bit longer to develop.

If the 10 is a better deal than the 8 you might as well just grab the 10. Having a system that can suit a bigger room is always a plus.
>>
>>69864749
My thoughts exactly.
>>
Any other input?
>>
>>69864676
>Dota 2

bleh
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.