[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate this album? I know it's not as good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Why do people hate this album?

I know it's not as good as others classic NIN albums but it feels good to listen to. It was the album that got me into nine inch nails. I guess it's because it's the easiest album do digest but it doesn't mean it's bad.

All The Love in the World stills gives me chills when the piano at the end begins. With Teeth, The Hand that Feeds and Only are so good and the last three songs feels so genuine and beautiful. It has it flaws but it's not bad.
>>
File: based_trent.png (658KB, 1079x1150px) Image search: [Google]
based_trent.png
658KB, 1079x1150px
>>69860240
With Teeth's only sin is that it wasn't Bleedthrough, it felt like a belated cop-out upon release.

People don't hate it, though, it was the gateway for most younger fans, not just you. Year Zero gets a lot more undeserved crap, it's really underrated nowadays.
>>
With Teeth's ending Right Where It Belongs just brings me to tears every time, that ending piano seems like a relief of all the pain and suffering Trent went through The Fragile era. The fact album ends on it adds so much strenght to it.

It's an amazing album, it is getting appreaction now, but before people were all over it to hate it due to how different was, that happens to literally every single release of NIN ever because Trent always changes it up.
>>
hey man, nice shot.
>>
honestly my favorite nin album
>>
With Teeth is my second favorite NIN album after TDS. Love "Only".
>>
The Hand That Feeds, Every Day Is Exactly The Same, and Only are all great songs. They're also a lot more radio-ready and polished for the mainstream than someone coming off the highs of Downward Spiral/The Fragile so it was probably a miss with the fans on release and never shook off that sense of disappointment.

>>69860350
>With Teeth's only sin is that it wasn't Bleedthrough
pretty much
>>
The Line Begins to Blur is one of my favorite NIN tracks and the album as a whole is great.
>>
>>69860240
>>69860240
It's grown on me in recent years. A solid release.
>>
Its not a bad album. Its just when THTF debuted it left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths. People associated it with the Killers and that type of hipstery modern rock that was getting so popular. Although it was massively overblown.
>>
tds > fragile > broken > with teeth > pretty hate machine > year zero > the slip > ghosts > hesitation marks

i like them all to an extent though
>>
Ghosts is the best NIN album clearly.
>>
>>69860240
There's probably an argument to be made for this album being underappreciated, but that argument does not involve the track "Only". The lyrics alone border on self-parody.
>>
>>69860991
>hm that low

kys

where do you rank the new EP though?
>>
>>69861052
it references Kinda Like A Cloud I Was Up In The Sky or whatever the fuck that song's name is with the ''tiny little scab'' lyric
>>
>>69861052
Only is great, belated tribute to Fight Club. With TDS being a huge inspiration on Chuck Palahniuk's writing at the time and the video being directed by David Fincher it's both a loop-closing and strangely prophetic track.

That said, it does kinda kill the flow on WT and the remix off the EIETS single is ten times better than the album version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RRbrWmaKyU
>>
>>69861261
you linked to the wrong remix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQqRfsSAKn8
>>
File: not bad.png (428KB, 674x515px) Image search: [Google]
not bad.png
428KB, 674x515px
>>69861380
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.