[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>AOTY from Marcel, TMT, and Resident Advisor was it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: a0754016841_10.jpg (404KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a0754016841_10.jpg
404KB, 1200x1200px
>AOTY from Marcel, TMT, and Resident Advisor

was it really that good?
>>
it made me proud to be british
>>
The first track's annoying as fuck, but after that there are definitely some good tracks. Particularly the track "Meditation"

Here's a link to the single release of that track. Check it out.

https://hyperdub.bandcamp.com/album/babyfather-meditation-instrumental-ft-arca-hdb098
>>
it reminded me of playing GTA 4
>>
yeah but don't even attempt to understand it if you have less than 125 IQ
>>
dean blunt is shite and everything he's ever been involved in is shite
>>
idk its really unique, and desu more experimental than the majority of the shit released this year, which is ofc why TMT and Marcel loved it. Also TMT gets a hardon with anything with Dean Blunt in it
>>
>>69859918
in what way is it experimental?
>>
>>69859619
Yes, it's Dean in total control of his artistic vision. It only works up to moments of brilliance a few times, but it's a concerted, knowing effort where he just dangles the best parts out there for a short time and then moves on intentionally. I prefer 419, but this album was really good. Babyfather is one hell of a project so far.
>>
>>69860019
tldr; good concept but poorly executed.
>>
>>69859927
the unconventional use of hip-hop themes??? Have you heard anything that remotely sounds like this?
>>
>>69859876
Fucking this. What's so bizarre about this guy though his music doesn't seem to be that polarizing here on mu, at least from what I've seen. He either isn't talked about at all, or just receives a few praises and the thread dies. His production style is a bit... different so it is weird to me.
>>
>>69860226
>I have no clue what grime and dubstep are
>>
>>69860370
I noticed the p4k/TMT reviews didn't even mention grime lol
>>
>>69860364
neither pitchfork or fantano gave him that much attention, otherwise he would be a huge meme by now
>>
He released 3 Great albums this year
Snakeman freestyle on his latest album is GOAT
>>
is dj escrow a real person?
>>
>>69860374
Surprising for TMT, not so for p4k. Dumb either way.
>>
>>69860655
yes

>>69860200
this sums up dean blunt, sure there are some interesting concepts he thinks of but at the end of the day, it's the music that matters and it just isn't up to quality
>>
>>69860370
name one grime album like this
>>
I'll never understand this album
>>
>>69860782
Its an album americans will NEVER understand.
>>
>>69859640
fpbp
>>
I'm thinking about moving to the UK so I can listen to the album and relate to the first track.
>>
>>69860696
there's no grime album that sounds -exactly- like this, obviously. but it's clear that he's playing off of grime/pirate radio tropes on basically every track. which imho he does really well and it makes for a super interesting listen
>>
>>69860880
You're not truly British unless you're born British m8
>>
>>69861033
are you in ukip
>>
File: 1459830758999.jpg (1MB, 2197x1463px) Image search: [Google]
1459830758999.jpg
1MB, 2197x1463px
>>69861116
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.