[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the appeal of Swans? I've listened to The Seer and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
What is the appeal of Swans? I've listened to The Seer and To Be Kind and most of their songs are a 5 seconds riff stretched into a 10, 20 minutes track with an old guy mumbling occasionally. There's no dynamics, no hooks, no interesting intrumental passages. It's always a built-up to nothing.

What am I missing?
>>
Those albums are shit. Listen to their 80s albums and Soundtracks for the Blind.
>>
What is the appeal of Radiohead? I've listened to The Bends and The King of Limbs and most of their songs are a 5 seconds riff stretched into a 5 minutes track with an old guy mumbling occasionally. There's no dynamics, no hooks, no interesting intrumental passages. It's always a built-up to nothing.

What am I missing?
>>
yeah start with the early stuff. I think its easier to understand the new stuff as well once you get the earlier really heavy shit.

Yeah the music is really kind of droney or repetitive. I feel like its some kind of pretty primitive sort of ritual music. It can be very cathartic emotionally you know
>>
>Listening to modern swans

Here, have this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7qDzHJFD6Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNvNW-k0cFY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByY7Fho0Z6A
>>
File: cute anime pic 0575.jpg (45KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
cute anime pic 0575.jpg
45KB, 720x720px
>>69859528
Those albums also use that formula, troglodyte
>>
>>69859482
>no dynamics
Either deaf or trolling. The tracks are often centered around dynamics play through the use of various timbres. Saged. Next thread, please.
>>
>>69859482
>Bring the Sun, Toussaint Louverture
>not dynamic
>>
>>69859528
>>69859558
>>69859577
I've listened to Filth also

It a bit better than their later stuff, but not much. The percussion is interesting, but the guitars are uninspired and the singer now instead of mumbling is shouting edgy lyrics.

I'm guess their bleak and misanthropic music is not my cup of tea
>>
>>69859990
The "modern" stuff is drivel. The old stuff doesn't work too well out of context.

Give White Light or The Great Annihilator a try.
>>
i like their harsher stuff. I never really liked their lighter stuff. mayble you'll like their harsher stuff like filth.
>>
Maybe you just don't like them??
>>
>>69861203
lol nvm.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.